My veg / scrog so far!

Here is an approximate chart for nutrient uptake ph.:Namaste:

Screenshot_20240628-074852_Google.jpg

Setting ph to 6.3 After adding nutrients will improve her nutritional uptake.

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

OK, thanks Bill, I've been doing it wrong all this time then.. even in my last grows 😂
I can then test to see what end ph I've been using all this time.

I'll get one ordered today! Now in fact.. well straight after I sort out my heater controller which the WiFi has just failed on 🙄😅

And thank you for the chart above.. I'll save that into my phone 👍

OK, thanks Bill, I've been doing it wrong all this time then.. even in my last grows 😂
I can then test to see what end ph I've been using all this time.

I'll get one ordered today! Now in fact.. well straight after I sort out my heater controller which the WiFi has just failed on 🙄😅

And thank you for the chart above.. I'll save that into my phone 👍
So glad we found something :Namaste:
Sometimes you have to talk if through before you figure out if there's a procedural error.
Try adjusting it properly and see how she responds.
In soil it may take upto a week to see an improvement. ;)

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

Thanks for all your help Bill. It's great to have an outlet online like this to talk and discuss things.
There are only 2 people outside of my family who are very close friends that know what I'm doing as its still illegal here 🙄☹️. They know nothing about growing anyway, so it's good to to be able to discuss things here with people on the same wavelength 🙂

Thanks for all your help Bill. It's great to have an outlet online like this to talk and discuss things.
There are only 2 people outside of my family who are very close friends that know what I'm doing as its still illegal here 🙄☹️. They know nothing about growing anyway, so it's good to to be able to discuss things here with people on the same wavelength 🙂
I enjoy being able to help people, it's very rewarding.
I was in the same boat many years ago.
Running 5 rooms with zero experience and unable to tell a soul.
Eventually I stumbled apon 420Magazine and became addicted. :rofl:
The community and staff are wonderful. :love:
I'm glad things are working out for you.

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

Well.. I put my normal dose of ph down in the water.. too high.. I don't know if letting the water stand for variable amounts of time has an affect on ph?
At the start of my grow, from previous testing using a liquid/colour chart it seemed fairly stable at 6 drops to get the right ph.. after a few times I got lazy and blindly put in 6 drops per liter and didn't bother testing.
... well, using the new digital ph tester, some bottles of water needed an extra 6 drops, one needed an extra 12!!! This was plain water as I had planned to flush them.. strange thing is, when flushing, my run off was 6.8, which is confusing.. maybe the nutes were bringing it in line, well that's the only thing I can think of.. I'll know when I do a feed.
My ph meter also has an ec/tds probe, checked the run off.. the greener plant and one other were not too bad.. about 2000 us/cm, the other 2 were up at 4000 😱 .
I continued to flush.. I should have prepared more water.. I didn't want to use straight from the tap, so in the end (flushing with water with an ec of 580)
I got one plant down to 7/800 ish, another down to 1100, and the plants that were originally 4000, down to between 1400 & 1500 in the run off.
From what I've read after flushing, the run off should be the same(ish) as the water that's going in (~580), but as you have read by now, I ran out of prepared water.
Now I'm in a quandary, I plan to feed tomorrow, as per my normal schedule as I'm not sure I should flush again, back to back.. but should I do a proper flush on the next water only cycle I wonder 🤔

Basic flush as I know it is usually 3x the size of the pot.
Plain tap water is fine!
What the purpose is of a 3x flush is to wash out salts and debris left in the root zone after your plants uptake what they need.
It builds up over time causing deficiency issues.
So it's usually done when there is an issue. :Namaste:
Or its mid flower to prevent an issue .
Because your in soil let her dry properly before you start feeding again.
Feed , dry , water , dry , feed , dry , water, dry! Always dry in between.
If your girls require a flush again you can do it in a laundry tub with tap water.
Slowly pouring 3 x the pot size through her.
In the meantime set ph of your feed water to 6.3 if possible.
And keep up the good work. :thumb:

Stay safe
Bill284

OK, I'll know that for next time, thanks Bill. I was concerned as I thought the chlorine in the water without letting it stand 24hrs+ would be detrimental.
I'll have to (if I need to) flush in situ as they are not coming out of the net easil, however difficultthey isbon my back 😄.
Tfeed wise, that's pretty much what I was doing, day 1.water 2.dry 3.feed 4.dry, however on the really hot days recently, they did need an additional bit of water.. not much, just to get them through the 2nd dry "night" without the lower leaves wilting.. which I had once earlier on in the grow.
Hopefully now the run off is in a more acceptable range I won't have to do it again 👍
Here's to the next 4 weeks of flower! (Or longer if those trich's are not Amber enough for my liking!).

@Bill284 you rock dude! Thanks for all that you do, helps more people than you might know!

This is the actual one Bill. This is the one for soil growing 🙂

On second check, it's almost the same.. that one is soft water.. I have the hard water version which appropriate for my water 👍
Are you sure you're using your nutes as intended? The link you provided said:

"Perfectly balanced nutrition for crops in the flowering cycle when growing in potting soil. Designed to be mixed with solo grow and solo boost during flowering. Full spectrum advanced nutrient concentrate giving you a great result every time."

And then the back of your bottle that suggests that you should be using multiple other inputs as well.

Are you sure you're using your nutes as intended? The link you provided said:

"Perfectly balanced nutrition for crops in the flowering cycle when growing in potting soil. Designed to be mixed with solo grow and solo boost during flowering. Full spectrum advanced nutrient concentrate giving you a great result every time."

And then the back of your bottle that suggests that you should be using multiple other inputs as well.

Just through laziness and for reference, post 16:

"I was using a different brand 'grow' nutrient which was very old.. plant magic, which was 5-3-3.
At the time I looked online and saw the overlap of grow/flower nutrients on up to week 3. I did drop the grow nute after week 2, just because it was old and the hydrotops had more nitrogen anyway.. it made sense to me at the time.

I'm currently just using a ph down and 5ml per litre of hydrotops, hoping the higher N would make them greener.

The bloombastic booster is another brand again as you probably know, but that's not been started."

So to summarise, I was on a different brand schedule during grow switching to the hydrotops in flower, I did overlap the nutrients as per the hydrotops schedule but switched a week early due to the age of the old nutes, and the nitrogen was more abundant in the flowering nutes anyway. For a booster, I will be using a different brand which is starting next feed, OK that's half a week behind but I think the flush was beneficial.
I have not done the flower/foliar feed as per the schedule as I've not done it before and I don't want to get spray on my buds. 1st grow after a long time, I didn't do it before so don't want to introduce it on my 1st one back.
I haven't used a soil booster other than granules when potting up, and that's mainly been due to the the cost of paying for my set up and also cost of equipment failure, and other non grow related issues... something had to give unfortunately.
But yes, I did use the grow nutes overlapping and will be using a booster but of a different brand with an interpretation of each schedule considered 👍 hope that all makes sense and yoy can see my reasoning/thought process 😀

A picture from today. Just started week 6 of flower a day ago.
Pic angle is 90° different to before, just for a change 😂 , it's funny, when I look at the pic it looks like the nugs in some areas have been copy/pasted 🤣
20240710_223803.jpg

Had a nightmare with ph meters. 1st broke. 2nd went 0.5+ ph out of spec.. only found this out after checking again after I had fed/watered twice 👺

I can only now say, they have definitely had the correct ph on the last watering.. the colour/liquid test coupled with a bit of laziness i was way out.. from my readings and previous doses noted.. I was water feeding in the 7s, and nute feeding in the 5s .

Also had an issue where my exhaust duct came off the outlet to the exterior of the lung room, instead it vented inside the lung room with the dehumidifier going and hit 95° for about an hour and a half... hence the slightly curled fan leaves. This was a couple of days ago and they are still bulking so not too much damage done, fortunately.

A picture from today. Just started week 6 of flower a day ago.
Pic angle is 90° different to before, just for a change 😂 , it's funny, when I look at the pic it looks like the nugs in some areas have been copy/pasted 🤣
20240710_223803.jpg

Had a nightmare with ph meters. 1st broke. 2nd went 0.5+ ph out of spec.. only found this out after checking again after I had fed/watered twice 👺

I can only now say, they have definitely had the correct ph on the last watering.. the colour/liquid test coupled with a bit of laziness i was way out.. from my readings and previous doses noted.. I was water feeding in the 7s, and nute feeding in the 5s .

Also had an issue where my exhaust duct came off the outlet to the exterior of the lung room, instead it vented inside the lung room with the dehumidifier going and hit 95° for about an hour and a half... hence the slightly curled fan leaves. This was a couple of days ago and they are still bulking so not too much damage done, fortunately.
Minor issues handled well by the looks of those beautiful ladies :bravo:
I've had good luck with my @VIVOSUN 3&1 meter.
Only one I've ever had more than a year, I'm a little rough ;)
Hope everything is going well my friend.
Take care.

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

Thanks, yes all going good thanks Bill.
It was a minefield to try and find a decent ph meter. The market is flooded with cheap Chinese units, then when you look at a higher price bracket, a lot are the same cheap core units but in different colours! I ended up with an "Apera" one. It only does ph but it seems stable and it's an established brand 👍

It was a minefield to try and find a decent ph meter. The market is flooded with cheap Chinese units, then when you look at a higher price bracket, a lot are the same cheap core units but in different colours! I ended up with an "Apera" one. It only does ph but it seems stable and it's an established brand 👍
Good choice and I will vouch for them. I’ve used their ph meter for the past 7 or 8 years now.

Apera or BlueLab would be the pens I would recommend. I use BlueLab but others that I trust have used Apera and have given positive reviews.

Soo, a little pic update.
They have had what i perceive to be their last feed a day ago.. Next will be flushing I think.. I'll double check the trichs 1st though. I'd say 90/95% of them are atleast cloudy and of that, about 20% amber.
20240726_034739.jpg

20240726_034837.jpg

Soo, a little pic update.
They have had what i perceive to be their last feed a day ago.. Next will be flushing I think.. I'll double check the trichs 1st though. I'd say 90/95% of them are atleast cloudy and of that, about 20% amber.
20240726_034739.jpg

20240726_034837.jpg
Looking Fantastic :bravo: Excellent work.
Just curious why are you flushing? :Namaste:

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

Back
Top Bottom