Hello Everybody From Northern Minnesota

The trio. WWA from CK
IMG_20180629_080343359_HDR.jpg

M-H reflector series 96 18/6 grow hours.
M-H 28x28x5' tent, big mistake! Should have gotten the next size up.
@SmokeSara , it would be kinda cool if this site had a M-H classified.

Humidity is not my friend, no A/C!
Vented out the top 6" to a window exit. Box fan blowing into the bottom get.
Budget grow, any suggestions?
IMG_20180629_081310806.jpg

Humidity is not my friend, no A/C!
Vented out the top 6" to a window exit. Box fan blowing into the bottom get.
Budget grow, any suggestions?

The humidity is fine during veg stage. The more the better from what I understand. During bloom you don't want to get mold on the buds so you have to be careful at that stage. I could tell you that with the MH lights I use the humidity is a lot lower, plus I have a larger tent. I couldn't offer suggestions but I believe your humidity is fine for now. Just keep lots of air circulating inside.

The humidity is fine during veg stage. The more the better from what I understand. During bloom you don't want to get mold on the buds so you have to be careful at that stage. I could tell you that with the MH lights I use the humidity is a lot lower, plus I have a larger tent. I couldn't offer suggestions but I believe your humidity is fine for now. Just keep lots of air circulating inside.
Thank you for your response.
I think I need the next size up tent. I wish M-H had a classified section here on 420.

I wish M-H had a classified section here on 420

not sure of M-H, the MH I was referring to was the Mercury Halide bulb, lots of heat and it eats up the humidity by design. I'll switch to HPS during bloom. Sorry if I misunderstand what you mean.

Do you have any oscillating fans inside? I couldn't see with the pics. That will help and also firm up the stems during growth.

Sure do. I think this tent needs a 6" bottom intake with pull strings, just the one above and sides. It's hard to get enough air forced into the bottom without the fan blowing over backwards. Just a future suggestion, @SmokeSara .
IMG_20180629_105716.jpg

not sure of M-H, the MH I was referring to was the Mercury Halide bulb, lots of heat and it eats up the humidity by design. I'll switch to HPS during bloom. Sorry if I misunderstand what you mean.
M-H = Mars-Hydro brand name. Sorry, just cutting corners again.

Do you have any oscillating fans inside? I couldn't see with the pics. That will help and also firm up the stems during growth.
Thanks, going to put a clip on fan on the inside.
Gosh, I love this website!:thumb:

Sure do. I think this tent needs a 6" bottom intake with pull strings, just the one above and sides. It's hard to get enough air forced into the bottom without the fan blowing over backwards. Just a future suggestion, @SmokeSara .

Can you run your 6" flex duct from the side down to the floor and install a booster fan in the 6" duct with variable speed? The fan will boost the air flow into the tent and is typically under 40 bux CDN. You can search Zon for several options. Just a thought.

Can you run your 6" flex duct from the side down to the floor and install a booster fan in the 6" duct with variable speed? The fan will boost the air flow into the tent and is typically under 40 bux CDN. You can search Zon for several options. Just a thought.
Excellent idea, I'm going to check out eBay.

One more tip I learned is always read the temps and humidty at plant level. As you drop your lights closer the humidity drops as well. The LED's should be able to go low without damage to the plant. Always check the arm burn test and keep an eye for heat stress anytime you lower your lights.

It's warm and a Brite overcast outside, kinda of thinking of kicking them out for a while. What do you think?

I wouldn't, too much stress on the plants going inside then out, then back to inside. Mine were a little stressed when I started out and was forced to go inside. Leave them in, add some good circulation so you see the leaves move in the breeze and keep your lights going 18/6. That's my best advice.

I just ran out and swiped my inside windshield reflector from my truck.
Opened the door and stuck in it for a reflector, this brought the temperature and humidity down a bit.
Maybe it will by time until the new 6" inline fan comes.
IMG_20180629_111120.jpg

I wouldn't, too much stress on the plants going inside then out, then back to inside. Mine were a little stressed when I started out and was forced to go inside. Leave them in, add some good circulation so you see the leaves move in the breeze and keep your lights going 18/6. That's my best advice.
Got it, thank you.

One more tip I learned is always read the temps and humidty at plant level. As you drop your lights closer the humidity drops as well. The LED's should be able to go low without damage to the plant. Always check the arm burn test and keep an eye for heat stress anytime you lower your lights.
As far as the night, I as just going by the manufacturer suggested height range for seedings. 24"-30" mine are at 27".

As far as the night, I as just going by the manufacturer suggested height range for seedings. 24"-30" mine are at 27"
I guess it's a personal thing. If the plants are doing fine then to me I get them as close as possible. Your distance is fine. I have the WW fems and have my lights 20" above the canopy. That seems to be the best for them under my conditions.

I guess it's a personal thing. If the plants are doing fine then to me I get them as close as possible. Your distance is fine. I have the WW fems and have my lights 20" above the canopy. That seems to be the best for them under my conditions.
Thanks, I think I will go from 27" to 24" and see how they like it. If so, I'll try another couple of inches and watch very closely.
I appreciate your taking the time to help also.
Thanks,:thumb:

Your humidity is rocking right now. The spike up to the high end of your humidity range probably comes when the lights are out. Which is still ok for seedlings and early veg. But MrSauga is right on when speaking of the mold possibilities once you enter flower. You may want to consider a dehumidifier in the room you are drawing air from.

As far as the fans go...do you currently have an in-line fan pulling air from the top of the tent?

Back
Top Bottom