Lion n' Witch Garden

i wish i could flux outside, my yard is about 20' below a main road so that would be terrible ha. some day i plan to grow out doors.. ive heard you can get up to 32 colas outdoors if you start training her on the inside during winter and put out during summer to finish off. have you heard of that? im aiming fo 16 colas on my main grape ape, i didnt go about the training the way i was wanting to exactly so now im just training her as i see fit. that harlequin clone i posted about a few days ago will be a crazy trained plant the way its clone has sprouted.

I&i

which link is your grow journal?

i want to take this quick second to thank 420mag mods for saving the above picture, uploading to their site, and posting it in my thread for me.

i just got the email about out of site links that are not sponsors and was going to do this myself but you guys are truly the best mods i have ever seen on any website and i use to help create sites. very nice team work here.

I&i

The hubbing looks great so far GFC! :Namaste:
How long are you gonna wait to flower?

well my current flower room will be done around the 27th. 27th is one of my two days off in the next two weeks so that is the day i will be moving plants around and re setting up each grow area with the new gear ive got waiting.

the plan is right now,
im going to move all the plants in my grow tent into my 10x12 room and will set it up for veg.
my mothers have gotten rather big and they need a bigger space now.

my tent that is 5x5x8 will be flowering my sour tsunami and harlequin that are both hubbed. mainly because were running low at the shop and i need more cbd strains as im the only member growing cbd strains. so i will have them on veg cycle for a couple weeks under led and then switch to flower cycle just so they can fill out a little more.

after those have harvested my grape ape should be where im wanting her to be and i will harvest her

so im guessing the grape ape is still 3 months out from flower. 2 on the short end. im expecting to have to move the ladys from my grow room back to my grow tent after harlequin and s tsnuami harvest because my grape ape will be so mammoth that it wont fit through the door. THATS THE PLAN. we shall see.

I&i

1405196799413.jpg
Love the fluxing!! McFly. Definitely reminds me of the old delorian!!

This is how I keep my tops the same right now o would love some advice.

GF, I could use some advice on winterizing. Right now I blast into 190 ethenol, deep freeze and strain.

I still feel like I'm getting nasties, vacs not gonna happen any time soon any help would be much obliged.

Also check put my journal. Just having fun

i will pm you about the questions on winterizing as this is my grow journal not exactly the place i want to have this discussion. my extract thread is in my signature.

when it comes to training your plant its all on your plants grow pattern. one thing i do the same everytime is when the plant reaches 6" or taller and has 4-6 node points i will cut the plant down to its 3-4 node point and let the plants branches grow out a little if they are to small to be trained yet. once the two main branches now are a few inchs or longer you will want to tie down with whatever you can think of that is not thin that will cut your plant. looking at my pictures in my journal you should be able to see what i am talking about, i have tried to take pictures every 4 - 7 days so fellow growers can watch the training.

once the two main branches are tied down, this is where its all up to you and your plant. i have trimmed all the lower branches off my two main trunks and have saved the one main branch on each trunk, that branch has been zip tied down and has been trained to fill the canopy sides.

after i trimmed the lower branches, i cut the tops of the two main trunks about 6 nodes up, taking the two main branches from below the cut mark and pulled those down with green garden ties, so as of right now my grape ape should have 4 main colas, and 2 smaller colas. i plan on getting up to 16 colas so a total of 3 cuttings.

after this 3rd cutting, once i cut the 4 main branches now. these each will put out 2 main colas from each of their branch. making a total of 16. now you trim off all the lower branches slowly through the entire process so you dont cause to much stress but at the same time your removing the unwanted C nug branch material. They also make for good clones so i usually try to time the trimming to when i need to make clones.

Left over leafs, rinse them off. blend them into a juice and drink it. believe it can be stored in a fridge for up to 10 days.

I&i

that means a ton coming from you LA!

@ grimmreefer Light Addict is a very good grower and flux trainer. i recommend you to check out his flux grow that is in his signature. you wont be disappointing. his is completed unlike mine as of now.

I&i

she will be going up on the 27th, she sits outside my tent right now.

not wanting to start half way through a grow so im finishing my flower and then starting in veg with the mars 2. its killing me that its not up but i dont see why hanging it half way through flower.

I&i

Thats true. I was going to go with the mars II or the reflector series. Wasn't sure yet. I like how the reflector series has the veg/flower spectrum included with a flip of a a switch and the (smaller watt) mars II only comes in one spectrum but its 5W led compared to the 3W reflector. price difference isnt major which is what keeps me torn.

the 1600 has both switches for both spectrums.

CoFinest has a mars 2 1600 up and running right now if you can find his journal its one worth sitting in and watching.

I&i

Does this pic show them?

20140630_222010.jpg

yup, there they are, hope this helps.

Damn that 1600 is a beauty for sure! :thumb: Thanks for the visual! COFinest has some great grows and awesome tips like a lot of the guys on here. One of the reasons I decided to go with one of those 2 options. I was going to get two of the smaller 400 watt mars II because my grow space is only about 3'x5'. If I had the room for a 5x5 I would hands down buy the 1600.

Update : cloner has just came in.

tonight i will be doing some clippings, and either today or tomorrow im giving a friend that just started growing one of my grape apes and one of my nycd for him to start off flowering with. so looking forward to getting room in the tent and 10 days till i clean up and set up new areas! excited much?!?!

I&i

Small Update.

Some Pruning and moving as well as a little sand added. ran out of washed white sand so i had to use some washed gray sand. going to get more white sand just for the look appeal.

my tropical oasis.

20140720_235614.jpg

20140720_232618.jpg

ive taken 20 clones from the veg room, flower room seems like its going to be longer then the 6-8 week planned flower time. not seing one amber tric and about 10% of hairs have turned red so still a ways out.

20140719_000209.jpg

20140719_000447.jpg

Day : 51

pgsc is known for not being a heavy yielder but averaging around 15-20% thc.
however the cbd is low
I&i

I visited your extract page and then saw you had this thread going. It peaked my interest, as I had never heard of hubbing before and I am super interested in the high CBD strains for my chronic pain. I have visited journals by Light Addict, trichomes and tadlawid who flux, but this doesn't look like the same to me, even though you said you were going to start calling it fluxing. I am sooooo confused now :( Whatever this is, it really does look interesting, so I would like to stick around if you don't mind.

im sorry to confuse, im rather new to all the terms online..

so after looking a little bit, i will look into this more tomorrow.

from what i understand is Fluxing is just taking the top of the plant off and letting it grow in its Y shape.

only thing i do different, is keep toping those mains. so after its grown out i top those two mains on the Y then ill top those. and can keep going.

reason i call it hubbing is because your creating a Hub for the nutes to be delivered equally or close to equally to each branch.

i will touch on this more tomorrow, its the end of my shop day and going to garden now.

needing to study up on Fluxing, ive always read up on the old term for that word that we dare not mention.

I&i

Back
Top Bottom