Hozona's New Legal Grow

I like growing outdoors. Sunlight is free!!! I have it all on a watering system outdoors. Good soil, sunlight, and water make growing easy outside. I have tried a lot of things since I first started growing, some work, some don't. This journal will document this grow's successes AND failures. Thanks to everyone for coming along for the ride :Namaste:

Hey, thought Id pop in here and say hello. Until very recently, I used to have a recreation property in San Tan Valley, and am intrigued to watch you tackle your outdoor grows. Congratulations to the State of Arizona, I have been waiting for it to happen for the last 9 years, and almost had it a few years back but, sadly, I have sold the property and will not be able to revel in the legality of our favorite medicine down there.

:snowboating:

Hey, thought Id pop in here and say hello. Until very recently, I used to have a recreation property in San Tan Valley, and am intrigued to watch you tackle your outdoor grows. Congratulations to the State of Arizona, I have been waiting for it to happen for the last 9 years, and almost had it a few years back but, sadly, I have sold the property and will not be able to revel in the legality of our favorite medicine down there.

When you say "down there" I am assuming you moved out of the desert. I am glad we finally got it legalized here. I have been waiting for decades. I have known "guerilla" growers that grew in the mountains and several of them ended up growing for a dispensary. To some it's all about the money including politicians that have discovered another way to TAX us! :Namaste:

Well, I am a Canadian that used to own a property down there for a spell. I am and always have been full time up here, but escaped down there frequently.

But to me, the hot temps in the summer and the low hours of daylight in the winter must have some challenges to the outdoor AZ grower.

I could see it in the higher parts of the desert... but the valley. SHEESH!

In the years I have grown here I have had success when I kept it small. Since I only grow for myself I try to increase yield with LST training and it works well. The secret is water, good soil, and sunlight,. If the sun is too intense shade screen is what I use to keep them partially shaded. Until now I worried about LEO, but now I am legal so no worries. Thanks for your input. :thumb:

When LAWYERS write laws you can be sure there will be some MAJOR problems. One I heard about was the tax discrepancy between people with a medical card and those that don't. The tax with a medical card will remain at 8%, but recreational users will be taxed 25% for the same products. I would think this is a discriminatory provision and should be thrown out.
On another happier note, my girls have really taken off in a month's time and I have switched the lights from 24/7 to 16/8 after realizing I am running out of space. The stems on a couple are already the size of my little finger. I will post pictures later today. :yahoo:

I'm going to tag along and try and learn a thing or two. I'm at about 2600 hundred feet elevation in Western Arizona and it is different growing here than back in day...WAY less humidity, no COLD to deal with, now HEAT. On my first grow in about twenty years. Used to get good results, now to find out if it was only luck.

I'm going to tag along and try and learn a thing or two. I'm at about 2600 hundred feet elevation in Western Arizona and it is different growing here than back in day...WAY less humidity, no COLD to deal with, now HEAT. On my first grow in about twenty years. Used to get good results, now to find out if it was only luck.
Thanks for stopping by! I am constantly experimenting kinda like my mentor here BID. He left the world a few years ago, but he was always experimenting. I take the plants outside during the day since like I said earlier sunlight is free. My "plan" is to get them ALL outside except my GDP mother plant and my youngest (Critical Fast Auto) in another month which will trigger their first bloom! Although they are "feminized" I may end up with a male. If that happens I will isolate it and its pollen and do some selective crosses. I need to replenish my seed stock. :Namaste:

Any worries about neighbors with outdoor grows and possible pollination?
legalization brings new thoughts to mind
No worries, I know my neighbors, none are growers and I am a long way from blooming I think. Yes it does bring new thoughts to mind.

:yahoo:Update:yahoo:
More pics, plants are now outside for the day.

I realized I have way too many! I gave 2 away to friend and have another long time friend coming by Friday for some.

:yahoo: UPDATE:yahoo:
Critical Auto starting to bloom (Germinated 31 days ago)
After giving away some Gorilla Glue the INSIDE GIRLS are down to this:
One GDP mother plant, one Blueberry, two Bubba Kush and Critical Auto Fast

I am going to clone the GDP and Blueberry soon.
:slide:THAT'S ALL FOR NOW:slide:

Thanks for stopping by! I am constantly experimenting kinda like my mentor here BID. He left the world a few years ago, but he was always experimenting. I take the plants outside during the day since like I said earlier sunlight is free. My "plan" is to get them ALL outside except my GDP mother plant and my youngest (Critical Fast Auto) in another month which will trigger their first bloom! Although they are "feminized" I may end up with a male. If that happens I will isolate it and its pollen and do some selective crosses. I need to replenish my seed stock. :Namaste:
Think it is time to move the ladies outside here in AZ? Getting pretty nice! Did I remember correctly that you are in AZ?

Well I thinned out the herd and now some others will share in this first legal planting since dispensaries opened here. I have 3 outside that I transplanted weeks ago and the Grand Daddy Purple (soon to be cloned), the Blueberry, and my first Auto Critical Fast (in beginning flower stage). I will post some pictures later. :Rasta:

Back
Top Bottom