Granny420's First SoG Using Seeds, Soil And HPS Lights

The kids are looking sassy Granny! Nice and green, and growing. They are staying away from stretching too, from what I can see. đź’ž đź’ž
:thanks: Lady :high-five: These lights are amazing. I have them on 18/6 at 30% (edit: 1 light is 20% and 1 light is 40%) and both are 12” above the plant tops below them, and it seems to be working. Gotta give the props to Viparspectra lights and all of your journals using and reviewing them! You all definitely made buying them an easier decision. They run so COOL. Yes, amazing when my grows we’re always HPS and they run so frickin HOT! 🔥
:hug::hug::hug:đź’—

:thanks: Lady :high-five: These lights are amazing. I have them on 18/6 at 30% (edit: 1 light is 20% and 1 light is 40%) and both are 12” above the plant tops below them, and it seems to be working. Gotta give the props to Viparspectra lights and all of your journals using and reviewing them! You all definitely made buying them an easier decision. They run so COOL. Yes, amazing when my grows we’re always HPS and they run so frickin HOT! 🔥
:hug::hug::hug:đź’—
I burned myself a time or two on those HPS lights, I got rid of those as soon as I had made my own fixtures with CFL bulbs.
Then I transitioned to the blurple stuff, migraine city!
I do not experience any migraines whatsoever with these ViparSpectra lights, and if you've ever suffered migraines that left you sick for days and in the dark to avoid light...you know what I mean!

I burned myself a time or two on those HPS lights, I got rid of those as soon as I had made my own fixtures with CFL bulbs.
Then I transitioned to the blurple stuff, migraine city!
I do not experience any migraines whatsoever with these ViparSpectra lights, and if you've ever suffered migraines that left you sick for days and in the dark to avoid light...you know what I mean!
I have a niece with migraines - and I was a nurse. I don’t have migraines, but sure know how sick it makes those who do. Horrible. Like constant seasickness in the worst storm imaginable. Hope they don’t hit you very often now, Lady. I used lots of CFLs too, but used alone, they didn’t work near oas well for me as the hps for bringing on the really nice (huge) cola returns. I mainly used them in the parameters

Going with hubby for a drive on this hot day outside. We try to do something together at least once a week. Gotta keep our love, keep our love alive! :party:Now my head has taken off into Heart land!:goof::theband::headbanger: Have a wonderful day Lady C!!!
:hug::love::hug:

Quick Nutrient and Light update…

My girls look so much better to me with the beginning of organic nutes! Don’t have time for pics today, but they loved having nourishment. Will do pic update this next week.

Also, last night I turned one light (over the biggest) to 50% and upped its distance 2 clicks. Don’t remember whose journals kept saying they upped it 2 clicks at a time, but understand completely now! I also added a 6” fan on very low and not directly on my girls. The temps stayed in the mid to upper 70’s, so I’m good with that and so were they!

Stay safe and grow grow GROW everyone!

:hug::hug::hug:LOVING Granny Hugs to ALL!:hug::hug::hug:

Edit: Hubby doesn’t feel good (rare), so I’m home today instead of on our weekly date, still will wait for pics for later this week. Gonna go drool in other’s grow instead! :drool::jawdropper::drool:Getting my bib on!

Quick Nutrient and Light update…

My girls look so much better to me with the beginning of organic nutes! Don’t have time for pics today, but they loved having nourishment. Will do pic update this next week.

Also, last night I turned one light (over the biggest) to 50% and upped its distance 2 clicks. Don’t remember whose journals kept saying they upped it 2 clicks at a time, but understand completely now! I also added a 6” fan on very low and not directly on my girls. The temps stayed in the mid to upper 70’s, so I’m good with that and so were they!

Stay safe and grow grow GROW everyone!

:hug::hug::hug:LOVING Granny Hugs to ALL!:hug::hug::hug:

Edit: Hubby doesn’t feel good (rare), so I’m home today instead of on our weekly date, still will wait for pics for later this week. Gonna go drool in other’s grow instead! :drool::jawdropper::drool:Getting my bib on!
In case you need another granny weed bib...we're on it! Even has pockets for any lil' buds that might happen to "fall" off whilst you trek through those grows. :winkyface:

1726439405179.png

In case you need another granny weed bib...we're on it! Even has pockets for any lil' buds that might happen to "fall" off whilst you trek through those grows. :winkyface:

1726439405179.png
Gotta git me one of those! :rofl::laugh::hug:🤤:drool:

Monday Update

Lights at 40% over shorter/newer plants and 50%over taller plants. Both at 11.5” from tallest plant under it.

Added 1/8 tsp Myco+ to soil water, which also has 25 drops Clean Kelp and 25 drops Earth Worm Castings. Last night and today I’m doing bottom watering on all with this blend. Want to give them good organic nutrition and stimulate root growth. Hoping is good for them. They seem to be responding well so far.

Okay, since I’m picturing 4 Fat Bastards at a time, I rearranged to put #1-4 and #5,7,8,9 together in same pic arrangements. The last FB, #6, (Mr Slowpoke) is in with the 4 Blueberry Cheese.

FB 1-4 from above, then side. Veg Day 9
IMG_4742.jpeg

IMG_4743.jpeg

Tallest FB is 3”.
IMG_4748.jpeg

Next FB #5,7,8,9 Veg Day 9, from top and then side.
IMG_4749.jpeg

IMG_4753.jpeg

Then FB#6 & BC#1 Veg Day 9
And BC #2,3,4 Veg Day 4 All 3 had damage to their first oval leaves (cotys?) which greatly slows down growth if damaged. So I’m babying them to stimulate roots as I did with FB#6.
IMG_4755.jpeg

Side view of BC #1 Veg Day 9
IMG_4756.jpeg

All the girls…
IMG_4757.jpeg

The fan I added a few days ago.
IMG_4758.jpeg

And last, I have a/c room air blowing (low speed) into tent via 6” duct.
IMG_4759.jpeg

Hope everyone is having a great and safe beginning to your week!

:hug: Granny hugs n love!:hug:

Monday Update

Okay, since I’m picturing 4 Fat Bastards at a time, I rearranged to put #1-4 and #5,7,8,9 together in same pic arrangements. The last FB, #6, (Mr Slowpoke) is in with the 4 Blueberry Cheese.

IMG_4742.jpeg

IMG_4743.jpeg

Tallest FB is 3”.
IMG_4748.jpeg

IMG_4749.jpeg

IMG_4753.jpeg

And BC #2,3,4 Veg Day 4 All 3 had damage to their first oval leaves (cotys?) which greatly slows down growth if damaged. So I’m babying them to stimulate roots as I did with FB#6.
IMG_4755.jpeg

IMG_4756.jpeg

All the girls…
IMG_4757.jpeg

IMG_4758.jpeg

IMG_4759.jpeg

I wait for your updates like a kid waiting for dessert. :laughtwo: (which actually I just had instead of a proper lunch. LOL)

They are all looking fabulous, and you are doing a fine job of babying those itsy bitsy kids. You're a good Granny grower.đź’žđź’ž

I wait for your updates like a kid waiting for dessert. :laughtwo: (which actually I just had instead of a proper lunch. LOL)
As I do yours. :high-five::hug: Thank you honey.
The are all looking fabulous, and you are doing a fine job of babying those itsy bitsy kids. You're a good Granny grower.đź’žđź’ž
Thank you so much. Your input really matters to me. It’s like reassurance that I’m doing ok!
:hug::circle-of-love::hug:

Granny your doing great those little ones are ready to blast off! :bravo: I'm drooling over here :drool:, but I'm gonna go with the Red Lobster bib. :rofl::rofl:. I can't go with that thing you and Lady Cannafan are wearing. Big hugs from the Ramblin man.

Granny your doing great those little ones are ready to blast off! :bravo: I'm drooling over here :drool:, but I'm gonna go with the Red Lobster bib. :rofl::rofl:. I can't go with that thing you and Lady Cannafan are wearing. Big hugs from the Ramblin man.
Oh thank you so much RR man!:high-five: Nothing to drool over yet really, but I’m all for you wearing a more manly bib! Personally I think we should all have:420: bibs! They could make a lot of moolah selling those bibs for us droolers!:rofl::laugh::rofl:
Big hugs back atcha RR man!:hug::circle-of-love::hug:

Oh thank you so much RR man!:high-five: Nothing to drool over yet really, but I’m all for you wearing a more manly bib! Personally I think we should all have:420: bibs! They could make a lot of moolah selling those bibs for us droolers!:rofl::laugh::rofl:
Big hugs back atcha RR man!:hug::circle-of-love::hug:
I bet there are a lot of droooolers out there that don't even know their drooling on themselves or worst yet others. :rofl:

I think you and your partner in crime Lady C could make some bank.

TUESDAY UPDATE

Hello! :high-five::yahoo:

I know, these girls are still lil youngsters learning to sit up and roll over like infants do, but I am sure loving them. I always loved the baby stage… come to think of it, I loved ALL the stages of my babies who are now 38, 42 and 44 year old men!:cheesygrinsmiley: Especially love them grandkids, spoiling them and then giving them back to their folks! Some act n look just like their dads did! Hahaha

Ok, back to these girls of mine.

Now Veg Day 10 for the oldest. Here is Fat Bastard 1-4. The tallest grew 1/2” overnight.
IMG_4769.jpeg

IMG_4770.jpeg

Then FB#5,7,8,9. The 2 with red labels got just a little bit of bat guano mixed into their top soil in their drip zone. If I burn any, it’ll just be these two. I’m just not sure of nutes just yet, so I will err on the side of caution.
IMG_4772.jpeg

IMG_4773.jpeg

And the small group. I am liking the way the smallest BBC are perking up and beginning to grow. That #1 Blueberry Cheese will be my clone lady um.. someday! Lol
IMG_4774.jpeg

IMG_4775.jpeg

Group shot (half)
IMG_4776.jpeg

Other half
IMG_4777.jpeg

And last but not least, I see root growth out the bottom. I’ve been working toward their transplant into 3 gal bags for a swick system setup. So I want good white roots at the bottom to drink in those nutrients. But really, I have no idea what I’m doing with this! EEK!
Behold… bottom roots starting.
IMG_4778.jpeg

I have a lot of work to do to get my next tent set up and it looks like I better push past the pain and git to cleaning out more of this east wing upstairs. Anyone have a bulldozer? 👩‍🚒🚧

:hug:Warm Granny Hugs to ALL:hug:

TUESDAY UPDATE

Hello! :high-five::yahoo:

I know, these girls are still lil youngsters learning to sit up and roll over like infants do, but I am sure loving them. I always loved the baby stage… come to think of it, I loved ALL the stages of my babies who are now 38, 42 and 44 year old men!:cheesygrinsmiley: Especially love them grandkids, spoiling them and then giving them back to their folks! Some act n look just like their dads did! Hahaha

Ok, back to these girls of mine.

Now Veg Day 10 for the oldest. Here is Fat Bastard 1-4. The tallest grew 1/2” overnight.
IMG_4769.jpeg

IMG_4770.jpeg

Then FB#5,7,8,9. The 2 with red labels got just a little bit of bat guano mixed into their top soil in their drip zone. If I burn any, it’ll just be these two. I’m just not sure of nutes just yet, so I will err on the side of caution.
IMG_4772.jpeg

IMG_4773.jpeg

And the small group. I am liking the way the smallest BBC are perking up and beginning to grow. That #1 Blueberry Cheese will be my clone lady um.. someday! Lol
IMG_4774.jpeg

IMG_4775.jpeg

Group shot (half)
IMG_4776.jpeg

Other half
IMG_4777.jpeg

And last but not least, I see root growth out the bottom. I’ve been working toward their transplant into 3 gal bags for a swick system setup. So I want good white roots at the bottom to drink in those nutrients. But really, I have no idea what I’m doing with this! EEK!
Behold… bottom roots starting.
IMG_4778.jpeg

I have a lot of work to do to get my next tent set up and it looks like I better push past the pain and git to cleaning out more of this east wing upstairs. Anyone have a bulldozer? 👩‍🚒🚧

:hug:Warm Granny Hugs to ALL:hug:
:circle-of-love: đź’ž They are looking fantastic. Roots looks nice and white. Hurray!

I've always wondered why I don't have plenty of guano around because of all the bats in my belfry.....

I know...I know. Everybody now {{GROAN}}

Love to anyone who stumbles into my journal.
I just did and thank you. Love back!
And the winners of the first round of my SoG are…..:tommy:

Super Nova (Chronic): REG Hundreds; HighTHC; MCA; ID; F8-10w; HT M; BD=5; LDC; O M
White Widow Extreme FEM Hundreds 20-24%; MCA S1; ID; 8-10w; HT S-My ; BD=5; LDC; O M
White Widow1: FEM 6; 20-24%; Seedsman F1; ID; F7-9w; HT UK; BD=5; LDC; O M
White Widow2: FEM 10; 19-24%; Seedsman; ID; F50-55d; HT S Compact; BD=4-5; LDC; O M
White Widow3: REG 9; 18-24%; Blimburn;ID; F8-10w; HT UK; BD=4; O M
Fat Bastard: FEM 25; 30-38%; Blimburn; I/S; F8-10w; HT UK; BD=4 & really fat; LDC; O H
LA Peyote Kush: FEM 10; 25+%; Seedsman; ID; F8-10w; HT M-T; BD=4; O H
Peyote Cookies: FEM 10; 16-24%; Seedsman; ID; F9-11w; HT S/stocky; BD=4; LDC; O L-M; CBD1-5%
Peyote Wi-Fi: FEM 10; 25+%; Seedsman; ID; F8-10w; HT M-T; BD=5; O M
Mataro Blue: FEM 5; 16-24%; Seedsman; 80% I; F8-10w; HT M-T; BD=4; LDC; Oder L/blueberry
Blueberry Cheese: FEM 10; 16-24%; Seedsman; ID; F9-11w; HT S; BD=4; LDC; O H
Blueberry: FEM 5; 16-24%; Seedsman; 80% I; F8-10w; HT M-T; BD=4; LDC; Oder L/blueberry

A mixture of:
  • Sweet and stinky aromas (oder control)
  • Only one strain with a longer flower time than 8-10 weeks (similar flower times)
  • A few with really high THC levels that may make my head explode, newbies to try
  • Similar plant strains so I can make good use in selfing and crossing strains
  • Many high yield varieties to maximize end results
  • A few known varieties for me, so I’m assured of what I’m getting
  • Less of some strains just to see how they grow, if different phenotypes, etc
That decision is made. I will post (not reply) later with update on how many of each.
See you all later! Keep growing!
Happy trails to you until we meet again :peace::hippy::ganjamon::hug:
Granny420
Nice!
Been up and down these last few days since my bestest friend ever died.
Thank you Lady Cannafan. Just riding the grieving roller coaster.
I'm sorry Granny :hug: Very hard.
Monday Update

Lights at 40% over shorter/newer plants and 50%over taller plants. Both at 11.5” from tallest plant under it.

Added 1/8 tsp Myco+ to soil water, which also has 25 drops Clean Kelp and 25 drops Earth Worm Castings. Last night and today I’m doing bottom watering on all with this blend. Want to give them good organic nutrition and stimulate root growth. Hoping is good for them. They seem to be responding well so far.

IMG_4742.jpeg

IMG_4743.jpeg

Tallest FB is 3”.
IMG_4748.jpeg

IMG_4749.jpeg

IMG_4753.jpeg

IMG_4755.jpeg

IMG_4756.jpeg

All the girls…
IMG_4757.jpeg

IMG_4758.jpeg

IMG_4759.jpeg

Your setup looks very organized and so do you! :cheer:

:circle-of-love: đź’ž They are looking fantastic. Roots looks nice and white. Hurray!

I've always wondered why I don't have plenty of guano around because of all the bats in my belfry.....

I know...I know. Everybody now {{GROAN}}
:thanks: Lady!:high-five: Oh do you sound so much like me - I wonder if our bats are related? :rofl:

I just did and thank you. Love back!

Nice!
:thanks:
I'm sorry Granny :hug: Very hard.
:thanks: Been hard, still havin cryin jags at times. But this wonderful 420 place and all of you are keep my mind in a really good place. :thanks:
Your setup looks very organized and so do you! :cheer:

Smooshie Hugs, Carmen! :hug::high-five::hug: Lovies and a warm :welcome:

Haha, I look organized??? LOL! Yes, in my 2’x4’ space, I guess it appears that way… but if you saw the rest of my home, egads you would drop yer jaw and yell, “*hit Granny, are you in this mess somewhere?” :rofl::rofl::rofl:

So good to see you Carmen!

Back
Top Bottom