Hi im paddy

Well hello 420 I hope I get the help I need.

I have a 4x4 loft tent and have a 6inch twin fan for my outlet. And I have a 4inch for intake connected to a vented roof tile 4 best fresh air Coming in. And also have them hooked up to a fan controller speed box.

And I also have a Swiftair 720w ApolloEXB LED Fixture Grow Light Full Spectrum Hydroponics.

Now this is where I'm confused because I'm going to do mine in soil. And fabric pots but don't no best size pots to get for size of tent. ? People say 16litre pots are best.? But would like to be told by a actual grower wot best pot size to get for my tent and so there got enough room and stuff. Between each plant.

And I'm also going to be getting a apera ph pen but confused on wich be best to get. The ph20 pen or the ph60 pen???

And then as soon as I get the right info il be asking for help on next stage.

But this is we're I'm struggling at moment.

Thank u to u all for help if u help.

Welcome to 420 Magazine @padzgreen

I see you are a like confused, that is normal first starting out. Four a 4x4 tent 4-5 gallon/ 4- 16 lite pots work very well, it's what I use.
What nutrient line are you planning of using?

Here's some helpful info: Welcome New Members - Please Read Before Posting

Here is some information if you would like to start a grow journal How to Make a Grow Journal

If you want to see want other growers are doing, here's that link.

This is where you place your grow journal.

Journals in Progress: Current and Ongoing

And, after you have over 50 posts you can vote and enter our contests to win free grow stuff from our sponsors.

420 Contests: Win Cool 420 Prizes

Stay safe, and grow well my friend,

Tok.. :bong:

Also, we now have a Fungi section if you would like to grow mushrooms.

All good brother, and nice asking questions before getting started.

I run a 4x4 tent too bud 👍 I run a 6" exhaust but no intake fan. I used to run a intake but it was just in the way more then anything.

Where abouts are you? If you pump air straight into your tent from the roof you'll have no control over your temperature. The best way is to pull air in from the room the tent is in (lung room) then pump the air outside or to another room not the lung room that's how I get better control.

Your light sounds great 👍 you'll probably only use just over half the power but should be great coverage.

16L post sound good for soil dependent on how many plants your going to run. If it was one plant I'd go bigger but 4 plants in Should be fine 👍

I'm not familiar with this pens bud I use Bluelab but can have a check 👍

All good brother, and nice asking questions before getting started.

I run a 4x4 tent too bud 👍 I run a 6" exhaust but no intake fan. I used to run a intake but it was just in the way more then anything.

Where abouts are you? If you pump air straight into your tent from the roof you'll have no control over your temperature. The best way is to pull air in from the room the tent is in (lung room) then pump the air outside or to another room not the lung room that's how I get better control.

Your light sounds great 👍 you'll probably only use just over half the power but should be great coverage.

16L post sound good for soil dependent on how many plants your going to run. If it was one plant I'd go bigger but 4 plants in Should be fine 👍

I'm not familiar with this pens bud I use Bluelab but can have a check 👍
Hi greenvien pal thanks getting bk to me so u see that we have same size tent don't no if yours is a loft one but mine is. So it's not a squared one it's like a hexagon shape at top.
Now greenvien pal u see abt the intake fan system I've said ive got. I've not actually bought the tile for roof yet but was going to Monday pal.
But I was told that all I have to do is hook up a filter to fan 4 intake and leave that outside tent. but I was thinking in my own head all that dirty clogy air in roof would do damage to plants. That's y I was going off to get a roof tile vent. Wot u think I should do just hook up fan and filter. Or go off get roof tile. Because if fan filter thing works il give it try.
And saving ££ as roof tile vents are expensive tuckers.
And I'm going to be doing 4 16 litre fabric pots and I'm using canna feed and il also be doing autoflower pal.

Scottish? 😂 I'm UK and just guessing lol.
My tent is standard shape but I half built a loft space last year, plans changed so never tried growing in one before. If the temperature up there is stable it should be fine but you still want to exchange air. what I done was have a filter connected to the intake fan with some duct so I could move it around.. like for fresh air it could be left by the eaves.

My tent is standard shape but I half built a loft space last year, plans changed so never tried growing in one before. If the temperature up there is stable it should be fine but you still want to exchange air. what I done was have a filter connected to the intake fan with some duct so I could move it around.. like for fresh air it could be left by the eaves

My tent is standard shape but I half built a loft space last year, plans changed so never tried growing in one before. If the temperature up there is stable it should be fine but you still want to exchange air. what I done was have a filter connected to the intake fan with some duct so I could move it around.. like for fresh air it could be left by the eaves.
Wot u mean by eaves greenvien pal.?

I've got a bug net covering ducting at the end of pipe that goes into tent so wot u saying give it a try and just keep filter In coolest area In roof. And see how I go.?

I'm live coventry so we're in the same air atmosphere lol.
But greenvien how u do ur plant hydro or soil pal.

Eaves is where is where the roof over hangs the walls of the house it's usually vented right in the corner👍

Ok if your just going with a bug net over the intake pipe that should keep some crap out too. When I said filter I was referring to a intake filter where this bug net is.

Where is your exhaust filter going to dump the air? This has to be a different space to the loft otherwise you will have zero air exchange.

I grow in Coco so it's like soil but hydro

Eaves is where is where the roof over hangs the walls of the house it's usually vented right in the corner👍

Ok if your just going with a bug net over the intake pipe that should keep some crap out too. When I said filter I was referring to a intake filter where this bug net is.

Where is your exhaust filter going to dump the air? This has to be a different space to the loft otherwise you will have zero air exchange.

I grow in Coco so it's like soil but hydro
I live in a bungalow with ma. She's disabled pal.
And when I said abt the intake pipe.?

Wot I got told to do was put my 4inch fan onto the filter wich is a carbon 1.
and then put the ducting pipe On to fan and feed it into tent and then at the end of ducting that is in the tent I put bug net cover over it.

And my outlet fan and filter is inside tent at the top of tent above light Wen put light up lol.But I have the ducting pipe connected to a ridge roof tile vent.
i just wanna get my ventilation air system lovely greenvien pal As I've heard that's 1 of the main things. In growing bud pal.

So wot kind of help could u help me with pal I live in UK and do u much about soil and stuff.
Cool, is it really cold over there? Im from Australia, Yep, I've grown heaps in soil, not for while, just about to start another grow myself. If you need any advice with deficiencies, nutrients, watering, any problems you run into along the way, I could give some advice there

Cool, is it really cold over there? Im from Australia, Yep, I've grown heaps in soil, not for while, just about to start another grow myself. If you need any advice with deficiencies, nutrients, watering, any problems you run into along the way, I could give some advice there
It's not like ur weather. Lol it's shit over here pal but cool most the time.

So tassie pal I'm using canna plus soil but I've heard I should mix my soil with this perlite stuff so soil can breath more in pots And people also have been telling me to put a layer of hydro coco balls at bottom of my fabric pots b4 I put soil in. And I'm doing autoflower so I'm only using canna A&B FEED.

I live in a bungalow with ma. She's disabled pal.
And when I said abt the intake pipe.?

Wot I got told to do was put my 4inch fan onto the filter wich is a carbon 1.
and then put the ducting pipe On to fan and feed it into tent and then at the end of ducting that is in the tent I put bug net cover over it.

And my outlet fan and filter is inside tent at the top of tent above light Wen put light up lol.But I have the ducting pipe connected to a ridge roof tile vent.
i just wanna get my ventilation air system lovely greenvien pal As I've heard that's 1 of the main things. In growing bud pal.
?

Back
Top Bottom