Legal & Laid-Back in Colorado - Indoor Soil Grow With CFLs

re: Legal & Laid-Back in Colorado - Indoor Soil Grow With CFLs

Second grow has begun! I'm doing things a bit differently this time. I've planted directly into six inch pots. I hope to grow them up and replant directly into the big 5-gallon pots. So there will only be one re-potting instead of five as I did last time. It makes watering a little trickier, but I think I can handle that.

Hope to make some seeds this time, or at least collect some pollen. I'll ask lots of questions about that.

2013-Oct-start.jpg

I'll post again once they've sprouted.

Little plants are growing very fast. This is a very rich soil mixture, since I used some of the compost from the last grow (where I had two plants that were male and sacrificed early). So the compost had been receiving organic fertilizer regularly.

Here's both plants together.

2013-15-days.jpg

Plant One:

2013-15-days-One.jpg

And Plant Two:

2013-15-days-Two.jpg

Starting them right in the six-inch pots has worked out fine. I haven't noticed any problems with the soil drying out at the edges, or getting waterlogged in any way.

Looking at my notes from the last grow, I started training between eight to ten inches tall, at about 40 days in. These may hit that point earlier. We shall see!

So, it's been 28 days since I planted the seeds. I am thrilled with how well these two are growing.

In this pic, Plant Two is on the left and Plant One on the right, opposite of last time.

Grow2-28days.jpg

Plant One:

Grow2-28days-P1.jpg

And Plant Two:

Grow2-28days-P2.jpg

And here are a bunch of side shoots springing up on Plant One:

Grow2-28days-P1-shoots.jpg

There are side shoots on both of them already. I have done no training yet. They're filling the six-inch pots too. So this week's task is to move them to the five-gallon pots and start tying the tops down. I've already begun adding fertilizer to the water (BioThrive Grow at this point).

:thumb:

These are from the same packet of Aurora Indica seeds I used for the last grow, but it's striking how much more these two plants look like actual Indica plants. The three last time had longer, skinny sativa-like leaves. It will be interesting to see what crop I get from them (want some pollen/seeds though, so that will change things too).

Hey folks. I haven't checked in for a while because there wasn't much to say. Plants have been growing beautifully, no sign of fungus gnats, no deficiencies, no diseases.

I have now finished my last round of stem training. I'm going to let the tips reorient for a week or so, maybe trim some more of the fan leaves, then shift to 12/12 and find out whether they're male or female. Either or both is fine, since I want to collect some pollen/seeds this time.

2013-55days-lights.jpg

I'll bring more pics once flowering starts.

We got a vaporizer by the way, and I highly recommend them for easing the strain on your lungs. Makes a huge difference for us.

Hello! On this official first day of legal retail sales here in Colorado, I wanted to update you on my home grow.

Both plants turned out to be female, so there will be no pollen collection this time. I'm happy to let them grow and gather the buds once mature.

2014-Second-buds.jpg

2014-First-buds.jpg

Both plants are covered in small buds. I'm seeing a lot more stretch this time, and am about to lower the shelf again to accommodate it. Need to trim some fan leaves this week too.

This is 79 days since I planted the seed, and about 18 days in 12/12. Plants are very happy, and no return of the fungus gnats so far.

After these are done, I need to hold the shelves for my spring garden seedlings, so probably won't start another cannabis crop till June or July once the tomatoes are out in the garden. Juggling the babies last spring was too much!

It's a very happy day here in Colorado, and I hope fervently that we all see legal weed everywhere, soon.

I had good results with my last grow using only 84 more watts for 5 plants. Keep it up man your coming along great. My next grow will be in a space similar to yours so I'm rooting for you.

Thanks for the encouragement, everyone.

I grew one crop in this setup, which you can see at the beginning of the thread. Three plants, two were male, so I matured one female and the amount of light seemed just fine. With these two plants and the tight horizontal space, I have to keep their buds as level as I can. This is the kind of situation where an actual screen could come in handy, but I'm too lazy for that :blushsmile:

Anyway, go COLORADO! Green Wednesday went without a hitch. And now it's just another thing, buy some weed, buy some beer, no one cares as long as you don't cause trouble. I love it.

Anyway, go COLORADO! Green Wednesday went without a hitch. And now it's just another thing, buy some weed, buy some beer, no one cares as long as you don't cause trouble. I love it.
Yippee! Progress!:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Reporting in from Colorado again. You all will be happy to hear that the state remains very calm and reasonable in the face of retail marijuana sales. The only difference you might notice is that no one is being arrested for marijuana possession any more.

:thumb: :goodjob:

Go Colorado!

My own little grow is doing fine. The buds continue to fatten up and the first trichomes are showing. Some pics for you.

Overall view of two plants.

g2-96-days-all.jpg

Close-up of the left side.

96-days-left.jpg

Close-up of a bud.

G2-96-days-bud.jpg

Both girls are looking good. I figure we're still a month and a half at least until they're mature, but we shall see. Looking at those pics again I can see that I should trim some more of the fan leaves. They're shading a lot lower down.

Happy toking, my friends.

Reporting in from Colorado again. You all will be happy to hear that the state remains very calm and reasonable in the face of retail marijuana sales. The only difference you might notice is that no one is being arrested for marijuana possession any more.

:thumb: :goodjob:

Go Colorado!

My own little grow is doing fine. The buds continue to fatten up and the first trichomes are showing. Some pics for you.

Overall view of two plants.

g2-96-days-all.jpg

Close-up of the left side.

96-days-left.jpg

Close-up of a bud.

G2-96-days-bud.jpg

Both girls are looking good. I figure we're still a month and a half at least until they're mature, but we shall see. Looking at those pics again I can see that I should trim some more of the fan leaves. They're shading a lot lower down.

Happy toking, my friends.

Hi there,

I have some Denver questions if you can answer. I am looking for recommendations on pot stores and one that is close to 1800 E 21st Ave, Denver. Any help would be appreciated. You are so lucky to be there!

Thanks !
:peace:

Hey, MsBadger, and welcome! I have not yet visited any shops myself, but check out the map from the Denver Post's Cannabist site. It shows a map of currently legal retail shops. I know there will be more over time, but hopefully you can find something near you there.

Thanks ! You live in such an awesome state. We love the never summer mountains, Marble, Denver, well just the whole great state !!!:thanks:

Back
Top Bottom