My veg / scrog so far!

Looking Fantastic :bravo: Excellent work.
Just curious why are you flushing? :Namaste:

Stay safe
Bill284 šŸ˜Ž

Thanks Bill, for my 1st grow after so long I couldn't have asked it to go much better!

Ill be flushing for the harvest time, cropping @ week 10 so I've let them go a bit longer.
I've been using hydrotops nutes as you know and also bloombastic.

My pots are labelled up as 22 liter.. so I need to flush each one with 66 liters??
Or just until I get 3 times the amount of water out the bottom?
I forget what I did last time.. I don't think I flushed that much.. but I was using all organic last time..

As I understand it a flush is used to wash debris out of the pot to prevent a build-up causing a deficiency.
Or if you have a deficiency to rectify the issue.
Or if your nutrient line calls for one in week 6 say to prevent an issue in late flower.
Your girls look like they are almost ready to harvest.:welldone:
What are you thinking a week or so?
If there aren't any issues, which there aren't.
I don't see a benefit from all that extra work just before harvest.
Am I not seeing something? :Namaste:
Not trying to be difficult just trying to understand, thanks Amigo.

Stay safe
Bill284 šŸ˜Ž

As I understand it a flush is used to wash debris out of the pot to prevent a build-up causing a deficiency.
Or if you have a deficiency to rectify the issue.
Or if your nutrient line calls for one in week 6 say to prevent an issue in late flower.
Your girls look like they are almost ready to harvest.:welldone:
What are you thinking a week or so?
If there aren't any issues, which there aren't.
I don't see a benefit from all that extra work just before harvest.
Am I not seeing something? :Namaste:
Not trying to be difficult just trying to understand, thanks Amigo.

Stay safe
Bill284 šŸ˜Ž
I've just read in heneral that you "should" flush in the last 7/14 days to prevent a bad tase from the nutes and stuff and as the bloombastic isn't organic thought I'd need to more so?
I plan on harvesting in about 10 days or so, depending on how my work shifts line up.
Would you say just normal watering with ph adjusted, no nutes for the last period is enough?
Thinking back, I think that's all I did last time, but that was all organic so I did wonder.

I've just read in heneral that you "should" flush in the last 7/14 days to prevent a bad tase from the nutes and stuff and as the bloombastic isn't organic thought I'd need to more so?
I plan on harvesting in about 10 days or so, depending on how my work shifts line up.
Would you say just normal watering with ph adjusted, no nutes for the last period is enough?
Thinking back, I think that's all I did last time, but that was all organic so I did wonder.
Your regular scheduled feeding or watering will be fine.
As I understand you canā€™t flush buds by washing roots.
Just like you canā€™t wash your hair by cleaning your feet. :Namaste:
A proper dry and cure will improve any taste issues with your smoke.
IMO your girls are fantastic and flushing will be a wasted effort.
I concentrate on curing to get a better flavor.
Just 2 cents I know others might disagree.

Stay safe
Bill284 šŸ˜Ž

Thanks for your views Bill. I know I never carried that much water up and down the stairs in my last grow, I definitely would have remembered that šŸ¤£šŸ„µ, and those plants back then was in all honesty the best I'd ever smoked!
I'll just water to 20% ish run off as per normal, but water only each time to use up all thats there already... I can't wait ! (Hypothetically of course, I will wait! šŸ˜†)

Your regular scheduled feeding or watering will be fine.
Just 2 cents I know others might disagree.

Stay safe
Bill284 šŸ˜Ž
Agree with @Bill284.

If you're trying to exhaust the nutrient ions that are in the flower I would taper down the nutes rather than flush the media. Tapering will allow the plant to start pulling all those sugars they created during photosynthesis that they stored in the leaves to be used rather than nutrient ions waiting to be used in photosynthesis to convert to sugars.

Some people will just do regular feed volumes but without any nutrients in the water. This will dilute whatever nutrient ions are still in the phloem and flower. I prefer to taper down as I've done anecdotal side by side tests of flushed and unflushed flower. Couldn't tell the difference.

Cool, my last nutrient feed i did a few days ago was about 1/3 strength flower nutes and 1/2 strength booster . I did just ph'd water yesterday, and 1 maybe another 2 ph only watering to come, Then I'll crop šŸ‘
Then the scary bit of the smell going to crap.. Then coming back.. always worries me šŸ¤£

Bill is correct.

If you're hanging up side down you can.

Bill is correct again.:laugh:

Back
Top Bottom