Groovers Ganjalicious Grow From Go to Whoa

Re: Groovers Ganjalicious Grow from Go to Whoa.

Thanks for reminding me Slappy. I've been a bit slack lately (damn hash). I'm gonna get stuck into it tomorrow which is now today because it's now
12.30pm.LOL I've been busy as hell. I had to re-upholster a tub chair for my Mum. I've also been painting her house, re-upholstering a 1968 E-type Jaguar convertible for a mate of my Dad's and last week I had to fit a new engine to a historic racecar. It doesn't stop brother. I'm waiting on parts for the Jag so have a few days to dedicate to getting my new bedroom and the grow cab finished. If the plants outrun me I'm sure I can find somewhere for em.lol:peace:
Here's a pic of the haze babies. GROW MAN GROW.
my_stuff_0022.jpg

I alway fuck with em and help the seed shell off. I then help remove the little protective membrane thingy(mental blank) the next day. If neither come off easy I don't force them. I put a drop of water directly on the seed or membrane to help soften and try again later. I find a tooth pick is the best tool and for fuck sake BE GENTLE.:peace:

Ok. So the thai haze x skunk babies are coming along. I usually put out in the sun and bring em in of an evening. It's been wet and really overcast. I have been out all day and the two that popped 1st have stretched like a mother. They are about 2.5-3in tall. I have put em under a 6500k 125w CFL and given em a very light feed. I mixed a litre of r/o water with Seaweed juice(seasol) 2.5ml, Rootzone accelerant 1 drop. Cyco B1 Boost 2.5ml (similar to superthrive but not as concentrated). It's ec was 0.37 or 260ppm.
That should give em a kick up the guts.
Here's a pic showin the stretch. At least they're keen to grow>:grinjoint:
my_stuff_0032.jpg

Ya Groover they sure do want to grow. How close are you able to get the lights? As you know the closer the better and, depending on the genetics, the closer you can get the lights the more you can control the stretch (to some extent). Keep up the good work.

Whoa thats alot of strech you got there ! Looks like you got more strech there than i've got total heigth of mine. I'd look into getting the ligth alot closer.

Otherwise, i'll be looking forward to seeing your resaults:popcorn:

Ok. So the thai haze x skunk babies are coming along. I usually put out in the sun and bring em in of an evening. It's been wet and really overcast. I have been out all day and the two that popped 1st have stretched like a mother. They are about 2.5-3in tall. I have put em under a 6500k 125w CFL and given em a very light feed. I mixed a litre of r/o water with Seaweed juice(seasol) 2.5ml, Rootzone accelerant 1 drop. Cyco B1 Boost 2.5ml (similar to superthrive but not as concentrated). It's ec was 0.37 or 260ppm.
That should give em a kick up the guts.
Here's a pic showin the stretch. At least they're keen to grow>:grinjoint:
my_stuff_0032.jpg

Hi again groover Just the sound of thai haze x skunk make me want try em. Lived a year in Thailand long ago and had a blast. lived like a king (well a modest King) back then. Was a crazy place. Wine, women, and weed.

Those sprouts aren't stretching, they are screaming for light. :grinjoint:
Those young ladies look great and healthy. And as you said they look keen to grow. They will do you well. :ganjamon:

Ya Groover they sure do want to grow. How close are you able to get the lights? As you know the closer the better and, depending on the genetics, the closer you can get the lights the more you can control the stretch (to some extent). Keep up the good work.
I think an inch is close enough dont wanna toast em.

Whoa thats alot of strech you got there ! Looks like you got more strech there than i've got total heigth of mine. I'd look into getting the ligth alot closer.

Otherwise, i'll be looking forward to seeing your resaults:popcorn:
More stretch than a 3 legged emu there brother.

Hi again groover Just the sound of thai haze x skunk make me want try em. Lived a year in Thailand long ago and had a blast. lived like a king (well a modest King) back then. Was a crazy place. Wine, women, and weed.

Those sprouts aren't stretching, they are screaming for light. :grinjoint:
Those young ladies look great and healthy. And as you said they look keen to grow. They will do you well. :ganjamon:
I've got em an inch from the lights so that should fix the stretch. I got an oscillating fan pumpin em 24/0 to thicken em up a bit.

Old Med Mate, Thailand what a place. I spent 2 weeks there when I was about 20. It's a nutty place man. The mushroom shake was great. I rooted myself inside out bro. The ole Thai Whisky is a bit HARSH:rofl:
Some of the Islands are fantastic Ko Pang Yang and Ko Sa Mui. :peace:

A quick question for all. I just got an email from the guy i get my equipment off telling me he now has Monster 250W CFL's. Twice as strong as mine. If I run two of em that is 500w combined. Should i get em or get a 400-600w digital HPS/MH or an LED panel or the 250w CFL's.
Oh god now thats got me thinkin about separate veg & bloom areas

A quick question for all. I just got an email from the guy i get my equipment off telling me he now has Monster 250W CFL's. Twice as strong as mine. If I run two of em that is 500w combined. Should i get em or get a 400-600w digital HPS/MH or an LED panel or the 250w CFL's.
Oh god now thats got me thinkin about separate veg & bloom areas

I say it all depends on how hard/easy it is for you to get rid of heat. If heat is an issue then maybe the CFL's would be better for ya, but if not then I think the 400watt HID's would get more bang for your buck.

:peace:

Old Med Mate, Thailand what a place. I spent 2 weeks there when I was about 20. It's a nutty place man. The mushroom shake was great. I rooted myself inside out bro. The ole Thai Whisky is a bit HARSH
Some of the Islands are fantastic Ko Pang Yang and Ko Sa Mui.

Mate you rang some bells in my mind.:grinjoint:
The islands are/were awesome. Not sure whats it like after the big tsunami hit them a year or so ago.
That Thai whisky isn't to drink mate.:ganjamon: After you rooted, you use it make sure that you didn't catch anything. Burns like hell, but did the job,
never caught anything.:rofl::hippy::rofl::hippy::rofl:

That Thai whisky isn't to drink mate.:ganjamon: After you rooted, you use it make sure that you didn't catch anything. Burns like hell, but did the job,
never caught anything.:rofl::hippy::rofl::hippy::rofl:
Someone could have told me:rofl:

400 watt forsure..the only thing is do you have the fan power to get the heat outa your room?
I got a 6in inline duct fan and the new grow cab is being built in an airconditioned room so i can get plenty of cool air in and i was just thinking of putting a wall/ceiling fan or high powered little fart fan in the top/back o the cab to get the hot air out. I think i'll have to run the lights at night in summer to get a better temperature differential. It can reach over 110F outside, here in the summer. Then again maybe with the aircon it would be OK. I'm just thinkin out loud here so let me know what you think. I still haven't outruled
Electrodeless Frequency Discharge Lamps. Check out 420 sponsor Envirotech Lighting if you haven't seen em.:peace:

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL. All you groovy guys & girls quite often make my day. Here's to a wonderful 2010.:thanks::peace::ganjamon:

yeah i feel you on the high temps..A portable a/c can fix that..
I am thinking it will be OK if air intake for cupboard is from the airconed room.
The room is only 5mx3m or about 16&1/2ft by just under 9ft. The aircon is 2.4 kW and its like a freakin cool room in there when its on "full noise", even on the really hot days. I insulated before I lined the walls/ceiling etc. I think I am gonna go for a cooltube 6in dia by 400-600mm or 16in to 24in in length. I will either get a super cheap 400W-600W mag coil type ballast as a throw away or I may spend the extra $$ and get a C.A.P. Nextgen 400W/600W switchable digital electronic ballast they look pretty damn awesome and the specs are pretty impressive. A bit expensive but I haven't invoiced my restoration work on the E-Type yet.:rofl: I think it needs a ballast to bring it up to meet modern fuel emission regs:rofl::rofl::rofl:
I have a question. Butcher you may know or anyone else for that matter
If my cab is gonna be roughly Height = 1.6M x width 1.0M x depth 0.7M
Area = 1.12 sqM. Do you think a 250W HID would cover it. I was under the impression that they will only do 0.9 sqM tops. A 600W may be a bit much and a 400 just right but if I expand later down the track I think the 600W would come in a lot more handy. If I get the Nextgen I could run it at 400W in summer and ramp it up to 600W in the cool winter months.
I remember when I 1st did hydro almost 20 yrs ago all you could get was mag coil ballast and I didn't have to make so many tough decisions.
It sure is a buyers market these days. I am still thinkin about EFDL's or LED but would rather buy locally and can't track down what I want here downunder. I know I can get the results I am after with HID and I am not really too impressed with the performance of the 125W CFL's in flowering so far. They seem great for propagation, veg growth & the 14000kelvin CFL's are great for keeping mothers. IMHO they just dont have the necessary qualities to penetrate a thick canopy during flowering. I want my cupboard bulging at the seams with thick dense lush FULL growth.
Anyways here is a picture of the thai haze x skunk babies taken 1/1/10 at 11.30pm. 10 days since I started germination.:peace:
my_stuff_0011.jpg

I think the stretch will be OK once I put em into the netpots with some clay balls.(I have always thought Clayton Balls would be a goog alter ego :rofl:)
I should put the power bill in that name.:rofl::rofl::rofl:

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL. All you groovy guys & girls quite often make my day. Here's to a wonderful 2010.:thanks::peace::ganjamon:

A Hap-Hap-Happy New Year to you and the rest of the motley crew as well Groover ! :cheer: :bong: :peace:

:thanks:Grooster. Glad you like the hash making. It's a pretty simple process. Anyone with enough sense to grow shouldn't have any problems.
DEFINATELY WITH YOUR SMALL SCALE GROW(you've seen the size o my last grow)
WE ONLY USED 1/3 TO 1/2 A GROCERY BAG OF REALLY SHITTY TRIM.(very average weed)
GOOD BUD TRIM WOULD BE EVEN LESS.(especially a nice trichy strain)
It's a 4 bag kit ie: 220mic workbag (blue)
160mic contaminate removal bag (red)
73mic crystal collection bag (gold) B grade
25mic crystal collection bag (purple) A grade

It's a 5 gallon or 20 litre(the proper spelling :rofl:) kit which can process up to
200g(dry weight) A grocery bag.
A 1 gallon or 4litre kit is also available which may suit you better. It can process 56g(dry) or enough to fill both hands.

I wouldn't bother with a 3 bag kit it has no red bag so your b grade ends up with lots of crap in it. I don't see the need for the 8 bag kit. Why do you need 6 grades of hash?? Hope this info helps you and anyone else.
GET SOME HASHBAGS PEOPLE:grinjoint::peace:

Thanks for the hash making tip, I will be making hash this time around. I usually throw away the trim so much of it. Do you put everything into 5gallon bucket stems,fan leaves, and trim?

Thanks for the hash making tip, I will be making hash this time around. I usually throw away the trim so much of it. Do you put everything into 5gallon bucket stems,fan leaves, and trim?

Yup the lot brother chuck it all in chop up the stems/trunks. Use fresh or dried. I freeze my trim when green & throw it all in. You can see pretty detailed instructions at the bubblebag or bubbleman sites.

A Hap-Hap-Happy New Year to you and the rest of the motley crew as well Groover ! :cheer: :bong: :peace:
Cheers Labrat may 2010 bring you thick solid buds.

OK groovers, so its been raining since Christmas day and I'm pissed off because I have not been able to go and get the timber and stuff I need to finish the cupboard. GRRRRR.
There was a thumpin storm today so I brought the outdoories inside to dry out a bit. Here's a couple o pics to show their progress.
my_stuff_0033.jpg

my_stuff_0023.jpg

I'll stick em out the back again in the morning.:grinjoint::peace:

OK groovers, so its been raining since Christmas day and I'm pissed off because I have not been able to go and get the timber and stuff I need to finish the cupboard. GRRRRR.
There was a thumpin storm today so I brought the outdoories inside to dry out a bit. Here's a couple o pics to show their progress.
my_stuff_0033.jpg

my_stuff_0023.jpg

I'll stick em out the back again in the morning.:grinjoint::peace:

Well this groover thinks those plants are beautiful :surf:

Glad you moved out of Bumf*ck, sounded like a bad place to me. :smokin:

Back
Top Bottom