MassGrows Takes On COB LEDs

Looking Good!

Do you usually run ppms that high?

Looking Good!

Do you usually run ppms that high?

Usually when I hit it with nutrients like I did the runoff is high but next watering will be RO and the runoff will be a lot lower. But yes my PPM is that high what do you think it should be around? I have a nutrient rich soil so thats another reason it could be high maybe?

Usually when I hit it with nutrients like I did the runoff is high but next watering will be RO and the runoff will be a lot lower. But yes my PPM is that high what do you think it should be around? I have a nutrient rich soil so thats another reason it could be high maybe?
Yea probably has something to do with it! I'm pretty new to growing myself, but I know there are people that don't break 800 ppm in flower :S personally I'm using a chart that calls for 1400 ppm at the top end and people rag on me for feeding so high lol

Not exactly sure what would be a good number but 1400 is as high as I would go based on what I know,might be worth getting some more input from the folks on here. That being said they do look really good and don't have problems that I can see so I'm not sure it's a problem anyways XD from what I've heard it just makes it way harder to adjust the plant when it's already at such a high ppm, and there's the tds(total dissolved solids aka salts) in the media which is what can cause some toxicity if left too long!

Whats good MG! shout out to all grassachusetts headz. I'm about to embark on my 2nd as well moving from a Mars Hydro so I'm excited with what these optic 4's can do! Happy with this company/light so far? I'll be doing 4 girls in a 5x5, thought about doing 2 Optic 6's but seems like overkill lol

Whats good MG! shout out to all grassachusetts headz. I'm about to embark on my 2nd as well moving from a Mars Hydro so I'm excited with what these optic 4's can do! Happy with this company/light so far? I'll be doing 4 girls in a 5x5, thought about doing 2 Optic 6's but seems like overkill lol

Whats up Snoogensz, these are lights are doing really good but won't know until I see how fat these buds get but overall node spacing was tight in veg, they are stacking very nicely in just Week 3. And yes 2 Optic 6s in a 5x5 is overkill. You might get away with one if you hang it 28-30" from the canopy.

Clones are getting their colors back fed them CalMag last night and they responded well. Came home to a new present on my front lawn yesterday. Unfortunately, Spectrum King sent me the wrong light! So I'll be using this one for the time being until my original light gets shipped next week. All clones are Pineapple Express, Blue Dream, Glueberry OG, didnt clone the Chemdog cause she was the runt of the litter.

420-magazine-mobile1332062314.jpg

MG, the girls look awesome as hell and I like the O4's or what I'm seeing from them so far!!!! Would one of the O4's light up a 32"x32"x63" tent? Or like a glove¿¿ cause I've had my . on them for a minute now, but can't make up my mind or make the decision between Optic 4 or perfect sun dwarf star....prices are neck and neck but I want just enough light to where it's pushing the limit on what could be plenty almost maybe a little much...decisions ....

MG, the girls look awesome as hell and I like the O4's or what I'm seeing from them so far!!!! Would one of the O4's light up a 32"x32"x63" tent? Or like a glove¿¿ cause I've had my . on them for a minute now, but can't make up my mind or make the decision between Optic 4 or perfect sun dwarf star....prices are neck and neck but I want just enough light to where it's pushing the limit on what could be plenty almost maybe a little much...decisions ....

Optic 4 will be more than enough light for that space. I had it Veg a 4x4 and it did Amazing.

Spectrum King sent me the 100 Watt Closet Case when I ordered the 150. They already sent me the correct light but Im impressed with the light output of this fixture especially it being only 100Watt!

420-magazine-mobile62908828.jpg

Spectrum King sent me the 100 Watt Closet Case when I ordered the 150. They already sent me the correct light but Im impressed with the light output of this fixture especially it being only 100Watt!

420-magazine-mobile62908828.jpg

What would be the comparison to the ps mini which is 125 Watts, which is what I have now

Yea probably has something to do with it! I'm pretty new to growing myself, but I know there are people that don't break 800 ppm in flower :S personally I'm using a chart that calls for 1400 ppm at the top end and people rag on me for feeding so high lol

Not exactly sure what would be a good number but 1400 is as high as I would go based on what I know,might be worth getting some more input from the folks on here. That being said they do look really good and don't have problems that I can see so I'm not sure it's a problem anyways XD from what I've heard it just makes it way harder to adjust the plant when it's already at such a high ppm, and there's the tds(total dissolved solids aka salts) in the media which is what can cause some toxicity if left too long!
Subbed...... nice work so far Mass!! Initial strech was great on those girls. Im also a scrogger and currently using HPS 1000watt. Id like to dabble in some LEDs , or try something new anyway. Heats usually not an issue, but....from a penny wise perspective (no pun intended cheesy puffs ), i think LEDs make sense these days.

I also run fox farm, calmag, molasses. Only thing i think i do different really is i have added fox farm supplements and flower dry nutrients (open sesame, beasty blooms, cha ching & micro brew, kangaroots, sludgehammer). Also use superthrive time to time in clone and dont yet have leds.

*cool to see someone running something similar. Ur setup is legit too. Nice work.

Also, on the discussion about ppm above. I think one of you is talking ppm of root zone in run off water... & other is talking ppm of solution being watered. 2 different. Even still, ive found 1400 to be quite high going in and usually would turn my aeropots white with salts (coming our of run off is obviously always higher in a premix soil or added mix soil)... but depending on your water schedule (NNW or WWN or WNWN), you could be ok.

Few weeks to go.

420-magazine-mobile275727673.jpg

420-magazine-mobile298219376.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1333688012.jpg
420-magazine-mobile215711501.jpg
420-magazine-mobile162845192.jpg

Subbed...... nice work so far Mass!! Initial strech was great on those girls. Im also a scrogger and currently using HPS 1000watt. Id like to dabble in some LEDs , or try something new anyway. Heats usually not an issue, but....from a penny wise perspective (no pun intended cheesy puffs .), i think LEDs make sense these days.

I also run fox farm, calmag, molasses. Only thing i think i do different really is i have added fox farm supplements and flower dry nutrients (open sesame, beasty blooms, cha ching & micro brew, kangaroots, sludgehammer). Also use superthrive time to time in clone and dont yet have leds.

*cool to see someone running something similar. Ur setup is legit too. Nice work.

Also, on the discussion about ppm above. I think one of you is talking ppm of root zone in run off water... & other is talking ppm of solution being watered. 2 different. Even still, ive found 1400 to be quite high going in and usually would turn my aeropots white with salts (coming our of run off is obviously always higher in a premix soil or added mix soil)... but depending on your water schedule (NNW or WWN or WNWN), you could be ok.

Few weeks to go.

420-magazine-mobile275727673.jpg

420-magazine-mobile298219376.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1333688012.jpg
420-magazine-mobile215711501.jpg
420-magazine-mobile162845192.jpg

Sick setup you got Mr NiceGuy, definitely similar to my last one. That SCROG is filled with chunky nugs, well done! In the near future I want to get involved with brewing my own tea as well as using those dry nutrients you do such as beasty blooms and cha ching. Do you notice a difference in the Flowers using those nutrients? Adding a 600 Watt HPS into the tent this weekend, I dont think the Blue Dream is getting enough light. So I went out to get a Eye Hortilux 600 Watt HPS bulb, ill only be running it on 50% until the last 2 weeks then Ill crank it up to.

420-magazine-mobile491733076.jpg

I got to be honest.... i havnt noticed a huge increase since adding the dry nutrient ff line.... it seems buds are more dense, but havnt had a noticable increase in overall output. May still need to work out kinks?!?. Another grow or so and i could say for sure.

What would be the comparison to the ps mini which is 125 Watts, which is what I have now

Not too familiar with the PS Mini but some Specs of the Spectrun King 140w would be it Vegs a 4x4, Flowers a 3x3, uses Passive Heatsinks for cooling no moving fans/parts, and 600 Par 12 inches away from canopy (recommended hanging height) definitely a bright light for only using 140 Watts. Lights up my whole 4x4 tent at 18" away.

You should see if you can keep the 100w so that people who are curious on your grow journal can see what it's about ;P free of charge of course .

You should see if you can keep the 100w so that people who are curious on your grow journal can see what it's about ;P free of charge of course .

Whats going on Strange the 100w is going to be similar to the 140w but just not as strong, less diodes, etc. And my man I paid $350 for the 140w the one they sent me is $250! Cant take an L like that.

Whats going on Strange the 100w is going to be similar to the 140w but just not as strong, less diodes, etc. And my man I paid $350 for the 140w the one they sent me is $250! Cant take an L like that.
Lol no doubt, I just meant they should comp a homie so you can show us the light ;P

Wish it was that easy XD

Day 22: Girls got Fed yesterday RO water only, PH'd to 6.7. Runoff on PPM was 2000 which answers my question from before. Due to the nutrient rich soil, my runoff will be high when I feed with nutrients. Everythings looking good so far just wish the Optic 1 put out some better PAR and Light but thats what you get with 54 Watts I guess right. Therefore, Ill be putting a 600 Watt HPS on the Blue Dream and both Optic 1s on the Chemdog. Im only going to run the ballast on 60% power to use up 360 Watts and crank it up the last 2 weeks. Some pictures for you guys.

You can see the Blue Dream (Front Left) theres only a nice stretch directly under the Optic 1 but ill fix that Monday.

420-magazine-mobile1499417609.jpg

Blue Dream (Front Left) Glueberry OG (Back Left)

420-magazine-mobile558196887.jpg

Pineapple Express (Front Right) Chemdog (Back Right)

420-magazine-mobile1123736577.jpg

PE

420-magazine-mobile326368009.jpg

BD

420-magazine-mobile2114606405.jpg

CD

420-magazine-mobile1623562702.jpg

GB

420-magazine-mobile212310072.jpg

Temps and RH are also Spot on but the HPS will change that hopefully can keep it under 80 Degrees. Ill use and Inline fan to cool the hood which will help.

420-magazine-mobile1369339663.jpg

Air Cooled Hood ill be Using

420-magazine-mobile1101185505.jpg

They look great, really filling that space in! All those buds forming have me all excited :3

Back
Top Bottom