Neikodog's High Brix Sativas

Nice harvest Neiko! Curious, do you typically sample your plant prior to harvest?
Sometimes. If it's something I haven't grown before I usually do. I typically have a plant coming down every couple weeks so if there is something I think is in the window I'll grab a sample so I can wash it with the plant I'm harvesting.

That’s nice and organized! :high-five:
Garden is looking great! I did some searching in your thread as I was curious about how cuttings fit into your grow style.
I found a remark you made that made a lot of sense. You mentioned, Im paraphrasing, you keep a cut until you grow out the mom and decide if it’s a keeper. I am curious how likely it is that you keep a plant around for more than one run.
Do you keep any mother’s around just for cuts? I’m growing my first clone out right now and I’m not the least bit deterred from doing it again, personally.

Garden is looking great! I did some searching in your thread as I was curious about how cuttings fit into your grow style.
I found a remark you made that made a lot of sense. You mentioned, Im paraphrasing, you keep a cut until you grow out the mom and decide if it’s a keeper. I am curious how likely it is that you keep a plant around for more than one run.
Do you keep any mother’s around just for cuts? I’m growing my first clone out right now and I’m not the least bit deterred from doing it again, personally.

He’s had his Bubba hash going for a couple years now, when you find a special keeper it sure is nice to be able to grow it as often as you want at least until you luck into something even better that you want to replace it with :passitleft:

He’s had his Bubba hash going for a couple years now, when you find a special keeper it sure is nice to be able to grow it as often as you want at least until you luck into something even better that you want to replace it with :passitleft:
Great point. I’m still looking for ‘my’ strains :yahoo:but I’m having fun looking haha

I don't keep mothers. I clone the clone as it goes into flower. I would say 30% of the strains I grow get re-run. I cleared out almost all my keepers not long ago but they are building fast again. I like a lot of variety and most my keepers are for medical reasons or they are just to special to me to let go. I have 2 CBD strains I keep. My head stash keepers are Bubba Hash, Killer A5 Haze and Thai Chi. I may end up dropping the Thai Chi (even though I love it) because it grows so fast and is really wild. I may switch that one out for the A5 x Panama if it is as good as I expect it to be.

Thanks Archi.

The Zamal Hash is nice! So is the Bubba Kush x Nepal Jam. That stuff had me soaring last night. Here's a couple pics of random buds as I was jarring them up. The BK x NJ gave me 3 oz. which is more than I thought. I didn't veg that one very long so I'm happy with that.

dia.giphy.com%2Fmedia%2FxTiTnLgBWlktQ5SlhK%2Fgiphy.gif

Frosty little nugs :)

:laughtwo: nice one Krip!

Beautiful neiko! They look like jewels :D

That’s a very nice list of current keepers you have. What are the CBD strains you run, please? :Namaste:

Thanks everyone. Good one Krip!

My CBD strains are Cannatonic (20% CBD .08% THC) and Jamaican (8% CBD 5+%THC). I'm running an R&D strain from ACE that has all kinds of ratios of cbd. That's the Bubba Kush x Erdpurt, that one is still in veg.

:thumb: thanks. I know you’ve said that before - I forget :) Is that Cannatonic a pretty consistent strain in terms of those cannbinoid levels? WHo is the breeder?

Do you find it robust to grow, or have any take on how it might go outside?
I got it in a trade. Clementine for Cannatonic. I take it at 8 weeks from flip so it should be good for outside. I don't know the breeder, sorry. Cannatonic is one you have to pheno hunt. My cut is pretty rare. The downside is it vegges very slow and is a very low yielder but the Terps are insane if you like orange. I gave a cut to a guy at work who grows outside so we'll see how it does this outdoor season. Strains that go longer than the end of September don't do well here.

Back
Top Bottom