Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Discussion

Has anyone tried DWC?šŸ¤”

šŸ“øShireSGardensļ¼ˆTwitterļ¼‰

Learn moreāž”ļøPremium Mars Hydro 5-Gallon DWC Hydroponic System Kit with 2 Buckets (8-inch each)

TW@ShireSGardens.jpg

IMG_7188.jpeg

IMG_7228.jpeg

My first set of grow lights I bought was Mars LED grow lights .
I thought I was buying 300 watt lights .
They were NOT. they were 135 watts instead. The advertisement was somewhat miss leading ..
IMO i feel i was ripped off
Of all the regrets I have of buying any grow equipment the Mars lighting is at the top of the list.
Mars lights might be ok now but the lights I got was crap. I spent 1000.00 on lights that do not produce tight hard nuggets ..
Because I felt i was mislead on those grow lights I refuse to ever buy another mars product for the rest of my life.

I started to buy and assemble my own lighting using HLG, LED quantum boards.
And now I am giving the mars lights away , But notice most the lights are not working right .. seems half the LED board in burnt out ...
The Mars lights I got are good for VEG but not flowering.

My cost to assemble a DIY grow light I am buying from HLG components ass in the quantum boards and the heat sinks.
The power supplier I buy from who ever has the best price on Meamwells brand of power supplier.

Cost is about 0.60 cents per watt ..

In one of my 4x8 grow tent i have mixed brand of LED lights grow lights.
Mars, about 50cents per actual watt,
LED Supply DIY assemble Cree/Cob boards with a Makers programmable controller.. very expensive at about 3,50 pew watt.
DIY HLG price per watt is 0.60 per watt

All the plants grow toward the HLG lights ..
I have all the components to go with HLG lighting in all 3 grow tents/rooms. The mars are the first to go ,, and the Cree/Cob Lights are going too.
Second pic is the Cree/Cob light I assembled .
3rd is a HLG light, 4th is a CRee/COB and a HLG
Last is a mix of mars ,cree/cob, and HLG .

20190606_123032.jpg

20190414_112820.jpg

20190424_082326.jpg

20190711_123658.jpg

20240518_182050.jpg
Hello,
What kind of lamp did you buy?
I will confirm for you whether we have misled you.

Give your plants a boost! šŸŒŸ

Adlite fill light allows plants to enjoy the care of the sun at any time, with all the light in place! āœØ

Check out the picture below to learn the secret of THE SECRET TO THRIVING PLANTS ADLITE SERIES! šŸ‘‡

Learn moreāž”ļøAdlite Supplemental LED Grow Lights | Mars Hydro

1728468260361.png

1728468273953.png

1728468337582.png

1728468373724.png

1728468353660.png

1728468391989.png

1728468401441.png

Hello,
What I want to ask is which Mars Hydro lamp did you buy and the wattage mismatch problem you mentioned occurred?
Your feedback is important to us and I will check it for you.
The Mars 300 watt blurples I bought 10 of them , Then a friend had also bought 2 I think they were 600 watts on the advertisement.
He gave me both of them to me ,,,
I had total 12 mars grow lights . at least 3 or 4 lights the LED board half of the boards don't work. I have been giving these lights away to new growers so they can use them as veg lights
This is a very pretty sore subject for me.. Very close to 1000.00$ waist of my money
Mars misrepresented the watt rating . They lied .. on the big print.300 watts equivalate too 300watt HPS, LOL in the small print or looking up the actual rating and at the wall the lights were actually 135 watts .

Because of them somewhat hiding the actual wattage its a done deal with me ever buying another mars product.

The Mars 300 watt blurples I bought 10 of them , Then a friend had also bought 2 I think they were 600 watts on the advertisement.
I had total 12 mars grow lights . at least 3 or 4 lights the LED board half of the boards don't work. I have been giving these lights away to new growers so they can use them as veg lights
This is a very pretty sore subject for me.. Very close to 1000.00$ waist of my money
Mars misrepresented the watt rating . They lied .. on the big print.300 watts equivalate too 300watt HPS, LOL in the small print or looking up the actual rating and at the wall the lights were actually 135 watts .

Because of them somewhat hiding the actual wattage its a done deal with me ever buying another mars product.
Hello,

Not sure which light you are talking about, just a small reminder:
Our power has input power and output power. INPUT refers to the maximum power supplied by the power supply board (for example, INPUT is 800W), and OUTPUT is the power output of the power supply to the light (730W). The power drive also consumes power and will consume 70W.

In addition, if your light has after-sales problems, you can contact our customer service to solve it for you. Send an email to: (solutions@mars-hydro.com)

Feel free to ask if you have any questions.

Best regards,
Mars Hydro

Hello,

Not sure which light you are talking about, just a small reminder:
Our power has input power and output power. INPUT refers to the maximum power supplied by the power supply board (for example, INPUT is 800W), and OUTPUT is the power output of the power supply to the light (730W). The power drive also consumes power and will consume 70W.

In addition, if your light has after-sales problems, you can contact our customer service to solve it for you. Send an email to: (solutions@mars-hydro.com)

Feel free to ask if you have any questions.

Best regards,
Mars Hydro
Are you for real ?
I will never buy another Mars lights or any other Mars product ever again .
Why would I want to deal with a company that I have issues with misleading advertisements AGAIN.
Mars burned me once and will never get another cent from me ever again .
I can deal with a companies, LIKE HLG that don't have lie about the wattage of their lights
Like I said this is a sore subject ,,, I want nothing to do with Mars products ... not now, not ever.
Two mars lights in this picture ,, and it looks to have some diodes not working in this photo .

20240109_130320.jpg

My diy HLG lights are 60 cents a watt, how much are the Mars lights cost per watt ?

Are you for real ?
Why would I want to deal with a company that I have issues with misleading advertisements AGAIN.
I can deal with a companies, LIKE HLG that don't have lie about the wattage of their lights
Like I said this is a sore subject ,,, I want nothing to do with Mars products ... not now, not ever.
Two mars lights in this picture ,, and it looks to have some diodes not working in this photo .

20240109_130320.jpg

My diy HLG lights are 60 cents a watt, how much are the Mars lights cost per watt ?
We apologize for this, but just want to remind you that these two lights are models from seven or eight years ago, and problems are inevitable.

Are you for real ?

20240109_130320.jpg

My diy HLG lights are 60 cents a watt, how much are the Mars lights cost per watt
I dont want to defend them but the light do Look Like they are a pretty old series! I have the ts600 (100w) and the fc-e1500 (150w) and they Work perfectly feeding my 2 Autos in flowers aswell as my smaller Autos and my big Photo! What Lights are those?

We apologize for this, but just want to remind you that these two lights are models from seven or eight years ago, and problems are inevitable.
I never took this issue up with you.. You asked me. I posted my trials and tribulations on my personally walk buying grow lights on this thread .
I never asked for a refund from you nor Mars ...

Its not my fault mars decided to make the advertisement on the box the grow light was in misleading, that is on them but it does mean I am not going back to get screwed twice .
Again not looking for anything from Mars ...

Have a great day .

...hehe...complaining about wattage misrepresentation during the blurple era of lighting, makes me smile...just about every manufacturer was guilty of the practice...so, the phrase...Caveat Emptor comes in to play...consumers have the ability to research and compare in today's markets, to make informed decisions...you didn't do your homework, and that's on you!...cheerz... :high-five: ...h00k...

Back
Top Bottom