InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

No pics today, as just as I finished all the watering it started fricking pouring, and I heard they cleared the ocean of swimmers because of lightning :eek:. It's like I've moved to Florida all of a sudden except the people aren't as weird.

I smooshed the flowering three under a tarp and left for work, and will rely on my minions to un-smoosh them when the clouds break. I hope the anti-mold bacteria didn't get washed away. Now's when I really need them! Maybe I got them under the tarp in time.
Sorry, I thought this was the update.

FWIW, I have the page that lists my watched threads bookmarked so every time I visit 420 on my PC, I see if there is a thread with comments I didn't see yet. IDK if you guys on the phone apps have this option.

ones that tend to collect moths tend to be light based as an attractant, which doesn't work on mosquitoes. Lots of other bugs are attracted to light, just not those bloodsuckers.
This one has both ( a blue light and the CO2 thing). I guarantee you it catches mosquitoes ;) was the only reason we got it.
no real learning curve to it!
For me, there always is because I have to plan these events so carefully. I may seem pretty capable and I am, but my ‘new normal’ involves pretty major cognitive and physical impairment from my previous self so every new process involves a quite few different kinds of ‘curves’ ;)

This one has both ( a blue light and the CO2 thing). I guarantee you it catches mosquitoes was the only reason we got it.

For me, there always is because I have to plan these events so carefully. I may seem pretty capable and I am, but my ‘new normal’ involves pretty major cognitive and physical impairment from my previous self so every new process involves a quite few different kinds of ‘curves’
I haven't seen any simple ones that have a CO2 thing yet. They're either connected to propane tanks or CO2 canisters from soda machines. Do you know the brand and model number? Even if it's not available stateside I'd like to look it up!

If you're ever in the mood to do the skin salve thang, I'll walk you through it. The only hard part then will be working up the energy and strength! Easy peasy ;).

I have a mosquito magnet. Like @stoneotter says, they do attract, catch, trap, and dehydrate the little POSs.

It works by burning a plume of propane, with a small short range attractant that needs to be replaced monthly or does not work at all, and vacuums them to a chamber.

You will have a cloud of hungry mosquitos around the machine, they will find you if your <20ft away.

I have a mosquito magnet. Like @stoneotter says, they do attract, catch, trap, and dehydrate the little POSs.

It works by burning a plume of propane, with a small short range attractant that needs to be replaced monthly or does not work at all, and vacuums them to a chamber.

You will have a cloud of hungry mosquitos around the machine, they will find you if your <20ft away.
Eventually there aren't any left to bite you though, yes?
Has anyone tried to make these Homemade Mosquito Traps? My wife started saving 2 liter bottles but that's as far as she got.
I watched a video where they test those and they don't work, even the yeast ones. If it were that easy everyone would be doing it!

Eventually there aren't any left to bite you though, yes?

Nope. There's an endless supply of 'em. :straightface: All you can do is make your area less attractive than somewhere else. What was that movie where the alien hunter cloaks the light around him? Like that.

Repellents work as well as anything else. Citronella candles n stuff. And if you can point the evil things somewhere else, all the better.

We're in lake country so we fog bomb the yard with repellent/killer and fire up the magnet jobbie off to the edge. "We" don't. Just the poor collective "we"s without a screen house. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Back
Top Bottom