HPS 400w vs LED 320w during flower time

Sounds good yeh cool tube huge centrifugal fan

works great. they will pull a lot more energy than running the led. the tube adds to it.
you can also get leds with remote drivers so you can mount them outside the grow space. it's super easy to do if you diy, and many commercial rigs have the option as well.

I found in my tent the 400 hps with tube and big fan the coolest in a 4x4 compared to a 320 inboard Phlizon and a CMH 315

a lot depends on how the rig was built and whether the driver is locked in a cover or not.

Don't know how thease 2 xs 2000 with onboard drive will go in summer just have to wait n see but I'd say it be to hot

i can't run my 400w hps in summer but i can run the 600w 12 cob rig i built. i try not to grow in summer if i can avoid it. i use waste heat in the winter to keep things in the right range.

works great. they will pull a lot more energy than running the led. the tube adds to it.
you can also get leds with remote drivers so you can mount them outside the grow space. it's super easy to do if you diy, and many commercial rigs have the option as well.

a lot depends on how the rig was built and whether the driver is locked in a cover or not.

i can't run my 400w hps in summer but i can run the 600w 12 cob rig i built. i try not to grow in summer if i can avoid it. i use waste heat in the winter to keep things in the right range.
Yeh agree summer is better if you don't have to forsure is a pest It just keep everything rolling along eg clones ect recycling

Trying to keep a strain alive with no way to replace them just keep it rolling, seed banks don't exist here you grab what you can when you get from a bag

Wast heat in winter is brilliant keep everything stable

Wast heat in winter is brilliant keep everything stable

my summer grows are a roller coaster even with the leds. it's better with the leds but still no fun lol.

I guess easiest would be to time around the hottest period.. Or veg is doable I feel as you can run a led at reduced power and right above the canopy.

Here's the punch of a 600w HPS in a 4x4'
600w-HPS-60cm.jpg

If you go lower the number shoot up a lot but well overal performance wouldn't improve and yeah cooltube would be best.
I feel that FC4800 you posted would have a larger higher and more even map for a 4x4?

I still have a cooltube and 400w lumatek, and a new fresh bulb somewhere.
But there really is very little desire to fire that up again as I don't miss that bazillion degree little Sun and block of ballast.

Thanks I luv that chart brilliant, yeh I see that there all rated great on paper all the good leds, and I see them used commercially, and the best led obviously are used.. I remember reading somewhere on here or another pot site, the guy was talking about this generation of cannabis and several before being genetically addicted to HPS yeh sounds strange but I can't explain it very well, he's said the reason they grow so chucky with hps is years of growing under hps something to do with the plants adjust to this light yellow light so strong, over the years genetically change and passed on through there seed, was a very interesting theory .. 🤔 Weird but makes sense that you can still grow serious shit under a 250w hps. Even my 400w pumped out some seriously fat chunk and even through my led xs2000 with the Samsung 301 or whatever say they have better light ect... I'll be surprised if they can make the same end product, I'm using the same strain so I'll know by the end how 2x xs 2000 compare to a 400w hps this will be the real deal, if they come out shit in comparison to my best 400w hps grow.... I'll know.... I'll know if I've been had by led gimmick because that's what I smell but I'll give it the benefit of doubt and give it a red hot go at my expense of 600 buks on " the best led viparspectra had in my range" yeh against a $200 600w hps that's a Guaranteed SUCCESS ... Mmmm Big gamble hopefully don't get screwed again 👍

I guess what I understand is that even though on paper led says it's got better light and so on I still think there's potential for hps to have less quality light but better product, you can't beat that penetrating yellow light with an led ... In my opinion but we'll see this time in about 8 weeks I'll have that answer 👍😜

I just don't think you can beat the 600w hps for penatration, depth of grow, chunck and bud sizes and just bulk with the led on hand, apparently the best is the viparspectra ks5000, or something similar, those are $700 buks and use 500w of power and have huge metal frame producing heaps of un extractable heat so in comparison when all you want is wicked chunky pot ... Mmmmm yeh get me ...
you still cannot beat HPS In my opinion for huge wicked bud, running a cool tube with a powerful fan they run cooler
I feel led being pushed like all green bullshit bum steering everyone into a new but not necessarily better system, to stimulate new green industries.

On paper thease 2x- xs2000 are way better that a hps 400 but what about in reality? Let just see how that goes, see how much bullshit is involved in all this led hype 😎

I guess easiest would be to time around the hottest period.. Or veg is doable I feel as you can run a led at reduced power and right above the canopy.

600w-HPS-60cm.jpg

If you go lower the number shoot up a lot but well overal performance wouldn't improve and yeah cooltube would be best.
I feel that FC4800 you posted would have a larger higher and more even map for a 4x4?

But there really is very little desire to fire that up again as I don't miss that bazillion degree little Sun and block of ballast.
I see this chart less numbers than a led say for equivalent but my point is I still think in a comparison test, you would get bigger fatter chunky, more depth penatration and more yield and weight if using a hps of equivalent, I just think the plants don't need all that other light the led companies waffle on with, yeh in veg there excellent but in flower we'll see, in flower time they just thrive on that so strong yellow light produced by hps and that's it... Yeh it's just an observation I'm just a no-one but yeh we'll see and then know forsure😎

Yeh that's it this the test I'm running is 2 X xs2000 actually going to produce better bud at the end, more bud, fatter bud, more weight...
In comparison to a 400w hps..
We'll see and I'll know soon because on paper they should smash a 400 but yeh I don't think so.... We'll see 😉

600w-HPS-60cm.jpg

But there really is very little desire to fire that up again as I don't miss that bazillion degree little Sun and block of ballas
I only posted potential lights in some pictures plus the xs2500 I returned was guttless, the one I actually have is 2 xs2000s working beautiful but I don't know how they will flower yet, on paper they should smash my best 400w hps grow so find out soon and then I'll make a decision whether or not to buy a 600w hps and just use led for veg, this is an experiment now, they only get one chance then back to leafing..

Yeh running at 40 cm closest is 38 I'm just waiting for it to even up then trim off the to tall ones in a week and that's it sit them at 38 cm from then on that the closest recommended in booklet

Back
Top Bottom