GuardianRager's First Grow RQS Autos LED Soil Grow Journal 2024

GuardianRager

420 Member
Hello fellow cultivators. :ciao:

After months of researching and reading journals I decided to start one myself to document the experience and hopefully get some help along the way to avoid the potholes and learn from all of you vets here. Stand on the shoulders of giants, etc etc.

I chose to go with @Royal Queen Seeds. Why because they had a sale going on and I enjoyed reading a lot of the their articles which appear very informative and insightful.

I have
Northern Light Auto
Hulk Berry Auto
Sherbet Queen Auto

Also got OG Kush I want to use as a Mother when I learn more
and some Purple Queen cause she looks gorgeous but that's for another time.

So far I think I'm going to use @Bill284 's method of Solo Cupping and follow that into some 5 gallon fabric pots filled with Fox Farms Ocean Forest cut with Fox Farms Happy Frog and Perlite.
My local place sells Fox Farms really cheap, like half what they go for on Amazon so I couldn't in good conscience pass it up for this first go round. The plan was to create my living soil using my compost pile and coco coir and all those amendments bat guano, rock phosphate , l,m,n,o,p....till my head looked like one of those memes doing calculations. Then it hit me. Form a base line. Make changes as needed. I want to go all organic and sustainable as possible. I wish I could just use what I have here on the farm but I want to not totally fail so I'm hedging my bets.
Going back and forth over a 5x5 tent setup for now or building the addition in the house which would only be adding two walls to a back room. One wall would be exterior facing the rising sun, the rest would be internal. The price for both are about the same minus my time. Haven't decided on lights but not gonna cheap out on them.
Honestly I would love to just get the AC Infinity Lab 5x5 grow setup which is about $1499 on Amazon but Good Lord That's A Lot Of Money and I don't even know if its worth it yet but I like the integration, style and VPD control they have plus all the stuff stacks up as far as numbers with everything I've seen elsewhere and hey no one is sponsoring this noob. (Yet:high-five:)
Definitely leaning towards LED with the Samsung something something EVO chip, circuit, Skynet AI stuff so they get plenty of light.
From what I've seen autos don't need much in the way of nutes and I want to avoid them anyway. Focusing on healthy soil. Going to plant some local wild onions in there based on something I read here (will tag when I find it again). Using a Blumat drip irrigation system. So far that's where I'm at.
Thoughts, Comments, Recommendations, are all welcome.
Just realized all the cool sign-offs have probably been used so I'll just say
:peacetwo:

Can't wait to see your grow, sounds like a solid plan so far......I hear the AC Infinity are nice but pricey......just price and piece out similar but don't skimp on lighting....im a cheap.ass so have no recommendations on proper lighting as well as I'm an old school HID guy, just getting ready to dive into LED

I'm was always over thinking my indoor setups so much I would run a method 2 or 3 times.and disassemble and reconstruct with a new method, all had their pros and cons, but never did I ever dial in until soil grows indoors and a cut of grape.ape that freaking rocked , that's the last I grew inside and went to greenhouse and outdoor, and now I find myself wanting to.delve back into.year round fun!!!! I will be watching everyone closely as I start my adventures once again

Hello fellow cultivators. :ciao:

After months of researching and reading journals I decided to start one myself to document the experience and hopefully get some help along the way to avoid the potholes and learn from all of you vets here. Stand on the shoulders of giants, etc etc.

I chose to go with @Royal Queen Seeds. Why because they had a sale going on and I enjoyed reading a lot of the their articles which appear very informative and insightful.

I have
Northern Light Auto
Hulk Berry Auto
Sherbet Queen Auto

Also got OG Kush I want to use as a Mother when I learn more
and some Purple Queen cause she looks gorgeous but that's for another time.

So far I think I'm going to use @Bill284 's method of Solo Cupping and follow that into some 5 gallon fabric pots filled with Fox Farms Ocean Forest cut with Fox Farms Happy Frog and Perlite.
My local place sells Fox Farms really cheap, like half what they go for on Amazon so I couldn't in good conscience pass it up for this first go round. The plan was to create my living soil using my compost pile and coco coir and all those amendments bat guano, rock phosphate , l,m,n,o,p....till my head looked like one of those memes doing calculations. Then it hit me. Form a base line. Make changes as needed. I want to go all organic and sustainable as possible. I wish I could just use what I have here on the farm but I want to not totally fail so I'm hedging my bets.
Going back and forth over a 5x5 tent setup for now or building the addition in the house which would only be adding two walls to a back room. One wall would be exterior facing the rising sun, the rest would be internal. The price for both are about the same minus my time. Haven't decided on lights but not gonna cheap out on them.
Honestly I would love to just get the AC Infinity Lab 5x5 grow setup which is about $1499 on Amazon but Good Lord That's A Lot Of Money and I don't even know if its worth it yet but I like the integration, style and VPD control they have plus all the stuff stacks up as far as numbers with everything I've seen elsewhere and hey no one is sponsoring this noob. (Yet:high-five:)
Definitely leaning towards LED with the Samsung something something EVO chip, circuit, Skynet AI stuff so they get plenty of light.
From what I've seen autos don't need much in the way of nutes and I want to avoid them anyway. Focusing on healthy soil. Going to plant some local wild onions in there based on something I read here (will tag when I find it again). Using a Blumat drip irrigation system. So far that's where I'm at.
Thoughts, Comments, Recommendations, are all welcome.
Just realized all the cool sign-offs have probably been used so I'll just say
:peacetwo:
Welcome Brother :welcome:
I’m so happy with my VS650 and Grow Hub system.
Did you see my VIVOHUT?
Great equipment and excellent price at @VIVOSUN

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

Welcome Brother :welcome:
I’m so happy with my VS650 and Grow Hub system.
Did you see my VIVOHUT?
Great equipment and excellent price at @VIVOSUN

Stay safe
Bill284 😎
Thanks Buddy. I’ve definitely checked out your setup. It has been inspiring mine. I was leaning toward the Vivosun setup at first but they for some strange reason do not offer a 5x5 tent. I could just be over looking it but I’ve searched hi and low and nope. I like the integrated control they have as well. It may just be marketing lingo but the VPD control aspect seems useful with AC Infinity’s controller. (Shrugs) Time will tell. I pulled the trigger last night and got 25% on the river(Amazon) pictures coming soon.

Thanks Buddy. I’ve definitely checked out your setup. It has been inspiring mine. I was leaning toward the Vivosun setup at first but they for some strange reason do not offer a 5x5 tent. I could just be over looking it but I’ve searched hi and low and nope. I like the integrated control they have as well. It may just be marketing lingo but the VPD control aspect seems useful with AC Infinity’s controller. (Shrugs) Time will tell. I pulled the trigger last night and got 25% on the river(Amazon) pictures coming soon.
WooHoo :woohoo::yahoo::theband:

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

Back
Top Bottom