Jon's Sneak It In Auto Grow

Clone

She is healthy as hell and rocking and rolling! I’m loving her shade of green and her scissor like thinnish leaves. Funny - I had to readjust to the speed of soil growing, lol. Been a while.

IMG_0935.jpeg

Color Watch Pink Rozay

The whole hope with her is that she develops the shocking neon pink pistils shown in the Blimburn marketing. It’s dramatic, which is a massive understatement.

Today I find the first signs of color. Then there’s a shot to show you what we hope to make.

IMG_0936.jpeg

1690724781023.jpeg

Color Watch Pink Rozay

The whole hope with her is that she develops the shocking neon pink pistils shown in the Blimburn marketing. It’s dramatic, which is a massive understatement.

Today I find the first signs of color. Then there’s a shot to show you what we hope to make.

IMG_0936.jpeg

1690724781023.jpeg
Nice pistils and the color are :thumb: :goodjob: :love: coming in. I can't wait to see pistils on my plants.

Fan Game in the Blurple Closet

This is something I do often. It’s extremely effective. Air from immediately below the plant blowing straight up the middle. It practically guarantees no bud rot, and it’s especially effective on canopied plants that can get dense underneath. It’s a great way to repurpose those gajillions of old fans we end up with over time. All these are old and crappy, but they blow air!

IMG_0938.jpeg

Fan Game in the Blurple Closet

This is something I do often. It’s extremely effective. Air from immediately below the plant blowing straight up the middle. It practically guarantees no bud rot, and it’s especially effective on canopied plants that can get dense underneath. It’s a great way to repurpose those gajillions of old fans we end up with over time. All these are old and crappy, but they blow air!

IMG_0938.jpeg
Makes total sense to me get the air up the middle of the plant and keep her dry. I wish I could do something like that on my plants.

See how you formed a lower ring? And see how it’s outside of the two mains in the middle? Now you have two towers of power growing up the middle and a fledgling canopy below.
Thank you for putting this tutorial together Jon. I can't wait to try your method. Earlier today I impulsively topped side branches of my previously untouched plant, the one I was going to turn into a sombrero. I didn't wait I'm afraid, so the sombrero tutorial is bookmarked for my next grow. Would you be happy for me to call on you when I get to it, to guide me step by step?

As a matter of interest, have you got a count of the number of auto plants you have grown? You sound so confident and in command of what you are doing there. I'm still such a noob that anything I do makes me really nervous for the outcome. I feel I may have messed up my plant by topping side branches. I'm nervous about that now. I suppose I won't know until I try it right... eek!

PS The topping of the side branches was inspired by you too. I just hope I have done it correctly.

Color Watch Pink Rozay

IMG_0936.jpeg

1690724781023.jpeg
I'm really looking forward to your results on this one. Pistil color shouldn't be related to temps like leaves are late in flower I'd imagine but maybe there are other factors involved?

I wonder if the seed company or breeder could give you guidance on how to max out that aspect?

Thank you for putting this tutorial together Jon. I can't wait to try your method. Earlier today I impulsively topped side branches of my previously untouched plant, the one I was going to turn into a sombrero. I didn't wait I'm afraid, so the sombrero tutorial is bookmarked for my next grow. Would you be happy for me to call on you when I get to it, to guide me step by step?

As a matter of interest, have you got a count of the number of auto plants you have grown? You sound so confident and in command of what you are doing there. I'm still such a noob that anything I do makes me really nervous for the outcome. I feel I may have messed up my plant by topping side branches. I'm nervous about that now. I suppose I won't know until I try it right... eek!

PS The topping of the side branches was inspired by you too. I just hope I have done it correctly.
Hey @Carmen Ray - yes, let me know when you’re read and I’ll be happy to walk you through it. Topping side branches? Don’t worry. In a week you’ll see you will now have two colas coming from that stem. It’s no different than topping the main stem. Number of autos grown? I don’t know the number. A few. They pissed me off the first time I tried them and that made me want to show them that I am in fact the boss of them. First try was 9 autos in threes and netted around 22 ounces. Embarrassing. It really pissed me off. Lol. So I went to work. I don’t know if I’m all that confident or just have no life outside of growing. Lmao.

I'm really looking forward to your results on this one. Pistil color shouldn't be related to temps like leaves are late in flower I'd imagine but maybe there are other factors involved?

I wonder if the seed company or breeder could give you guidance on how to max out that aspect?
Hey @Azimuth - yeah me too! I would imagine the same, and I don’t know what those other factors would be. Temperature maybe. Organic vs chem maybe. We will see soon enough! Duh, of course I should ask the breeder, can’t believe I hadn’t thought of that. Lol

Yeah, I would think pretty colors on pistils would be related to growing the plant well, rather than introducing a deficiency like with a P deficiency for the leaves.

More about colorful genetics, but also a well grown plant which you obviously have.

Yeah, I would think pretty colors on pistils would be related to growing the plant well, rather than introducing a deficiency like with a P deficiency for the leaves.

More about colorful genetics, but also a well grown plant which you obviously have.
I would think the same. Counting on it actually. Heh.

First try was 9 autos in threes and netted around 22 ounces. Embarrassing. It really pissed me off. Lol. So I went to work. I don’t know if I’m all that confident or just have no life outside of growing. Lmao.
LOL! A life outside of growing... what's that?
I think that 22 ounces is not bad at all for three autos. I'd be pleased with that number. You do realize that you impose upon yourself and your plants a standard that most of us would find it hard to meet! ;)

LOL! A life outside of growing... what's that?
I think that 22 ounces is not bad at all for three autos. I'd be pleased with that number. You do realize that you impose upon yourself and your plants a standard that most of us would find it hard to meet! ;)
Lol! I’d be pleased with that too! I said NINE autos. In three gallon pots. 9 plants? 22 ounces? I hope y’all impose better standards than that on yourselves. Lmao!!

I also said 9 autos not 3. IN threes. But 9 autos.
Actually here they are!!!
1690737136719.jpeg

My second ever grow, first on the forum, first journal, first GJOM winner, first auto attempt.

Sometimes Absolutely CRAZY Things Happen

I did it. I actually turned a light DOWN. :rofl:

Lol, those who know me know I hate that. But what I did was, I measured the ppfd of the VS 1500 Pro at the height of the uppermost Apple Fritter cola. Then I measured the 420h at the same height. Then I turned down the 420h until I had matching numbers. This now gives me around 1150 at the top of the AF (before the reds) and going down to about 500 at the low end of the Pink Rozay. Then we add the reds (which obviously also have whites) and although I can’t measure that accurately, it adds a decent amount of ppfd to the equation. So although I’m guessing a little, I no longer fear burning up the top of the AF.

Heh.

IMG_0939.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom