Jdubs 3 Part - T5 CFL Grow

Re: Jdubs BPN 3 part, T5 Cfl grow

Morning all:peace: woke up to some hash I made last night with a buddy..;) time to post some pics, everything is flowing nicely.. I wish i had better lights but you gotta use what you gotta use I guess..lol, I've gotta say thank you once again to cory at bpn, my buds are rock solid:goodjob: these nutes are badass, and I just wish I could see them at work with a waaaay better setup... Thinkin of doin an outdoor with the organic line comin up this season... Anyway lemme try n post some pics

IMAG04603.jpg
IMAG04595.jpg
IMAG04583.jpg
IMAG04576.jpg

I've been goin light on the nutes.. thinkin another week and half ill harvest the gush.. loookin for more of a head high as I use medical for add..:) and stress relief, and figure ill let the kryptonite go for another week after the gush comes down...

Lookin great, your buds do look verey dense for being t5. What kind of fixture is it?

Hydrofarm 4' 4 bulb with all 2700k agromax bulbs :thanks: in them...

jdub,

do the T5's generate any heat that you have do deal with?

No sir they do not, as you can see in some of my pics, I have colas about a 1/2" away from the bulbs, and all i have for air movement is one desk fan

Re: BPN Floura Grow - Noob

To flush, use clearex. You can make your own. The recipe is in goldengoose's sig

Now see, that's what I love about Corey. If'n ya ain't got the money for stuff, he tells ya how to make it yourself. :thumb: Bravo, man, bravo.

jdub Good grow so far. For some really detailed pics of a grow that just finished, check out the pics toward the end of xlr8 namely -->this one<-- and -->this one<--

He takes exemplary photos at very close angles. I don't know how it will look on your phone, so try to look at these on a friend's computer as they are fairly large images that show every detail in the buds and trichs.

Hope this helps, and good grow, so far. Keep up the green work! Oh, by the way, when you see amber versus cloudy trichs on your own plant, you'll notice it right off. It's almost like early morning and HIGH NOON! pardon the pun

jdub,

do the T5's generate any heat that you have do deal with?

I'd like to elaborate on jdubs answer if I may. As I've been using T5's for my grow, and only use CFLs for my house, I have quite a bit of trial and error with these bulbs. What he said is correct, radiant heat is not something you have to worry about as much with T5 and CFL. However, they do, in fact, create heat- in the range of 95 to 105deg Fahrenheit, in my experience. Anyone that says different has not tried to unscrew one of these CFLs from the socket right after the switch is off. They're pretty warm.

That in mind, if you're growing in a confined space, a CFL or T5 can sufficiently heat the place up to need some outside air brought in to keep it cool in there. Also, you NEVER want your plant to EVER touch any part of these bulbs, CFL or T5, as it will burn the living crap out of it. I in my own grows here have had a few mishaps with mobile fan leaves reaching up mid day and touching the tubes in my T5 fixture, leaving a crescent shaped gaping hole in the side of the leaf that looks like a happy caterpillar had lunch right there.

Hope I didn't step on any toes, j, but I just had to add my 2 cents. I've lurked for far too long on this journal to stay silent here.

I'd like to elaborate on jdubs answer if I may. As I've been using T5's for my grow, and only use CFLs for my house, I have quite a bit of trial and error with these bulbs. What he said is correct, radiant heat is not something you have to worry about as much with T5 and CFL. However, they do, in fact, create heat- in the range of 95 to 105deg Fahrenheit, in my experience. Anyone that says different has not tried to unscrew one of these CFLs from the socket right after the switch is off. They're pretty warm.

That in mind, if you're growing in a confined space, a CFL or T5 can sufficiently heat the place up to need some outside air brought in to keep it cool in there. Also, you NEVER want your plant to EVER touch any part of these bulbs, CFL or T5, as it will burn the living crap out of it. I in my own grows here have had a few mishaps with mobile fan leaves reaching up mid day and touching the tubes in my T5 fixture, leaving a crescent shaped gaping hole in the side of the leaf that looks like a happy caterpillar had lunch right there.

Hope I didn't step on any toes, j, but I just had to add my 2 cents. I've lurked for far too long on this journal to stay silent here.

No sir no toes stepped on, glad to hear you've been lurking..lol, I guess I should of been more elaborite myself on that question in the first place, so thank you for that

hey jdubs looking good, going to stick with the cfl t-5's low energy and as far as i can tell do just as good as the 1000 watt MH light, Seems to me that mine are getting Harder Buds with CFL than they did with MH. Keep up the good work :goodjob:

They definitely have some solid buds:adore: but I could only dream of the output from a 1000 w lol, someday... T5s would be good for alot of small plants in a small area

So.. harvested one of my gush plants today.. I'm thinkin they may be done, but going to let the others go for a couple weeks and see what happens.. will post pics in the morning

Back
Top Bottom