Maine 4-Season Greenhouse Grow

I take one of my draft horses in to old folks homes and they explode with many memories of their lives.
I learned to tell the staff Not to pass out baby carrots to feed the horse though.
That was a tense moments for awhile. :eek:
Enjoy your visit with the older kids, it's well worth it.

New method I am trying this year: I vacuum-packed the 1/2 gallon mason jar with a loose lid... the mason jar just slides into the smaller size bag and, with the screw top gently on and lid turned upside down to allow air to escape, I then vacu-packed it.

Highya BH,

Wow, that is so cool! Great idea for the long haul! Cheers

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours, BH. Hope you have a great day visiting with family! Cheers

Happy belated Thanksgiving Blew. Hope you and the family had a great holiday!
Thanks. It was super chill...we swore to keep it simple 20 years ago after being subjugated to our collective childhood traumas of "Thanksgiving Day"....cramming a bunch of dysfunctional siblings (and their spouses) into an enclosed space and pretending it was anything but torture for all.

Hey btw is there a temp the worm bin needs to be at? What temps do they start to die at?
I had a bath tub full years ago in a small greenhouse and forgot about them for a little bit and cooked all but 6 !!! Started over with them in an ice cream bucket and soon had 5 laundry tubs full - used them in my soil this year - then found about 10 or so when I was moving dirt so I'm starting over again - bring on the drain flies!!!
Heck, I was nowhere close to the end!!!! - this thread is a GOLD MINE!! :thumb:

Agreed...just because the breeders says the strain has a high mold resistance shouldn't be confused with won't get rot. I used some of the AG fungicide, but pretty haphazard with no real plan. Overall I am pleased with all the Mandala strains and will definitely be running them again. I still have 2x Satoris (which just turned purple in the last few days) and 1x Blueberry and 1x ATF from @Van Stank. I crammed all of this latest harvest into my home root cellar which has 65F/65%RH...ideal but a cramped space and my house currently smells like a skunk died in a pile of diesel drenched horseshit :rofl:

Congrats on your harvests - looks like you did very well this year. Having issues where to dry and fitting them in is a good problem to have I'm thinking.

Glad to hear your bud rot was much less than last year. I'm sure weather is a big factor.

We had a wet humid fall season again this year. I had PM issues. Maybe the slightly cooler temps made it worse.

Congrats on your harvests - looks like you did very well this year. Having issues where to dry and fitting them in is a good problem to have I'm thinking. Glad to hear your bud rot was much less than last year.
Yes, very pleased overall this season...still made a few slips but that's all part of the curve. Loving the 3.5 gallon buckets...currently everything is curing in their own bucket on the shelf which is super convenient for me. Thanks for the tip on Mandala....all of their strain were a pleasure (as was the staff when I had some questions).

We had a wet humid fall season again this year. I had PM issues. Maybe the slightly cooler temps made it worse.
Bummer :confused:

Just wondering if I missed it. Did ya have any impression of the Mandela #1 ? Good for medication? just wondering how it turned out, it has always been on my radar. I figure if a breeder puts the name of the company on a line it must be pretty good.
Still curing but will know around Christmas after I dispense gift baskets....wish I could give you first hand but I don't really partake...some day when I have the time :cheesygrinsmiley:

....wish I could give you first hand but I don't really partake...some day when I have the time :cheesygrinsmiley:

Whats this time thing you speak of?? lol

You don't puff??

Glad the Mandala gear worked out for you. I know they grow for mold resistance but we've been getting more rain here on the EC that out their way last several years. Lots of folks dont realize that. They had an early fall too this year.

Those cooler temps with the moisture can be tough to grow in.

Depend on change - next year will be different too! All good tho.

I'll be wetting my feet in some outdoor next year. Be real nice to have a hoop house and grow veggies in it and a few cannabis plants in the corner. We will see how it goes. Rather have a bigger tractor than a hoop house but all it good time.

Whats this time thing you speak of?? lol. You don't puff??
Well, the good news is I get the necessary amount of sleep! I am up at 6 and in bed usually by 9, and moving all day in between...if I go to bed baked I have crazy dreams and I don't get shit done in the day if I am baked, so it is a rare occasion for me to partake.

You don't puff??I know they grow for mold resistance but we've been getting more rain here on the EC that out their way last several years. Lots of folks dont realize that. They had an early fall too this year.
Did not know that...I do know that we had many heavy rain periods where I was scratching my head wondering how plants without cover were doing...

Those cooler temps with the moisture can be tough to grow in. Depend on change - next year will be different too! All good tho. I'll be wetting my feet in some outdoor next year.
The weather was pretty optimum for me this year.

Be real nice to have a hoop house and grow veggies in it and a few cannabis plants in the corner. We will see how it goes. Rather have a bigger tractor than a hoop house but all it good time.
It's good to have a wish list :)

Back
Top Bottom