HighTechRasta's 1000W China LED COCO 4x3 2in1 Tent Perpetual SCROG With BruceBanner & Bagseed

I don’t even think that plant you were showing was a hermi, that was a straight up male. If you let it grow the weird looking ones that aren’t pollen balls will actually grow like gimpy looking little branch type things.
SleepDog, that would actually be great news!
It would mean I didn't screw up and it's just a male.
I'm starting to think Males show before females?
Also think I read that somewhere too...

FWIW, I see pistils in about 6 days, but as long as 10 on rare occasions.

That's awesome you have 3 printers. That is what I aim to quit growing for. I only have a little bullshit Tevo Tarantula, but with it have printed a Hypercube Evo (yet to be assembled) and an MPCNC (already assembled). To my knowledge, there are no local 3D Hubs in my area and believe I would be the first up to bat and want to focus on building 3D machines and other doo dads, maybe yardBots and such. By tomorrow, I will have my RC lawnmower built and I so look forward to cutting the grass via an RC remote. I like building things and growing has just become too stagnant for me. I hardly ever smoke anymore, so the want to provide for my needs is all but gone. At any rate, I have quite a few designs on that account for the grow room, but those pump mods are my pride and joy! SOOO functional!!!

Been so busy...

Just got the new 5 stage RO filter installed.
Did the 15min flush on the first 3 pre-filters
and that took it from 320ppm to 175ppm.
I think that's good so far. Good to know that
the RO membrane is dealing with 175ppm.
Soon I'll put another pre-filter ahead of it all.
Should I get a whole-house filter or an extra
stage canister with a specific type filter?

Back soon with final results...

Whatever you choose as a prefilter, just know that it's sole purpose in life is to take the brunt of the damage so regardless which model you choose, it likely will not survive as long as advertised because 300+ ppm is some hard ass water IMO. That said, get a model you find to be cheap and one that HD keeps replacement filters on hand for.

Ok, RO filter installed, pre-filters flushed, RO
membrane flushed, tank flushed. Had a leak
at the tank, more plumbers tape, fixed. Now
testing @ 17ppm. I'm pretty happy with that.
Still have to put a pre-filter ahead of it though,
that'll happen in a few days. I need a break.
:ganjamon:

That's much better! If your RO had a DI stage, you could get it to true zero, but I discontinued my DI stage as I found my nutes were harder to stabilize the PH when beginning with zero ppm. I've actually been considering reconnecting it to see if that still holds true for me as I am way more experienced in everything now. But without the DI, my starting number is 13-15 TDS which is not bad at all. I would say anything less than 40 is good.

@Skybound you think I should get .5 micron sediment
or .5 micron carbon block?

Anyone is welcome to answer...

IDK the exact difference but once serviced a staged sediment filter at a small water treatment plant (in the state pen) which essentially is just a series of chambers that filtered the water using specifically sized stones > gravel > sand in a gradually reduced size to where the smallest particles where held from flowing out by the larger particles/stones.

If I had to guess, carbon block are just carbon "blocks" arranged into something of a mesh that allowed water to flow past/through it's lattice w/o breaking it down and flowing out the particles which then would effectively filter the water and achieve the same end result. I doubt the difference between would be substantial and it would just then boil down to the micron size more than anything.

Ok, I have a few posts to do, pics... more pics!

But first!

So, I'm chill'n in the grow area,
got my phone, as always, playing
TheDudeGrows podcast on YouTube,
got "Grow Talk #562" from Feb.13,2018....

And I hear them say @Pennywise !!

I love listening to those shows,
so excited to hear PW on a show!
He was first up and they showed
a pic of his Beautiful 42 Day Nug
On his new phone, under a HLG 550.

Respect to :adore: PennyWise
So happy to have your eye on my journals
I'll try to make ya proud...
:snowboating:

So, I changed my ventilation setup...

Previously, I had a 4in 200cfm pushed exhaust from the Bloom
side of the tent. Had a 4in duct connecting the 2 sides of the tent.
Had 1 extra 4in passive intake on Bloom side. This resulted in way
more tent suction than I was willing to accept!
Then I got a 4in booster fan for the duct connecting the 2 sides.
The addition of the booster appeared to do nothing. Grrrr...

So, I ordered 6in duct and a 6in 188cfm booster fan.
I used the 6in duct and 6in booster for intake to the Bloom side.
Got rid of the connection between the 2 sides and used that 4in
piece with the booster for the solo exhaust on the Veg side.
Still have a 4in duct passive intake on the bloom side that leads
to the back corner. Everything is running beautifully and no more
tent suction, it's near neutral now. Now the Veg side has it's own
4in exhaust and passive intake. I think that's better because the 2
sides shouldn't be sharing the same humidity level.
Another step closer to my personal setup Nirvana.

:thumb:

Less suction "may" become a liability in the hotter months as heat can build quickly unless the air is actively cooled of course.

Back
Top Bottom