KingJohnC's Brainstorm Haze Soil Indoor Grow Journal

Flower Day 64

The Brainstorm Haze were watered with a nutrient mixture consisting of 5 millilitres per gallon of Flora Gro, 7 millilitres per gallon of Flora Micro, 15 millilitres per gallon of Flora Bloom, 5 millilitres per gallon of Liquid KoolBloom and 5 millilitres per gallon of calcium and magnesium.

Hey KJC, how do you take those trich pictures? If you've already written it out, do you have it bookmarked perhaps? Cool shots! :thumb:

You could try either telephoning around your area to some of the larger big box stores, home improvement/construction stores and crafting stores in your area or doing a internet search for your local area+Fiskars.

I got mine on amazon for 10.99, and free shipping with a 35 dollar order.

Those are THE trimming scissors. I have 3 pair. :)

FYI, they can be bought at W@ll-Mart in the sewing area AND stationary. Fiskars appears to see the exact same scissors in 2 SKU's. One has a little tip protector in the package. Other than that, I could not discern any difference. I forget which was cheaper, but there was a small price difference as well.

I'll have to get one of those. :thumb:

Flower Day 65

KingJohnC_s_and_Labexperiment_s_Brainstorm_Haze_2014-03-12_-_001.JPG

KingJohnC_s_and_Labexperiment_s_Brainstorm_Haze_2014-03-12_-_002.JPG

KingJohnC_s_and_Labexperiment_s_Brainstorm_Haze_2014-03-12_-_003.JPG

KingJohnC_s_and_Labexperiment_s_Brainstorm_Haze_2014-03-12_-_004.JPG

KingJohnC_s_and_Labexperiment_s_Brainstorm_Haze_2014-03-12_-_005.JPG

KingJohnC_s_and_Labexperiment_s_Brainstorm_Haze_2014-03-12_-_006.JPG

KingJohnC_s_and_Labexperiment_s_Brainstorm_Haze_2014-03-12_-_007.JPG

KingJohnC_s_and_Labexperiment_s_Brainstorm_Haze_2014-03-12_-_008.JPG

KingJohnC_s_and_Labexperiment_s_Brainstorm_Haze_2014-03-12_-_009.JPG

KingJohnC_s_and_Labexperiment_s_Brainstorm_Haze_2014-03-12_-_010.JPG

KingJohnC_s_and_Labexperiment_s_Brainstorm_Haze_2014-03-12_-_011.JPG

KingJohnC_s_and_Labexperiment_s_Brainstorm_Haze_2014-03-12_-_012.JPG

KingJohnC_s_and_Labexperiment_s_Brainstorm_Haze_2014-03-12_-_013.JPG

KingJohnC_s_and_Labexperiment_s_Brainstorm_Haze_2014-03-12_-_014.JPG

KingJohnC_s_and_Labexperiment_s_Brainstorm_Haze_2014-03-12_-_015.JPG

KingJohnC_s_and_Labexperiment_s_Brainstorm_Haze_2014-03-12_-_016.JPG

KingJohnC_s_and_Labexperiment_s_Brainstorm_Haze_2014-03-12_-_017.JPG

KingJohnC_s_and_Labexperiment_s_Brainstorm_Haze_2014-03-12_-_018.JPG

KingJohnC_s_and_Labexperiment_s_Brainstorm_Haze_2014-03-12_-_019.JPG

KingJohnC_s_and_Labexperiment_s_Brainstorm_Haze_2014-03-12_-_020.JPG

KingJohnC_s_and_Labexperiment_s_Brainstorm_Haze_2014-03-12_-_021.JPG

Nice update :cheesygrinsmiley:

I use disposable vinyl gloves and when I harvest a plant I start by cutting the branches off 1 by 1. I take the branch and first strip off all the fan leaves. I then use a pair of Fiskars Micro Tip Pruning scissors and trim all the sugar leaves flush with the bud. I then take the trimmed branches and place them in my drying rack to dry for 5-7 days or until the buds just break off the stems. I then trim off the buds from the stems and place the buds into storage containers. I take the buds out of the storage containers and place into a large bowl for 10 minutes per day for 10 days.

My drying rack

dry_fast_cactus.jpg

Fiskars Softouch Micro-Tip Pruning Snip recommended by the arthritis society, They come with a lifetime replacement warranty. One of the handles broke on my last pair, I used the warranty claim on the website and Fiskars replaced them at no cost.

https://www2.fiskars.com Softouch Micro Tip Pruning Snip

drying racks

2' Dry Rack w/ Zipper Openings - perfectgardens

https://www.accesshydroponic.com 2' hanging dry net-without clips

https://www.accesshydroponic.com 2' dry rack w zipper openings

Hey KingJohnc,
Do you flip the buds over while they are in your drying rack for 5-7 days? Or are they good? I will be harvesting in a few weeks just trying to find out what the experts do. ;) Thank you.
:Namaste:

Hey KingJohnc,
Do you flip the buds over while they are in your drying rack for 5-7 days? Or are they good? I will be harvesting in a few weeks just trying to find out what the experts do. ;) Thank you.

I do not flip the buds when they are in the drying rack. With the mesh sides and bottom the buds have access to fresh air to remove the humidity when drying in the drying rack.

Hey KingJohnc,

I have used the same drying rack, you do not have to flip, but some of the bigger buds had a 'flat' side that they where sitting on. Could hardly tell though after in jars for a week or two.

KJC, plants are looking good, looking like that is one of those 'leafy' strains that may make trimming a bit more time consuming.

forgive my lack of tact, but i guess there are seeded calyxes.. i guess my eyes were right. beware of the mom/dad that did this and got away with it but i'm sure you will find out which when you're trimming the finishe product. banana's suck...
KingJohnC_s_and_Labexperiment_s_Brainstorm_Haze_2014-03-12_-_008.JPG

still looking real good though

i'm surprised these girls are still spitting out new calyxes and packing on weight. 70 days may just end up being the sweet spot after all. Mine all took under 12 weeks except a very sati dom girl with very high calyx/leaf ratio.

Is that a seed on the very top or no?

if thai genetics weren't so damn amazing as far as effects go, growing them would be a detriment (easy to stress, long flowering times, high rate of hermaphroditism). which is why i prefer indica/sativa hybrids as most of the positive quirks of landraces/pure sativas are kept and the negative traits are selected against. at least in practice that's what breeders are supposed to do.

Back
Top Bottom