Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Discussion

sam_202.JPG

Hello Everyone,

I'posted this a few pages back but got only one reply & that was concerning nuts, however I figured I would try again with a pic....lol

I'm new to this & after reaqding the thread & a couple others. I decided to set-up a 8 ft L x 6 ft W x 7ft 10in. Room with a 5 site RDWC system (1 site as the res) using 20 gallon containers each set 1ft 9in apart from each-other using 2 inch pvp pipe & a 800 Gph return pump. I also have 2-4' cylinder air stones in each pot powered by a 70 Lpm 8 site commercial air pump & a 40 Lpm air pump dedicated just to the res also running 2-4' cylinder air stone.

20150225_195755.jpg

I current only have 1-400w mh light & I very interested in getting a Mars ll to go along with it.

So my question is what light size Mars ll lights do you guys suggest I use?

:high-five:
Thanks for the input Hiker. I am going to have a scrog set up for sure. I Figure 12" pots, Screen 10" above that leaves about 26" to play with. I was also thinking reflector may be better but Sara says Mars II will be fine. Still trying to make up my mind. Any input is always
appreciated. Thanks again.
Peace.

Thanks Hiker, just came back to work today. Really had a long great holiday. :cheesygrinsmiley:
Have fun and enjoy your time off. You deserve it! Thanks for all you do to help your customers.

BTW, I really like that graphic you posted to show the fake lights. :thumb:
Thank you supergroomer, really had a great holiday. :circle-of-love:
Have a GREAT holiday and we will see you when you get back!!!:thumb:

Thanks Antics, I am sure you will get better result in the future. Grow happy. :circle-of-love:
Hey everyone!

I've been seeing a few topics pop up where people blame their LED panel for problems their plant has, and I just wanted to show you all that it is absolutely 100% not the light causing problems.

I started a plant under my Mars Hydro Old Model 100x3. A short time later, the plant started having problems, so I planted a second strain. While I was trying to figure out the plants problems, the first plant ended up dying. I tried adjusting the light, even moving as high as 36"/90cm height.. nothing would work. Then my second plant started showing the same problems...

It turns out, I had a bad PH meter that was causing me to lower my PH too much, which caused tons of problems, lockout, deficiencies, and a huge headache.
:high-five: It is OK, we grow and we learn, I am sure you will grow much better in the future. :circle-of-love:
This is my Strawberry Blue that I'm growing now. I have had it under the Mars Hydro panel since it was a seedling, and all while it was sick.

This is when my Strawberry Blue was sick..

IMG_20150122_074929_555.jpg

I kept her under the LED panel from Mars Hydro, and this is how she's doing today (3 weeks later):

IMG_20150213_122330_520.jpg

When someone says it's not the light causing the problem, they're right. My light hasn't changed. I went through every aspect of my grow to find the problem, and now I have a happy plant.

Hello hod928, you can go with our 48x3w light. :high-five:
What Mars Hydro do you recommend for a 2'x2' Micro grow box?
Thanks supergrooner:circle-of-love:
How much height do you have?
Do you use the light for veg or flower? If it is for veg, then the hight is a little small.
Thanks Antics:Namaste:
You'll probably need a taller cabinet. In Veg, the distance between the light and canopy should be around 18"-24". That doesn't include height of the container.

Hope you're holiday was restful! Can those of us waiting on shipments in the US expect our lights anytime soon (realistically). I ordered 2-8 and was told 7 days after contacting. I'm really curious just to know if I need to grab a replacement for the time being for my little gals. Thanks!

Hello Nano, you can grow if you want, I am sure here are many nice people can give you plenty advices on the growing. :circle-of-love:
I wanna grow some cannabis tooooooo :(

We have warehouse in Canada, if there is enough stock, we will ship them directly from our warehosue. BUT if the light is out of stock, we may send the items from China. :circle-of-love:
Hello, I have a question about ordering from you through Ebay.

In the ad for the MARS II 400w it says you have stock available in Canada and so there won't be duty on delivery. I sent an email in through Ebay and the person who responded confirmed that it would be shipped to me from within Canada if I order from the store. But when I try to place an order the shipping option says "international" and the item location says "San Leandro, California, United States." Is this correct, or will it change once I actually place the order?

edit: If they're on vacation... anyone else had this issue?

Hello Chipper68, the invisible lights are our IR lights, please do not worry. :circle-of-love:
I received the Mars today, pretty quick!

Anyhoo... upon opening box, I noticed a couple LEDs or so weren't working, there may be more not working but it's pretty bright.

Sent them an email, but I realized, in reading this thread that *help* may not be around for a week or so..

Don't think there is IR in this light, and camera on droid phones picks up IR anyway...

Any thoughts? I'd assume Ok to use as is or until replaced or ....
Thanks Evo-Rat-93 :thanks:
The Mars II 400 does use IR diodes:peace:
Three total on the Mars 2 900 that could be IR then... my droid camera doesn't pick up like light on my remote..

How do you confirm?

Mars_LED.jpg
We have 4 IR light on our 900w lights :high-five:

Not sure how many IR in the 900 , atleast 2 I would think.:cool:
Thanks nobodyuknow:high-five:
I have a 900 watter, and yes those are the IR, and there are 4 of them total :thumb:
:high-five:
I think you're right! I turned it back on and found 4 lights that are hard to see, but make out a square pattern, seems to be intentional.

Thanks for the help!
:cheesygrinsmiley:
When I got mine the first time I thought the same thing too :laughtwo:

Yes, you can imagine the quality of the light, it can catch on fire easily. :Namaste:
I bought one of these and sent it back and ordered a Mars II 900 instead. It scared me when I opened it and there were no heat sinks.

Thanks K0cept, always love your picture. Biggie havest. :thumb:
Order directly from Sara, do not order from Ebay.. I think they just went on Holiday, but you will get a better deal here as well as warranty..

I Love my Mars Lights so far!
20150213_151417.jpg

20150212_223234.jpg

:circle-of-love:
I agree, I shouldve just got the Mars II to begin with, but I was trying to get out of my comfort zone and shake things up a little bit :loopy:

I should've just looked in the cabinet and that was all the proof I needed!

100_18204.JPG

100_18213.JPG

Back
Top Bottom