InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

Thanks to all for leaving most of my stash behind and cleaning up before you left. It's greatly appreciated!

It will take me a few days to catch up with what I missed, but I'll get there eventually.

Monday update because we all need some normal here...

First, all of the plants were fine and dandy in my absence, with the exception of the flipped Candida! It was completely wilted. :eek:

So I watered it yesterday morning and it completely recovered by evening:

I lost a few leaves but that's about it. Moving on...

Here is the Sour G in perlite a week after the last root check:

I planted it in a solo cup of ProMix HP and watered it with 2.25g/gallon.

Finally, here is the Summer grow on flip day 1:

Chiquita Banana from @Weed Seeds Express in front, the caldera that is Sour G in back.

Got the son off to college without too much difficulty, his roommate and he share a lot in common (luckily!), and I will help him with time management as I did last semester (by mutual agreement :) ). Now if he can just pass his math class...

We'll see!

:peace:

A couple of quotes:
Double headed battle axe?
Indeed. That's my son's closet and I'm guessing it's from an old Halloween costume. Well spotted!
THIS POST on making your own solution may be of interest.
Thanks farside!

Welcome back! :ciao:
Your Sour G and Chiquita B look stunning. Hard to believe they are the same plants that you were contemplating tossing not too long ago.
Here is the Sour G in perlite a week after the last root check:
I guess the perlite method works!

Welcome back!
Your Sour G and Chiquita B look stunning. Hard to believe they are the same plants that you were contemplating tossing not too long ago.
I guess the perlite method works!
Thanks BL! I remember thinking I was going to have to start over but I'm damn glad I kept these two. I'm figuring on a late mid-late October harvest for these. Hoping for a sunny warm September here!

And yes, the perlite method does work! Next time I'm using a ruler though...

Tuesday update! I topped the Jack Herer on day 39 this morning (I think just above the 9th node).

Here it is before the snip:

The snippee:

The snipped:

I'll start to lay the top node flat in a couple of days.

And last night after dinner I took pity on one of the Candida clones and transplanted it into a 1 gallon pot (covered with a 2 gallon GeoPot):

I think I will grow this out and flower it with the JH.

I also took the ends off the two lowest branches of the Sour G because they will be too wide in flower (I may take the whole branches off later, but I'm starting with the ends). I stuck them in perlite and water, but decided to punch a hole in the cup so I knew exactly how deep the water was (2.5" from water to the top of the perlite). This feeling around with my finger to find the water level is too loosey goosey for me! I'm sure this makes at least two people here happy, though I hope the other two are still okay with me. :)

Quotes:
May your son catch on to his new away from home life :love: !
Thank you Otter! He was freaking out a bit before his first class this morning (he has no Monday classes), but by the end of it he was definitely feeling more comfortable, whether he'll admit that or not. :thumb:
Glad things went as planed for you and you son , man that plant did a heck of a turn around after the watering (must have got it just in time )
Thanks sb...I give him a week to settle in and then we'll only be talking about schoolwork! And that Candida looks to have a small amount of long term leaf damage, but it's starting to put out pistils so the pollination will be happening in a couple of weeks. Phewf!

though I hope the other two are still okay with me.
:eek::eek::eek: Oh, the betrayal!!! ;)

Congrats on that turn around with that wilty candida. These plants continue to amaze. The oval of brightness looks on point too. Well done. And good luck to Shed Jr! What an exciting time for him :)

:rip: Charlie Watts.
Oh, the betrayal!!!
Yeah I know. :sorry:
Congrats on that turn around with that wilty candida. These plants continue to amaze.
I wasn't sure this one would recover, but for the sake of the pollination thing I'm glad it did!
The oval of brightness looks on point too. Well done.
Thanks!
And good luck to Shed Jr! What an exciting time for him
Exciting is one way to put it. He's mostly nervous AF. :rolleyes:

Congratulations on flip day for the summer grow!
Thank you! They're already a bit on the wide side for the doors so between that and the remaining summer sun, it was the right time. Not much smell from the Chiquita Banana, but after carrying the Sour G out this morning my shirt still smells a bit skunky!

I stuck them in perlite and water, but decided to punch a hole in the cup so I knew exactly how deep the water was (2.5" from water to the top of the perlite). This feeling around with my finger to find the water level is too loosey goosey for me! I'm sure this makes at least two people here happy,
:)

Thursday update will be the last pics of the Candida dented seed test...the success:

and the nubbin:

I'm sure if I wait long enough the little one will eventually grow into a plant, but I'm tossing them both out this weekend.

Everything else pretty much looks the same as last time you saw it, except the flipped Candida has some pistils coming in. Once they get big and strong it will be pollination time!

That's it from me. :slide:

Quick question....

Which would you rather use for fixing pot holes in asphalt?

Re re distilled Everclear or Terpinator?

Thanks for your time.

Slurry.

In time...yes.

Back
Top Bottom