InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

Amy mentioned that one of the advantages to growing the Candida, even though there are a number of high-CBD strains, is that it is a time-tested and mature strain, so you know what you're getting. Even though the sativa (20:1) and the (elusive) indica (11:1) will differ in the ratio, neither of them go above 1% THC.
And always above 13% of CBD, maybe even 14% - i’’l have to double check

CBD has different sleep effects for different people, and SweetSue refers to it as an "alerting" cannabinoid. Though some find it helpful with sleep, it's best tried an hour or so before bed.

THC though is more traditionally associated with sleep, and letting THC convert to CBN (the amber trichomes) will be the best for aiding in sleep. That would be used shortly before going to bed.
I’ve read recently in my studies that CBD in higher doses will make/help yo sleep. I suppose that’s an instance of that biphasic effect of cannabis medicine Sue mentioned earlier today, somewhere. SO maybe it’s alerting until you take larger quantities and then it can help sedation. It’s always relaxing and calming, however much I take and however i take it.
Gotcha. I have tried getting up and toking with mixed results. Tonight I will just try the CBD. The wife has some strong oil so I will try 3-4ml. Think it's 16mg/ml I'll check in a bit.
So it turns out the oil is a 25mg/ml so I would take .3-.4ml 4ml would be a lot.
Hi Reave - i’ll Throw something in here...
If it were me, after everything you’ve just said, I’d take at least 1ml of that 25mg CBD oil before bed and see if you get a better and longer sleep, and yes take it right along with whatever THC you’d have usually :thumb: I put my straight oil into a cup of tea, or what ever hot beverage I’m having, or dribble it onto peanut butter on a cracker - instant edible! :D

By the way...for anyone who missed it, here is this morning's update!
:thumb:

The girls are looking sexy and feisty mr.Shed lovely update.. When I had one of my first harvests I didn't have access to boveda so I used a moist sponge and put it inside a small ziplock bag which you leave open and works like a boveda pack, might get a boveda pack or 2 and compare this coming harvest...
Have a great day.

And always above 13% of CBD, maybe even 14% - i’’l have to double check

I’ve read recently in my studies that CBD in higher doses will make/help yo sleep. I suppose that’s an instance of that biphasic effect of cannabis medicine Sue mentioned earlier today, somewhere. SO maybe it’s alerting until you take larger quantities and then it can help sedation. It’s always relaxing and calming, however much I take and however i take it.

If it were me, after everything you’ve just said, I’d take at least 1ml of that 25mg CBD oil before bed and see if you get a better and longer sleep, and yes take it right along with whatever THC you’d have usually :thumb: I put my straight oil into a cup of tea, or what ever hot beverage I’m having, or dribble it onto peanut butter on a cracker - instant edible! :D

:thumb:

Interesting

I've always thought, never proven or tested, CBD can make it harder to sleep

I've got some ACDC oil I'll try tonight

@Amy Gardner

Do u think smoking vs infused oil, besides the condensed version of oil, would do the same thing

I'm up at 3am this morning, can't get back to sleep, so probably my biggest issue I have is not get good long sleep

Thank

Chris

Interesting

I've got some ACDC oil I'll try tonight

@Amy Gardner

Do u think smoking vs infused oil, besides the condensed version of oil, would do the same thing

I'm up at 3am this morning, can't get back to sleep, so probably my biggest issue I have is not get good long sleep

Thank

Chris
My wife and I found this theory to be true, completely by mistake.

I had made a batch of gummies with some really good "store bought" CBD. We both ate 1 gummy.... and were knocked TF out like 45 min later. Mid-afternoon type stuff. LoL

When I woke from hibernating, I knew something wasn't right with that batch. Checked my calculations, each gummy had 4X the recommended bottle dose.

I am a firm believer now. We have dialed back the recipe a bit and my wife takes them religiously. Every night about an hour before bed. Her garmin tracker shows differences in sleep patterns with/without.

I get the same results if I take 2 of those gummies. I just forget to take them...
LoL

Interesting

I'll try some tonight
I've tried to stay awake few times after a heavy dose... it almost reminded me of the calming sensation I got from my old Ativan script. LoL

Calming my nerves enough to finally get sleep.

I really hope it helps you too brother! Insomnia sucks!

My issue is waking up and not falling back to sleep

I may do some Candida oil today
Run it longer in the instant pot for test purposes

Thanks Amy I appreciate the advice and will give it a go.
I really hope it helps you too brother! Insomnia sucks!
Thanks Preston! Glad it works for you I hope so too.
This is my same issue. Plus I get nausea. Very annoying.

I may do some Candida oil today

I like to smoke enough weed to sleep all night and wake up high. No need for wake n bake, I'm already there. :cool:

I wake up at 3 regularly. I stay up late fall asleep on whatever couch and mosey into bed during the wee wee hours... All the CBD I grew I never used for sleep, but I like how it evens out my mood. A bowl at 3 is just as good as a bowl at 11 right?

I like to smoke enough weed to sleep all night and wake up high. No need for wake n bake, I'm already there. :cool:

I wake up at 3 regularly. I stay up late fall asleep on whatever couch and mosey into bed during the wee wee hours... All the CBD I grew I never used for sleep, but I like how it evens out my mood. A bowl at 3 is just as good as a bowl at 11 right?

Ya, I don't smoke much, not really into being wasted unless camping

So that's not a real option for me

Ya, I don't smoke much, not really into being wasted unless camping

So that's not a real option for me

Was a joke, well kinda... The edibles are a nice ride too and much easier to control your dosage. I have found that the CBD counteracts the psychoactive effects of THC for me. I would suggest melatonin but you said your issue is getting back to sleep. I had a doc tell me it's normal to wake and go back to sleep, we're animals not machines. Wake up at 3 take a leak and back to sleep.

The girls are looking sexy and feisty mr.Shed lovely update.. When I had one of my first harvests I didn't have access to boveda so I used a moist sponge and put it inside a small ziplock bag which you leave open and works like a boveda pack, might get a boveda pack or 2 and compare this coming harvest...
Have a great day.
Great moisture hack Smeegol!
If you're just getting into the capsules you should take with food. I know it's all dissolved in oil already, but it helps.
Funny thing with CBD...it seems to affect different people different ways. If I take CBD oil on an empty stomach it knocks me out cold. With breakfast in the morning it has no effect whatsoever.
I have no idea why it has different people have different responses to CBD but that seems to be the reason that there are many different types of advice on it. Maybe because CBD doesn't actually bind to the CB1 receptors?
Yes...run it longer for sure! Or take it out and just put it a crock pot for 8 hours. :)

If you want to try for some sleepy time meds, let one plant (or part of one) finish really late (an indica preferably). Like 80% amber. Treat it really badly during dry and cure (keep it in the sun). See how that feels when you smoke it, and if it knocks you out well, making oil and capsules from it is easy.

very true.

FYI, I took a hit of that cbd isolate by itself while not stoned one day and got a hell of a headache. So I am in the camp of a little thc helps.

Back
Top Bottom