How not to be a salt farmer or a wasteful grower tips

Only issue is I need to make more to get preemie seeds so that will be focus right away to get indoor make going and create some.

And I didn’t mean for that all to sound as arrogant as it did looking back on it, I produce as much as I can because I’m always waiting for the other shoe to drop in survival mode. Hope you all can see that the testing is just as much for my own benefit for the future as it is for the community at large. Never want to see the day again for folks to have to drill holes in bottom of bucket to water gorilla style ever again, but always want to be prepared for it just in case :)

And I didn’t mean for that all to sound as arrogant as it did looking back on it, I produce as much as I can because I’m always waiting for the other shoe to drop in survival mode. Hope you all can see that the testing is just as much for my own benefit for the future as it is for the community at large. Never want to see the day again for folks to have to drill holes in bottom of bucket to water gorilla style ever again, but always want to be prepared for it just in case :)
Buckets with holes sounds like a nightmare 😳 just imaging the roots all bundled up drowning every time you water not to mention the poor air flow those pots have make for the perfect conditions for root rot. And having to trim the roots back so they can live just seems unnecessary.

To clarify, buckets of rain/stream water with small holes to gradually water because I need to hike an hour or two to get to them to check in because the goal is to keep hidden. Not plants in buckets with holes :)

And sorry my CA friends but I’m hoping Detroit beats your butt in honor of one of my favorite all time retired RBs sanders. Full disclosure I’m a patriots fan and secondarily a giants fan. But anytime Detroit wins unless against one of my top 2 I’m a happy grower :) that goes for Vikings too lol

But I would think most commercial canna seeds are harvested when properly ripe, no?
Yes and no
Would the gas improve even them?
Yes and no.

Ripened properly has 2 meanings. One is our perception of it and one is natures perception of it.

We perceive a seed grown to the end of a plants life, so lets say day 75 of flower, as the plant loses its last few leaves and stops drinking water, so we chop and harvest, to be fully ripe.

Nature perceives a seed to go thru all that but instead of being chopped it continues to grow and ripen until the plant actually dies, falls over, the flesh of the fruit rots, and the seed falls into the fertilized soil to be fully ripe.

Ethylene prepares the seed for that exact moment and evolution has created the perfect seasonal timing for that perfect ethylened seed to have the right conditions to trigger it out of dormancy at it's peak priming.

So no, seed companies don't do that which means yes, ethylene exposure will not nescessarily make the seed better than if natures perception reigned, but definitely better than our perception.

You want to see stellar plants, seed a whole branch, grow it until all the seeds either fall out on their own or the seeded plant dies. Then plant those freshly fallen seeds immediately, or plant the fallen plant, seeds, flowers, and all, and see what sprouts. Fertility rates are extremely high with stellar phenos. Natures way. Ethylene exposure won't improve those seeds. They are already primed.

Most seeds are taken before the plant, not the seed, is fully mature, so ethylene will help, but it's a primer so you need to expose for a certain amount of both volume and time to get the priming right, and the planting time thereafter.

If you get the ethylene exposure right AND plant the seed at it's peak priming you will get great plants.

If you screw it up you are messing with hormonal reactions, so you can screw things up too. A mutant perhaps😎

Every plant is different and many aren't affected. They are waiting for a different primer, usually environmental, such as freezing or fire. They may have been pre-primed by ethylene while with the mother, but now need a secondary trigger. Their ethylene priming has already been set.

It is also entirely possible that if you have never harvested and planted your own seeds immediately after harvesting, that you could get the ethylene right and get the best plants you have ever seen.

Fun Fun!😎

I hope that made sense. I guess what I mean is if we leave nature alone this process is already in action, but if we "pick" seeds then there's a very good chance ethylene will improve them, if the exposure is right.

Yes and no

Yes and no.

Ripened properly has 2 meanings. One is our perception of it and one is natures perception of it.

We perceive a seed grown to the end of a plants life, so lets say day 75 of flower, as the plant loses its last few leaves and stops drinking water, so we chop and harvest, to be fully ripe.

Nature perceives a seed to go thru all that but instead of being chopped it continues to grow and ripen until the plant actually dies, falls over, the flesh of the fruit rots, and the seed falls into the fertilized soil to be fully ripe.

Ethylene prepares the seed for that exact moment and evolution has created the perfect seasonal timing for that perfect ethylened seed to have the right conditions to trigger it out of dormancy at it's peak priming.

So no, seed companies don't do that which means yes, ethylene exposure will not nescessarily make the seed better than if natures perception reigned, but definitely better than our perception.

You want to see stellar plants, seed a whole branch, grow it until all the seeds either fall out on their own or the seeded plant dies. Then plant those freshly fallen seeds immediately, or plant the fallen plant, seeds, flowers, and all, and see what sprouts. Fertility rates are extremely high with stellar phenos. Natures way. Ethylene exposure won't improve those seeds. They are already primed.

Most seeds are taken before the plant, not the seed, is fully mature, so ethylene will help, but it's a primer so you need to expose for a certain amount of both volume and time to get the priming right, and the planting time thereafter.

If you get the ethylene exposure right AND plant the seed at it's peak priming you will get great plants.

If you screw it up you are messing with hormonal reactions, so you can screw things up too. A mutant perhaps😎

Every plant is different and many aren't affected. They are waiting for a different primer, usually environmental, such as freezing or fire. They may have been pre-primed by ethylene while with the mother, but now need a secondary trigger. Their ethylene priming has already been set.

It is also entirely possible that if you have never harvested and planted your own seeds immediately after harvesting, that you could get the ethylene right and get the best plants you have ever seen.

Fun Fun!😎

I hope that made sense. I guess what I mean is if we leave nature alone this process is already in action, but if we "pick" seeds then there's a very good chance ethylene will improve them, if the exposure is right.
Previously I mentioned a friend that taught me everything I know about seeds and breeding from AZ (RIP buddy) and also followed up with everything I learned is probably less than 5% he knew. Well one of those things was how to only pollinate the branches I wanted to and the other was to never chop the whole plant and keep those branches as long as possible to include seeds falling on their own and waiting a month to gather seeds from the soil as well as labeling the ones that didn’t fall on their own appropriately. Thanks to him I’ve had a nearly 100% success rate germinating seeds I produced with the exception of those that I’ve gotten commercially or acquaintances :) so grateful for our community!

Gees knowledge is clearly in the realm we hadn’t gotten to yet before we lost him

Gees knowledge is clearly in the realm we hadn’t gotten to yet before we lost him
What he told you is legit.

This is actually old knowledge, thats what invoked my initial reaction.

I don't know if it works with cannabis or not, but something like a watermelon thats intended to rot in the field with prolonged ethylene exposure, but gets harvested on a convenient day instead, will show a great improvement.

Calyxed seeds may operate differently as they pop out when ripe, so by natures perception, they may be primed already, and then wait for a secondary trigger, or they too may benefit greatly, that I'm not sure, but almost all species will show some improvement on poor seeds.

Ethylene, I do believe, is instrumental to seed fertility to some degree in every species of plant.

The wild card is how much ethylene and for how long.

What he told you is legit.

This is actually old knowledge, thats what invoked my initial reaction.

I don't know if it works with cannabis or not, but something like a watermelon thats intended to rot in the field with prolonged ethylene exposure, but gets harvested on a convenient day instead, will show a great improvement.

Calyxed seeds may operate differently as they pop out when ripe, so by natures perception, they may be primed already, and then wait for a secondary trigger, or they too may benefit greatly, that I'm not sure, but almost all species will show some improvement on poor seeds.

Ethylene, I do believe, is instrumental to seed fertility to some degree in every species of plant.

The wild card is how much ethylene and for how long.
I kind of was aware of this from growing apple trees etc as well as having to have at least 2 in proximity for optimal production etc. it’s just great to have a better understanding of why. Much appreciated!

And sorry my CA friends but I’m hoping Detroit beats your butt in honor of one of my favorite all time retired RBs sanders. Full disclosure I’m a patriots fan and secondarily a giants fan. But anytime Detroit wins unless against one of my top 2 I’m a happy grower :) that goes for Vikings too lol
A little sad @MedScientist was expecting a love from you of all people on this one lol

A little sad @MedScientist was expecting a love from you of all people on this one lol
And now that we actually won and most credit belongs to me I believe you owe me a love friend :)
And who can deny that Dan Campbell is Jessie Ventura’s body double minus the lions cap???

And now that we actually won and most credit belongs to me I believe you owe me a love friend :)
And who can deny that Dan Campbell is Jessie Ventura’s body double minus the lions cap???
Sorry bud.

I don't follow Sports, don't know much about Baseball! ❤️

Kinda like listening to talk about different Nutrient regiments...

Sorry bud.

I don't follow Sports, don't know much about Baseball! ❤️

Kinda like listening to talk about different Nutrient regiments...
lol nobody follows the tigers so I totally understand, I have yet to meet a single fan even from MI let alone Detroit :)

lol, my buddy who’s a huge giants fan gave me his giants blanket to use today :) only reason that was even possible was their way less than stellar performance earlier today. Yes, he’s that delusional because I should’ve had this blanket since at least 2012.

Question for the community, years ago I came upon Buddha’s sister and loved it and wanted to adopt as an alternative night time med. for whatever reason was never able to find seeds or a clone anywhere. Only got to try as a smoke so if you can advise whether or not my pursuit was worthwhile for a med for one and whether or not you know of seed/clone availability I’d be stoked. If nothing else I’d like to smoke again one day. Thanks in advance!

Name that strain game status:
I recently reached out to staff regarding the idea and will be awaiting a response before kicking anything off. If approved I’ll most likely have to start another thread specific to the game. Worst case if not approved for giveaway I’d still like to do it just for the fun of it. I’ll keep you posted with what the case will be when I hear back.

Lab advise request;
If anyone can suggest lab(s) in CT or MA area for soil, compost and flower testing that provides detailed analysis I’d really like to get started in prep for next grow runs. I’ve never done it yet in all these years so a little direction and what I should expect it to cost estimates will be greatly appreciated.

Lab advise request;
If anyone can suggest lab(s) in CT or MA area for soil, compost and flower testing that provides detailed analysis I’d really like to get started in prep for next grow runs. I’ve never done it yet in all these years so a little direction and what I should expect it to cost estimates will be greatly appreciated.
Sorry I'm no help there. :Namaste:

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

Back
Top Bottom