Mel & Tra: Cocktails & Coffee With Black Sugar

She looks great el Beardo!

I’ve swapped my good mars hydro light with my old one in the veg room. Hopefully my growth will now catch up with yours :)
Judging from the most recent photos I'm the one playing catch-up!

Bonus update!
I transplanted Katrina. I'm still getting a feel for when to transplant in hempy buckets, and she got a little rootbound.
I think I might try starting them in their final pots in the future.

Katrina-Black Sugar
Day 26

So how does one go about transplanting a "little rootbound" hempy?

I could see how little white pellets would be everywhere! I'd probably even end up with a few in my shoes. :)

So how does one go about transplanting a "little rootbound" hempy?

I could see how little white pellets would be everywhere! I'd probably even end up with a few in my shoes. :)
Well, being rootbound actually helps the process.
The roots hold the perlite together just like they do with soil, so the process is pretty similar, except you can't do what I usually do and prefill the pot with another seedling pot making a void for the rootball. Instead you fill the next pot up to the height you need, plop the rootball on to that, and then backfill around it.
I should have taken a pic of the plant upside down in my hand holding her rootball together.
A few little bits of perlite fell off, but it's actually a bit cleaner than soil, and easier to sweep up.

Well, being rootbound actually helps the process.
The roots hold the perlite together just like they do with soil, so the process is pretty similar, except you can't do what I usually do and prefill the pot with another seedling pot making a void for the rootball. Instead you fill the next pot up to the height you need, plop the rootball on to that, and then backfill around it.
I should have taken a pic of the plant upside down in my hand holding her rootball together.
A few little bits of perlite fell off, but it's actually a bit cleaner than soil, and easier to sweep up.
That's a good description Mel.

I'm gonna' try a hempy grow at some point. I might be picking your brain. :)

Bonus update!
I transplanted Katrina. I'm still getting a feel for when to transplant in hempy buckets, and she got a little rootbound.
I think I might try starting them in their final pots in the future.

Katrina-Black Sugar
Day 26

I love how close you get your nodes.

Legit have to try and train mine horizontally to achieve a low grow.

Happy Sunday el Beardo. My two have almost become one.

Happy Sunday Seedsman Seedstars!

She officially one plant! She will get an uppot tomoz because I need room to train.

AnnMarie Bee aka Black Sugar
Seedsman seed from Sponsors Seedsman Seeds

Hope your Sunday was full of everything that makes you smile… unless you’re hate stalking me. If you’re hate stalking me, I hope a bird shits on you! Lolling!

IMG_1135.jpeg
IMG_1132.jpeg
IMG_1160.jpeg

Kk grow moves have been made. And I forgot to tell you, both Ann and Marie were topped at the 4th node. Different times of course given that Ann is the far more robust plant.

AnnMarie is now one conjoined plant. The roots of both plants are now completely entwined.

Now before I get Bro Science/Anti Bro Science manuals flung at me, I want preface by saying this is just how I grow. I see a lot of posters passionate for their method to be the only grow method. And while growing canna is new to me, the actual growing of plants is not.

There are 100 ways to skin a cat, not that anyone should be skinning cats lolling! As long as you see the plant you are inspired to grow flourish, then it’s right for you

Personally I don’t take any notice of roots. For me it’s the foliage that talks to me. I uppot based on training and convenience. Today AnnMarie was uppotted based on shape, coz I ran out of training room. I like a low flat looking canopy. Again not the way, it’s just the shape I like a plant to be.

Now a safety announcement. Masks are not just for covid. There is bacteria in dirt, and I legit nurse at least one patient every year with a nasty lung infection due to inhaling soil based bacteria. Many will think I added the selfie of me wearing a mask coz I’m a thirsty attention seeking pain in the arse… and they would be right! LOLLING!

IMG_1176.jpeg

AnnMarie has been carhooked within an inch of her life and has never looked more miserable. But hopefully by tomorrow all will be forgiven.

Kk grow moves have been made. And I forgot to tell you, both Ann and Marie were topped at the 4th node. Different times of course given that Ann is the far more robust plant.

AnnMarie is now one conjoined plant. The roots of both plants are now completely entwined.

Now before I get Bro Science/Anti Bro Science manuals flung at me, I want preface by saying this is just how I grow. I see a lot of posters passionate for their method to be the only grow method. And while growing canna is new to me, the actual growing of plants is not.

There are 100 ways to skin a cat, not that anyone should be skinning cats lolling! As long as you see the plant you are inspired to grow flourish, then it’s right for you

Personally I don’t take any notice of roots. For me it’s the foliage that talks to me. I uppot based on training and convenience. Today AnnMarie was uppotted based on shape, coz I ran out of training room. I like a low flat looking canopy. Again not the way, it’s just the shape I like a plant to be.

Now a safety announcement. Masks are not just for covid. There is bacteria in dirt, and I legit nurse at least one patient every year with a nasty lung infection due to inhaling soil based bacteria. Many will think I added the selfie of me wearing a mask coz I’m a thirsty attention seeking pain in the arse… and they would be right! LOLLING!

IMG_1176.jpeg

AnnMarie has been carhooked within an inch of her life and has never looked more miserable. But hopefully by tomorrow all will be forgiven.
Love your plants.

👯‍♀️⭐️Happy Humpday Growstars ⭐👯‍♀️
Omg it’s finally becoming a little bit interesting! Annmarie has lost her baby fat and is starting to take shape. She is officially one plant. When you SaugaView her you can’t see where Ann starts and Marie ends. I’m really pleased with both her grow and colour. She is loving her Carhooks. Hopefully over the next two weeks she will become the shape I dream of every. single. grow. I’m always chasing that elusive CarCanopy. One day I will achieve it lol.

How long do you plan to veg el Beardo? I’m just going to follow your lead (unless I change my mind lol)

IMG_1250.jpeg

IMG_1249.jpeg

Here’s some video in case you’re interested. Preston did one, and it made me want to copy lol.

Thank you so much for following along. I say it all the time, and I fucking mean it. Growing is so much fun, but growing with friends is next level awesome. Xo

And your move EB!

How long do you plan to veg el Beardo? I’m just going to follow your lead (unless I change my mind lol)
I'm not sure yet.
I've kinda screwed up, and she's not growing well yet.
I'm going to be switching to a new batch of MC if the calmag I've started doesn't work.

I'm not sure yet.
I've kinda screwed up, and she's not growing well yet.
I'm going to be switching to a new batch of MC if the calmag I've started doesn't work.
How have you screwed up?

I didn't start the calmag soon enough.
I thought I had spilled nutes on a bottom leaf, but it was the beginning of the calcium deficiency.
It being a problem that's fresh on my mind because of what I believe was a Calcium uptake problem with my Colombian Gold, :hmmmm: and knowing that I was giving them CalMag+ too:rolleyes: and believing the problem was a PH problem.:hmmmm: Do you PH your feed and what do you PH at,:hmmmm: as perlite seems to act like a hydro grow. :)

It being a problem that's fresh on my mind because of what I believe was a Calcium uptake problem with my Colombian Gold, :hmmmm: and knowing that I was giving them CalMag+ too:rolleyes: and believing the problem was a PH problem.:hmmmm: Do you PH your feed and what do you PH at,:hmmmm: as perlite seems to act like a hydro grow. :)
Nope. I don't ph.
Every time I tested it was within a point or so of 6.2.
If it were a ph problem I would have expected it to show from the beginning, although it did turn up early with Katrina.
The thing is, I've been giving her the same mix as my bigger tent.
They're just starting to show the same issue now, so I figure something has changed, but I don't know what.
It doesn't help that I'm moving from soil to hempy, so I have to react a lot faster when I see a problem starting.

👯‍♀️⭐️Happy Humpday Growstars ⭐👯‍♀️
Omg it’s finally becoming a little bit interesting! Annmarie has lost her baby fat and is starting to take shape. She is officially one plant. When you SaugaView her you can’t see where Ann starts and Marie ends. I’m really pleased with both her grow and colour. She is loving her Carhooks. Hopefully over the next two weeks she will become the shape I dream of every. single. grow. I’m always chasing that elusive CarCanopy. One day I will achieve it lol.

IMG_1250.jpeg

IMG_1249.jpeg

Here’s some video in case you’re interested. Preston did one, and it made me want to copy lol.

Thank you so much for following along. I say it all the time, and I fucking mean it. Growing is so much fun, but growing with friends is next level awesome. Xo

And your move EB!
Extra for life :green_heart: ! Great vid girl!

Back
Top Bottom