Mazar Afghan 10 and a 1/2 weeks flowering. Pics

BEAUTIFUL plants Woodsman. I wish I could grow outside. Yea I feel ya on that whole winter thing. I am ready for it to warm up a bit!:goodjob:

BEAUTIFUL plants Woodsman. I wish I could grow outside. Yea I feel ya on that whole winter thing. I am ready for it to warm up a bit!:goodjob:

Thanks for the compliment. Ya it's a lot easier to grow out side with less hassle. I wish I could find photos of my other grows (outside). I wonder if my wife knows something about those? She has no idea, she says.lol

Well I harvested a little off the plant just now. First harvest of the tops netted 20 grams dry. This batch was 20 grams wet (probably 5 grams dry). Still have probably about 15 grams dry left. Estimate of 45 grams total dry is much more than I expected. I thought maybe 3/4 ounce max. The bad thing is the potency. The first batch is well dried and curing, but is not potent enough for me. Not sure what went wrong. Any suggestions? Low wattage, not checking ph, cooler temps, or maybe these free seeds were not that good? Oh well maybe the later harvests will have higher potencies, we'll see.

Judging from some of your last grows, its probably just the genetics!

It did happen a few years ago on an outdoor bagseed grow. I had two plants, one was great (the smaller of the two unfortunately), the other was sh*t. The seeds were from many different purchases. I've never done the pH thing though. From what I've seen and read from all of you is that watching the pH is just part of the grow. I've tried searching for some info on this subject (potency or lack of) and all I find are articles/forums concerning the coloring of the trichs. No other reasons?

Nice to hear from you guys!

Hey Woodsman. Just a heads-up, our MA took a little while to get it's potency. We cut and dried ours and it took a good 2 - 3 weeks for it to really kick in. Now, it's like -whoa!- I can't believe we grew that!

The issues we came across were, the high is short-lived but hits you like a hammer. Like, knock you down for the 10 count, but it only lasts for an hour or two. I think this is because we cut it too early. Other than that, it's been great. We don't have a microscope to look at the tricomes with and just winged it for the cutting date.

Give it some time, I think you'll be pleased with the smoke. If not, they were free, right? :grinjoint:

Hey Woodsman. Just a heads-up, our MA took a little while to get it's potency. We cut and dried ours and it took a good 2 - 3 weeks for it to really kick in. Now, it's like -whoa!- I can't believe we grew that!

The issues we came across were, the high is short-lived but hits you like a hammer. Like, knock you down for the 10 count, but it only lasts for an hour or two. I think this is because we cut it too early. Other than that, it's been great. We don't have a microscope to look at the tricomes with and just winged it for the cutting date.

Give it some time, I think you'll be pleased with the smoke. If not, they were free, right? :grinjoint:

Thanks for the info MM, it gives me hope. Was yours real weak at the beginning or so-so. When I smoke the stuff now at about 10 days dry, it's kind of a weak buzz and as you say doesn't even last long. Reg street Mex is better than this right now. I'm worried mostly because as I am a serious everyday toker, I'm almost out of stuff from my Nov. 2008 outdoor harvest (few grams of shake and some roaches). Panic will set in soon if this stuff doesn't improve and I'm pretty much out of luck with other resources. AGH! The wife already says no to another indoor grow (NL ) and I haven't made up my mind whether to go to war with her on this.

In March, she's telling me that her Mom (visiting from the Philippines)may be staying with us for a little while. Even though the grow is in our bedroom, the smell will be obvious (I don't care). If I have to wait till April (indoor) or May for an outdoor grow that's July or Nov until I can reap the benefits. I'll die and shrivel up by then!

Hope your right about waiting a little longer for the MA to get better. Thanks bro.

Well last night I started working on the wife (first salvo in the war fired). What a relief to finally get it out! The frustration builds inside and it always feels good when you put your cards on the table. Explained to her that the NL does not smell as bad as the Mazar did (no idea, but who cares, right). The last crop was sub par and unless I start a grow soon, I will be 'out' of smoke and will not be so easy to live with (helps with the migraines and Arthritis). Also if her Mom were visiting, she would not be going into our bedroom (the room is upstairs in the loft and her mom is not young). Also, when she brought up her issue with the odor, I told her that her Mom would have no idea what it was from.
Well the good news is that I did not get any argument. This is a good sign. Not there yet, but if it stays like this, Ill be slipping the next grow in before she realizes it. So the score is one shot from me and silence from her.
Should be chopping the mazar within a day or two as it is drying out. I will not be regenerating it.
Plan is to propagate 5 NL seeds and hope for 3 ladies. That leaves 5 seeds left for the outside grow in April/May

Back
Top Bottom