Kassquatch's First Time Early Miss Auto Fem Full Outdoor In Planter - May 2018

Day 23: June 5th 2018

• Morning Report: Looking a little better, other than noticing that the withered leaves have turned hard brown. First 3 pictures taken at 10:50am
  • Evening Report: Took some more readings. Wetness is still mid-high (6-7 on scale) 6" and lower, above it is mid wetness as shown (between 3-5). pH is creeping up past 7 close to 8 being more basic than acidic. Will check again tomorrow to verify and possibly rectify if needed. She is starting to look a (very very) little less wimpy and has more growing out the top. Last 4 pictures taken at 8:00pm

Yesterdays (Day 22) daily total sunlight: ~15 hours
Yesterdays (Day 22) Average daytime temp: 16.5°C
Yesterdays (Day 22-23) Average nighttime temp: 11°C
Yesterdays (Day 22) Average daytime relative humidity: ~46%
Yesterdays (Day 22-23) Average nighttime relative humidity: ~70%

morning mr.K, I don't know what to offer as your girls a funny 1, you ticking all the boxes.
She's big enough to leave the bottle off, overwatering which has been mentioned, she's outside so not sure. From stem move outwards in bout 2-4 inch circumference and water around the stem in that radius as she needs to build a firm root base first which will establish your base.. I tend to focus too much on watering on the immediate stem area and that can lead to imbalances in the plants life as you are finding out... That's what I do/learnt on here other than that I'm still learning....lol

Thanks for the input! I've still left the bottle on because of the rain lately and to keep humidity a little higher (for some reason when it rains here, humidity can drop lower than no rain) but I will remove it since it is under the plastic shield now. But as of this morning, she is starting to perk up more. Report with pictures will come later.

Still havent watered now for like 5 days. so I might look into drilling some holes in the side of the container for airflow, but its a big container and from what I have read, holds water more because of size etc and takes longer to dry out. Will probably water very very lightly tomorrow or late tonight.

Day 24: June 6th 2018

• Morning Report: Starting to become perky again. Still haven't watered in 5 days which definitely means I over-watered. First 2 pictures taken at 9:50am
  • Evening Report: Drilled some holes in each of the sides of the bucket. 2 on each side. I forgot to take pictures but tomorrow I will add them. Shes getting perkier still, though the bad leaves are dying more it looks like. Turning crispy. She just looks sad :( Took samples of wetness at 1", 5" and 8" deep. Same with pH. As you can see, the wetness is dry, good, and wet respectively. pH is getting a little closer to 7.5 it seems but its not really accurate being a dial. I may have to do something about that. From some quick research alkaline soil also does browning so it could also be that. Also may look into mixing in some sand next time to help with drainage. Who knows. Last 8 pictures taken at 8:00pm

Yesterdays (Day 22) daily total sunlight: ~15 hours
Yesterdays (Day 22) Average daytime temp: 14.5°C
Yesterdays (Day 22-23) Average nighttime temp: 11.5°C
Yesterdays (Day 22) Average daytime relative humidity: ~64%
Yesterdays (Day 22-23) Average nighttime relative humidity: ~83%

I havent watered in over 5 days now. I do believe the problems are from overwatering at the start. Top 1 inch is dry. 4" down is in the 'green' and really, anything lower than that, the roots arent at yet. But because she is becoming perkier, I do think it was over watering

Drill that pot if ya can... swiss cheese! Let that soil breathe. I'd stick with small 1L localized waterings, I do a ring about 4" around the main stem so it will search out for it opposed to watering right at the plant base. My young girls get a watering like that 1-2 times a week until they get bigger.

Hope this helped!
-P :ganjamon:

Day 25: June 7th 2018

• Morning Report: Shes back up to 3" tall. starting to look up again. Attached are the holes that I drilled also. First 2 pictures taken at 10:20am
  • Evening Report: Much better looking now, other than all the dead leaves. Shes perky, above 3" tall again, and firm. I added some bigger holes to the sides also. Last 5 pictures taken at 8:30pm

Yesterdays (Day 24) daily total sunlight: ~15 hours
Yesterdays (Day 24) Average daytime temp: 17°C
Yesterdays (Day 24-25) Average nighttime temp: 14°C
Yesterdays (Day 24) Average daytime relative humidity: ~64%
Yesterdays (Day 24-25) Average nighttime relative humidity: ~75%

Day 26: June 8th 2018

• Morning Report: After pruning she looks healthier! Stalk is much more straighter and hoping all the beginners failings are gone and we can grow! Watered this morning a bit, well under 1L like was suggested because I didn't want to over water again. Kept away from the roots to let the grow as shown in the last picture. Still under the plastic roof since more rain is on the way. 3 pictures taken at 9:45am

Yesterdays (Day 25) daily total sunlight: ~15 hours
Yesterdays (Day 25) Average daytime temp: 15.5°C
Yesterdays (Day 25-26) Average nighttime temp: 13°C
Yesterdays (Day 25) Average daytime relative humidity: ~67%
Yesterdays (Day 25-26) Average nighttime relative humidity: ~85.5%

Day 26: June 8th 2018

• Evening Report: Super windy and rainy today. But shes looking good still even with the watering this morning. The plastic cover is doing its job. Shes now 3.5" tall. Pictures taken at 9:30pm

Yesterdays (Day 25) daily total sunlight: ~15 hours
Yesterdays (Day 25) Average daytime temp: 15.5°C
Yesterdays (Day 25-26) Average nighttime temp: 13°C
Yesterdays (Day 25) Average daytime relative humidity: ~67%
Yesterdays (Day 25-26) Average nighttime relative humidity: ~85.5%

Day 27: June 9th 2018

• Morning Report: Another super rainy and windy day. But shes good. Nothing else to report. First 3 pictures taken at 10:00am
  • Evening Report: A lot of rain, a lot of sun, a little thunder and lighting. A bit of everything today but she obviously liked it (or liked having the dead weight removed). She's growing and growing. Almost 4" now. Last 2 pictures taken at 8:45pm

Yesterdays (Day 26) daily total sunlight: ~15 hours
Yesterdays (Day 26) Average daytime temp: 14°C
Yesterdays (Day 26-27) Average nighttime temp: 10.5°C
Yesterdays (Day 26) Average daytime relative humidity: ~87%
Yesterdays (Day 26-27) Average nighttime relative humidity: ~96%

Day 27: June 9th 2018

• Morning Report: Another super rainy and windy day. But shes good. Nothing else to report. First 3 pictures taken at 10:00am
  • Evening Report: A lot of rain, a lot of sun, a little thunder and lighting. A bit of everything today but she obviously liked it (or liked having the dead weight removed). She's growing and growing. Almost 4" now. Last 2 pictures taken at 8:45pm

Yesterdays (Day 26) daily total sunlight: ~15 hours
Yesterdays (Day 26) Average daytime temp: 14°C
Yesterdays (Day 26-27) Average nighttime temp: 10.5°C
Yesterdays (Day 26) Average daytime relative humidity: ~87%
Yesterdays (Day 26-27) Average nighttime relative humidity: ~96%

She's a tough one! Glad she is coming around.

She's a tough one! Glad she is coming around.

Definitely is (and has to be if I am growing it lol). I'm not expecting much out of it in yield because of it thought. But for a first time outdoor and minimal accessories, can't expect much.

I actually decided to build my own 2' x 2' x 3' grow box to test out another grow with the same seed. Just dropped the seed in water last night, and put it in paper tower just now. Ordered a grow light but dunno if its gunna be enough from what I read here. So I might either get another (im cheap so I dont want to) or just add a CFL that I have as extra. I guess I could make another journal for that one. Maybe I will.

So I started another journal for the indoor, just as an FYI.

Day 28: June 10th 2018

• Morning Report: Another mix day of weather today. Other than that nothing new overnight other than it got down to 7°C overnight but hopefully the plastic covering helped with that a bit. First 2 pictures taken at 10:40am
  • Evening Report: Same old same old. Weather was random. Last 3 pictures taken at 8:45pm

Yesterdays (Day 27) daily total sunlight: ~15 hours
Yesterdays (Day 27) Average daytime temp: 14°C
Yesterdays (Day 27-28) Average nighttime temp: 10°C
Yesterdays (Day 27) Average daytime relative humidity: ~68%
Yesterdays (Day 27-28) Average nighttime relative humidity: ~72.5%

Back
Top Bottom