Is this site a good representation: photo, etc

Grow Weed Easy tried to hire me a couple of years ago and after talking to their head guy I refused the job, knowing the guy didn't have a clue how to grow pot. The article cited above about "praying" leaves being a sign of stress is a perfect example of the unresearched idiocy that comes out of that site. Regarding pH, definitely get a good meter and start adjusting correctly, but looking at the "lift" (the proper horticultural term for "praying") I would say you have a very healthy plant with good transpiration, ie, good roots.
To be fair...there is a point where "praying" becomes a bad thing. It is an indicator for environmental stress. Usually is the lights being too close....
But it will almost always be accompanied by taco leaves, thin papery leaves, jagged edges, light bleaching or some other sort of issue. The main vein down the middle of each finger usually goes a bit rigid too. Hang on, I've got some picks somewhere cos I done it last grow lol...
Ahh there we go. That was a propper stressed out grow. Knocked the timer and never noticed for I think about 5 days. Revegged on me and got propper stressed out. Might've been praying for death but that would be about it lol. Made bubble hash out of the lot and it's the strongest thing I've ever smoked. Full on psychedelics. Not fun during the day but was awfy proud of myself :)
IMG_20190422_223246.jpg

I've no idea about soil growing by the way. Just like to wind up emilya when I can lol. :) Much love :)
yes, tacoing and lift are two completely different processes. Tacoing happens due to the heat, lift does not. It is totally possible to taco horizontal leaves, but usually the leaves lift up into the danger zone, and then taco as a result of then being too close to the light.

Do they still all think 90% of problems are TMV :ganjamon:

I am unsure what you are asking.

You see, prior to finding out that this isn’t a very respectable website, I used it a lot. Now finding out that they aren’t a very respectful site, maybe I’ll have to stop referring back to it as often. Thanks for your hilarious comment. :thumb:

I am unsure what you are asking.

You see, prior to finding out that this isn’t a very respectable website, I used it a lot. Now finding out that they aren’t a very respectful site, maybe I’ll have to stop referring back to it as often. Thanks for your hilarious comment. :thumb:
Lol I was on it for about a week and had to leave cos it was driving me mad.
pH problems - must be TMV.
Mag Def - must be TMV .
Bad pk burn - must be TMV.
Had more arguments in that week than I've had in 4 years elsewhere.
TMV is tobacco mosaic virus by the way.
Out of maybe 2 hundred posts asking if folk had it I've never seen a single one that did. It's every other post over there though. And they're all willing to die to convince you that you have it.

To be fair...there is a point where "praying" becomes a bad thing. It is an indicator for environmental stress. Usually is the lights being too close....
But it will almost always be accompanied by taco leaves, thin papery leaves, jagged edges, light bleaching or some other sort of issue. The main vein down the middle of each finger usually goes a bit rigid too. Hang on, I've got some picks somewhere cos I done it last grow lol...
Ahh there we go. That was a propper stressed out grow. Knocked the timer and never noticed for I think about 5 days. Revegged on me and got propper stressed out. Might've been praying for death but that would be about it lol. Made bubble hash out of the lot and it's the strongest thing I've ever smoked. Full on psychedelics. Not fun during the day but was awfy proud of myself :)
IMG_20190422_223246.jpg
yes, tacoing and lift are two completely different processes. Tacoing happens due to the heat, lift does not. It is totally possible to taco horizontal leaves, but usually the leaves lift up into the danger zone, and then taco as a result of then being too close to the light.
tacoing can also happen due to light intensity and generally speaking when it is due to light intensity it is usually followed by a twist in the blade . ..so its safe to say that there are multiple reasons all the above could be happening

tacoing can also happen due to light intensity and generally speaking when it is due to light intensity it is usually followed by a twist in the blade . ..so its safe to say that there are multiple reasons all the above could be happening
I knew I should have said heat and/or light intensity. :) thank you for the clarification.

Mag Def - must be TMV .
Out of maybe 2 hundred posts asking if folk had it I've never seen a single one that did. It's every other post over there though. And they're all willing to die to convince you that you have it.
some of my ak47 plants show signs that are similar to TMV 2 out of the 6 in my main room ...its was weird but I finally just hung it up to being genetics as it didn't spread its a wired thing to see in your garden . if I can find some earlier pics I will post them .

I knew I should have said heat and/or light intensity. :) thank you for the clarification.
no worries Emilya ...Big Sunday hug to you ..:yummy:

Mag Def - must be TMV .

Yes I have actually read about the TMV now that you explained. I never paid much attention to it. I used to study George cerventas methods of growing before finding this website.

Two of the girls have had a good flush (I hope) Lots of water running out - clear.
Man, Am I glad I'm retired !!!! Once my back allows, I may move Angie outside - with the heat the way it is lately, even with my greenhouse almost totally open it runs three to five degrees celcius hotter than outside. I'll wait to see the results of the flush.
BTW - Thanx for all the help

Yes I have actually read about the TMV now that you explained. I never paid much attention to it. I used to study George cerventas methods of growing before finding this website.

I forgot to add that I would mainly use that site to use the pictures they have as a reference to help determine what is going on with the plant. I found a lot of the information they had on said def. was helpful, I knew better then to think it was TMV :laughtwo:

Wow you sure got some information here I hope you get your plants growing again.

I do have lots to say but considering the amount of information you got already, i will keep my thoughts to myself.

Just wanna say please take all information given as peoples attempt to help.

Happy growing hope all grows well

Back
Top Bottom