Meffa's Winter 2021 Grow: GDP, Sirius Black, 8-Ball Kush, Gelato OG, Old School

Sunday 06-Feb
(5) 25 Days Since Flipping to 12/12 || 2 Days Since Watered || 10 Days since top-dressed
(2) 21 Days Since Flipping to 12/12 || 0 Days Since Watered || 8 Days since top-dressed

Today was a watering day for two lovebirds in the 4x4. I added Cal/Mag and Silica to their beverage. Combined they drank ~4gl

Old School
IMG_6923.JPG

Gelato OG
IMG_6922.JPG

Sunday 06-Feb
(5) 25 Days Since Flipping to 12/12 || 2 Days Since Watered || 10 Days since top-dressed
(2) 21 Days Since Flipping to 12/12 || 0 Days Since Watered || 8 Days since top-dressed

Today was a watering day for two lovebirds in the 4x4. I added Cal/Mag and Silica to their beverage. Combined the drank ~4gl

Old School
IMG_6923.JPG

Gelato OG
IMG_6922.JPG
Happy Happy ladies. :thumb:
Beautiful, they could be on the brochure for the seeds. :love:
Nice work .
Hope your having a great day my friend.

Stay safe
Bill

Praying like there is no tomorrow. :thumb:
You should be very proud my friend @meffa

Stay safe
Bill
@Bill284 Yeah I'm pretty happy about how those two are doing.

I'm finding a little more PM on the plants in the 4x8 and I'm planning to spray with citric acid. I bought it but haven't used it yet and wasn't sure on the mix ratio. I think you use citric acid right? If you do can you tell me what ratio you use?

Hey I'm sorry to hear that.
Depending on the strength I believe 10-15% is the correct mixture.

Stay safe
Bill

Hey I'm sorry to hear that.
Depending on the strength I believe 10-15% is the correct mixture.

Stay safe
Bill
Thanks Bill. I found a few posts on here that list 5g citric acid per quart of water. The PM isn't anything like the last grow and I'm hoping to keep it that way!

Tuesday 08-Feb
(5) 27 Days Since Flipping to 12/12 || 0 Days Since Watered || 0 Days since top-dressed
(2) 23 Days Since Flipping to 12/12 || 2 Days Since Watered || 10 Days since top-dressed

I watered the five for fighting today with Cal/Mag, Silica, and Terp Tea Bloom. I also took some GeoFlora Bloom and wrapped it in cheesecloth and brewed it overnight with the Terp Tea. I smeared the GeoFlora paste that was in the cheesecloth across the soil of the two 8-Ball Kush and Sirius, I didn't have enough to do them all but I didn't want to waste it. I have a deficiency that I believe is Calcium and I wanted to give them a boost. We'll see how this turns out.

IMG_6926.JPG

IMG_6927.JPG

IMG_6928.JPG

IMG_6929.JPG

Thursday 10-Feb
(5) 29 Days Since Flipping to 12/12 || 2 Days Since Watered || 2 Days since top-dressed
(2) 25 Days Since Flipping to 12/12 || 0 Days Since Watered || 12 Days since top-dressed

I watered my two girlfriends in the 4x4 today and gave them the same Terp Tea bloom and GeoFlora treatment that I gave to the five in the 4x8 just to be consistent. These two aren't showing any deficiencies but I didn't want them to feel left out!

I'm probably going to scale down the grow for next year if these two in the 4x4 turn out as good as what I've been getting in the 4x8. It's just a heck of a lot of work and electricity being used running both tents. I say that now but we'll see what next season brings :p

Gelato OG
IMG_6934.JPG

Old School
IMG_6935.JPG

Gelato OG up top, Old School on the bottom.
IMG_6936.JPG

Saturday 12-Feb
(5) 31 Days Since Flipping to 12/12 || 0 Days Since Watered || 0 Days since top-dressed
(2) 27 Days Since Flipping to 12/12 || 2 Days Since Watered || 14 Days since top-dressed

I watered the all girl rock band in the 4x8 today with Cal/Mag, Humic Acid, and Silica. Combined they drank ~9 gallons.
I sprayed citric acid a few days ago for some PM that I saw and again last night. It seems to be working and the plants don't seem bothered by it. I had to hook up one of the Grand Daddy Purples to yo-yo's. The colas were swaying in the breeze and needed a little support. :tommy:

GDP with yo-yo's
IMG_6938.JPG

GDP's
IMG_6939.JPG

Sirius Black
IMG_6940.JPG

8-Ball Kush
IMG_6941.JPG
IMG_6942.JPG
IMG_6943.JPG

Monday 14-Feb
(5) 33 Days Since Flipping to 12/12 || 2 Days Since Watered || 2 Days since top-dressed
(2) 29 Days Since Flipping to 12/12 || 0 Days Since Watered || 0 Days since top-dressed

I watered the dynamic duo in the 4x4 today with Cal/Mag and Silica. I also top dressed with GeoFlora bloom. Combined they drank ~4 gallons between them. Old School is really starting to thicken up.

Gelato OG
IMG_6945.JPG

Old School
IMG_6946.JPG

Gelato OG up top, Old School on the bottom
IMG_6947.JPG

Wednesday 16-Feb
(5) 35 Days Since Flipping to 12/12 || 0 Days Since Watered || 4 Days since top-dressed
(2) 31 Days Since Flipping to 12/12 || 2 Days Since Watered || 2 Days since top-dressed

I watered the two twosomes +1 in the 4x8 today with Cal/Mag, Silica, and Big Bloom. Combined they drank their usual ~9gal. They're really starting to bulk up and some of the pistils are changing colors. It won't be long now! :yahoo:

IMG_6948.JPG

IMG_6949.JPG

IMG_6950.JPG

IMG_6951.JPG

IMG_6952.JPG

Wednesday 16-Feb
(5) 35 Days Since Flipping to 12/12 || 0 Days Since Watered || 4 Days since top-dressed
(2) 31 Days Since Flipping to 12/12 || 2 Days Since Watered || 2 Days since top-dressed

I watered the two twosomes +1 in the 4x8 today with Cal/Mag, Silica, and Big Bloom. Combined they drank their usual ~9gal. They're really starting to bulk up and some of the pistils are changing colors. It won't be long now! :yahoo:

IMG_6948.JPG

IMG_6949.JPG

IMG_6950.JPG

IMG_6951.JPG

IMG_6952.JPG
Still perfect. :bravo:

Stay safe
Bill

Friday 18-Feb
(5) 37 Days Since Flipping to 12/12 || 2 Days Since Watered || 6 Days since top-dressed
(2) 33 Days Since Flipping to 12/12 || 0 Days Since Watered || 4 Days since top-dressed

I watered the two gals in the 4x4 today and they are starting to impress me with their no-fuss attitudes. The leaves on these two are really clear of any markings and they just seem so healthy.

I only have 400w (2x200) in the tent so it's been easier to keep the lights on temp a little cooler, which these two seem to enjoy. The temp spread between the lights on and lights off is easier to control as well. Overall I'm glad I decided to flower in the 4x4 this year, to the point where I may take down the 4x8 and replace it with a single 4x4. I wanted to scale down a bit for next year and that may be the answer. :nerd-with-glasses:

Gelato OG
IMG_6955.JPG

Old School up front
IMG_6956.JPG

Old School
IMG_6957.JPG

Gelato OG
IMG_6958.JPG

Gelato OG
IMG_6960.JPG

Old School
IMG_6961.JPG

Sunday 18-Feb
(5) 39 Days Since Flipping to 12/12 || 0 Days Since Watered || 8 Days since top-dressed
(2) 35 Days Since Flipping to 12/12 || 2 Days Since Watered || 6 Days since top-dressed

I watered the five ladies today with Cal/Mag, Silica, and Fulvic Acid. Combined they drank ~9 gallons. Overall they're looking good, though the GDP's are taco'ing a bit and I'm not sure if it's a Calcium deficiency or or they're suffering from too much light or heat. If it's lights or temps I'm not sure there's anything I can do, I moved that light up as high as it'd go about a week ago. I'm not really concerned, I'm sure they'll end up fine but it's worth noting for the journal.

You can see how much more uniform the GDP's grew after they were topped compared to the 8-Balls, but the 8-Balls are growing some sizeable side branches so I'm not going to complain! :yummy:

GDP with taco leaves
IMG_6962.JPG

GDP #2 w/little less taco
IMG_6963.JPG

Sirius Black
IMG_6964.JPG

8-Ball Kush
IMG_6965.JPG
IMG_6966.JPG
IMG_6967.JPG
IMG_6968.JPG

I lost my sense of smell a few years ago and can't really say. I can still taste things though and am looking forward to that! :yahoo:
Wow Im sorry to hear that. The taste is the best part anyway. I went to a dispensary here recently and got something that smelled so good and went to smoke and it taste like a$$ I was so disappointed. Taste is everything.

Friday 25-Feb
(5) 44 Days Since Flipping to 12/12 || 0 Days Since Watered || 13 Days since top-dressed
(2) 40 Days Since Flipping to 12/12 || 0 Days Since Watered || 11 Days since top-dressed

Life got in the way of my watering this week and I was a few days late on both tents but got them watered today with Cal/Mag. I had to attach a few more yo-yo's to a few of plants, basically everyone except the 8-Ball Kush has at least one attached now.

IMG_6969.JPG

IMG_6970.JPG

IMG_6971.JPG

IMG_6972.JPG

IMG_6973.JPG

Wednesday 02-Mar
(5) 49 Days Since Flipping to 12/12 || 2 Days Since Watered || 18 Days since top-dressed
(2) 45 Days Since Flipping to 12/12 || 0 Days Since Watered || 16 Days since top-dressed

I've been slacking on updating this journal a bit but have been busy tending to the plants. The 5 ladies in the 4x8 are all of a sudden really hurting and I'm hoping they hang on for a bit longer. I've watered them with the same additives as the 2 ladies in the 4x4, with the only difference I can think of being the environmentals. The 4x4 is a bit cooler and I've been able to keep night time temps closer to daytime.

Gelato OG in the 4x4
IMG_6974.JPG

Old School in the 4x4
IMG_6975.JPG

GDP
IMG_6976.JPG

GDP and Sirius Black
IMG_6977.JPG

8-Ball Kush's
IMG_6979.JPG
IMG_6980.JPG

IMG_6978.JPG