New City Grower 2.0

Hey buddy, hope all is well!

slow I come come to the conclusion I am an idiot and trying to wander off on my own... Oh a butterfly........:blushsmile:.....:circle-of-love:

:rofl:

you said it, not me :rofl: :peace: to D :passitleft: :green_heart:

:ciao: BAR :passitleft: hope all is well, cleaning 9 pairs of scissors, lots of sticky trimming today:circle-of-love:
P82493531.png

Thanks for that great detailed reply, PJ

Love your mixes - love your whole approach. I've been captivated by the idea the soil plus microorganisms feeding the plant since I first heard it. (BTW - I didn't know what great stuff Yum-Yum is when I first answered Trichomes. Thought it was more of a fertilizer)

Thanks for the clear explanations!

:rofl:

you said it, not me :rofl: :peace: to D :passitleft: :green_heart:

:ciao: BAR :passitleft: hope all is well, cleaning 9 pairs of scissors, lots of sticky trimming today:circle-of-love:
P82493531.png

Whoa. They should name a Muppet out of that thing Trichs. It's a monster!

QUICK UPDATE​
Aug 25, 2014​

The roots are developing nicely on the two
Cotton Candy clone cuttings so I decided to take a cut of a lower branch from QUEEN THIA (Wild Thailand, re-veg). If I'm going to clone I might as well clone the best weed I've grown to date. Nothing else I've grown has come close to the quality of the Wild Thai.

As of now the window seal method is my cloning method of choice.

IMG_20140825_2_.jpg

IMG_20140825_3_.jpg

IMG_20140825_4_.jpg

IMG_20140825_5_.jpg

IMG_20140825_6_.jpg

KERALA X SKUNK #1
(Regular) Day 110 / Day 14 inside & under 12/12

After all that training (reverse super-cropping, topping, and defoliating) she's still determined to rip through the roof. But I'm not really going to worry myself about it for now. I've witnessed Cronic having his plants trying to eat his LED panel.

IMG_20140825_7_.jpg

IMG_20140825_8_.jpg

Hope you stayed awake thru the whole service, BAR.
Believe it or not Organics, I was well medicated & enjoyed myself. Might make it a weekly routine.

I'm curious - with your new soil mix, how will you approach using nutes?
Hello Slomo. I wont be using any nutes with this soil mix but once we switch into flower mode with a plant we'll be adding Bat crap.

High Reg
how are you this fine day :peace::love::peace:

Hey buddy, hope all is well!
I'm doing quite well today Jaga & Koncept. Just a little peeved because I actually had to do what the pay me for at work today, cutting into my 420 time.

oh my gosh! BAR I just sprayed the screen , that was a rare, WET AUDIBLE OUTBURST

, LMFAO! :high-five:

slomo :rofl: :rofl: I can't believe I never thought of that nickname :thumb:

I literally outburst verbal spray, best :rofl: months, one word stooped me in my tracks, gosh I love this place.:circle-of-love:

slomo, apply thumb here to show us your new nickname is acceptable (we'll use it either way :cheesygrinsmiley:)

This question is really for Coach PJ but I figured I'd post it on the air so we all could benefit from it and someone else might even be able to answer it;

Is Peat Moss alone (no additives) a good medium to germinate in after tap-rooting a seed?

This question is really for Coach PJ but I figured I'd post it on the air so we all could benefit from it and someone else might even be able to answer it;

Is Peat Moss alone (no additives) a good medium to germinate in after tap-rooting a seed?

Okay, I'll take a guess, and hopefully someone who knows will tell us.

I think it would be too acidic without some correction.

A lot of seedling starter mixes are mostly peat. Structurally it ought to be fine, if you can get it wet evenly. Perlite would be an easy improvement. You would have to feed after a week or so.

PeeJay's mix #1 seems infinitely better

:circle-of-love:

As of now the window seal method is my cloning method of choice.

IMG_20140825_6_.jpg

Hey Reg.

Am I correct in believing you have actually put roots on cuttings here ?

Congrats my friend.

Many thanks for sending me the bunch of catch up links. Not had time yet, but a very thoughtful gesture. Cheers Reg my friend.

I'll dust off your membership card ! :slide::woohoo:

Reggie, I've been starting seeds in peat pellets for decades. I see no reason why to not use peat. I will say a better medium to germinate seed in is vermiculite. There are a few textures of vermiculite. The puffed version has larger particles and remains lighter on top of seeds.

In the big greenhouses when we were growing seed which required light to germinate, we'd use promix into the trays, lay seed on top of that mix and on top of that, expanded vermiculite. It was light enough to allow light to penetrate so the light requirement for seeds is met at the same time that light layer of vermiculite provided the moisture through out the day until it germinated.

So, yes you can definitely use plain peat moss to germ seed, but I prefer a special seed starting, sterile mix. Any cheap sterile seed starting mix is good. Then you have better chances of not losing seedlings to rhizoctonia.

Back
Top Bottom