Graytail's 4th Perpetual: 4x4 Samsung Panels

What smells are you getting off her Gray?

Y Griega doesn't have much for terps. I've grown this one, and one from a few years ago. The first one was much more potent - in the mid-20%. This one is closer to 20. But they both had that mild sativa smell - some sort of fresh green herb - no spice or dankness, just fresh green, probably beta-ocimene.

Really nice pictures of really beautiful plants.
Thanks Graytail.

Congrats on the harvest Gray!! Beautiful plant. What's she smell like?

I've described it as mulled plum. It's grapey but with a dankness behind it.

Dank purple fruit. Anyone remember canned plums from the 60s?

Nice looking buds there Gray!

I'm getting ready to add more lighting and was wondering, are you running strickly 4k, or do you have some lower range ones in flower as well? I think I have 2 4k and a 3k in my flower at the moment (I ordered the wrong ones) I'm thinking about moving the 3k ones into veg and replacing plus adding another two of the 4k to my flower, but I was wondering if they would do better mixed. Maybe 4 of each instead of 8 of the 4k ones. Thoughts?

Nice looking buds there Gray!

I'm getting ready to add more lighting and was wondering, are you running strickly 4k, or do you have some lower range ones in flower as well? I think I have 2 4k and a 3k in my flower at the moment (I ordered the wrong ones) I'm thinking about moving the 3k ones into veg and replacing plus adding another two of the 4k to my flower, but I was wondering if they would do better mixed. Maybe 4 of each instead of 8 of the 4k ones. Thoughts?

I run all 3000K in bloom and 4000K in veg. I've always poopooed spectrum tinkering, because I doubt many of us have optimized our lighting to the point where that would be a significant advantage. Growth rates would probably change with some extra red in bloom or blue in veg, but I have plenty of time to grow them.

It seems to me that you have it backwards. More blue should get better veg growth and more red for bloom. No?

I run all 3000K in bloom and 4000K in veg. I've always poopooed spectrum tinkering, because I doubt many of us have optimized our lighting to the point where that would be a significant advantage. Growth rates would probably change with some extra red in bloom or blue in veg, but I have plenty of time to grow them.

It seems to me that you have it backwards. More blue should get better veg growth and more red for bloom. No?
Maybe I have that backwards. I'll need to check when I get home.

That reminds me ...

All my plants were able to run extremely long this time - in some cases, 3 extra weeks. Sup wit dat? :hmmmm: Anyone have ideas/knowledge?

I took lousy care of them this time, too. I let them go dry, I paid no real attention to a feeding schedule - totally neglected them. I'm into 3rd run, too, so the soil was iffy the whole time. The fans, of course, went mottled and yellow and dried up. Temps ran in the high 70s, RH in the 40-50s.

But they all went into a second bloom with ease. The sativas foxtailed like mad and the hybrids grew little fatties, with everyone happily throwing out new white pistils. And they just didn't stop doing it - no real pause. Trichs didn't cloud up or turn amber. I'd just check 'em every few days and they weren't slowing down - chug chug chug, new pistils, new calyxes, new frost ...

When I harvested, I got far more weight than I estimated. The flowers are not nugs. :laughtwo: They're knarly, thick masses of short foxtails (with the exception of Destroyer). The smoke isn't any thicker or any more sedative than earlier runs. It doesn't seem to be missing anything, potency seems better, terps might be down a bit ... :hmmmm:

Any thoughts?

Back
Top Bottom