Grand Daddy Black Grows A Stack

Good morning grow group. Merry Christmas and Happy Festivus!

The Mrs. and I had no presents to wrap last night. All the family kids got gift cards this year. By tradition, we usually wait until Christmas eve to wrap gifts while sipping on Bailey's Cream. Then the next morning we would feel crappy because the bottle would have been emptied. With no gifts to wrap this year, we skipped the Bailey's. So this year I feel great for a Christmas morning! :Rasta:

Instead of wrapping gifts last night, I up-potted 4 of my 5 photo babies from solo cups to 5-gallon pots. The Critical Kush, which is in a 1-gallon pot, will remain in there for a few more weeks.

They all look happy, but the SBG (front right) wants to be a "special" plant.

P1040052.JPG

The faux-auto Glue Gelato is day 4 post-flip and I'm already starting to see some pre-flower stuff. I really wish that is all I was seeing.

P1040053.JPG

This plant was originally in my basement tent and every plant in there got spider mites. This one did not escape. She had these little white spots on a few of her leaves. If I lift up certain leaves and look underneath I can see those microscopic little suckers with the naked eye. (@Mr. Sauga, these are not "acne". But they don't look exactly like your spots.)

IMG_2137.JPG

Since this plant has yet to flower, I tried to drown her in Neem oil, spraying both from the top down and from the bottom up on every leaf. I'll have to watch developments closely.

The baby autos are plugging along. But the Blue Dream'atic remains a tiny, little thing. She is growing a bit, however, and I believe her aim to to break the personal record I just set with a StarDawg for the smallest auto I've ever grown! :Rasta:

I decided on replacements for the 2 auto seeds that failed germination 101. I've sprouted a Northern Lights x Pakistani Chitral Kush and a Blue Lights (Northern Lights x Blueberry). I'll post some pics of the autos once the new babes are large enough to withstand the camera flash. :laughtwo:

We all know what will be happening soon. We get to say good riddance to this cursed 2020. I can't wait!

Peace.

Busy Christmas day! Good thing you're in good shape :).

Sorry to hear about the mites GDB, but good thing you spotted them early and got them sprayed before they do too much damage.

Nice job on the upcans, and be careful not to overwater. Going from a solo cup to 5 gallons can leave you with a very wet pot for a very long time. And I'm glad to hear about the sprouts...gotta get out of that no-germ funk!

Merry Christmas G! I hope this day finds you and yours healthy and happy. 2020 can just go right on down the road. Only thing good about it for me was the weed I grew haha!
Smile and stay stoneder

Merry Christmas G! I hope this day finds you and yours healthy and happy. 2020 can just go right on down the road. Only thing good about it for me was the weed I grew haha!
Smile and stay stoneder
Merry Christmas to you as well, Fredwak!

I couldn't agree more about 2020, the growing was about the only pleasure. No dining out, going to live shows, going to see a friggin' movie -- just stay home and enjoy growing. :Rasta:

Smile and stay stoneder
Merry Christmas to you as well, Fredwak!

I couldn't agree more about 2020, the growing was about the only pleasure. No dining out, going to live shows, going to see a friggin' movie -- just stay home and enjoy growing. :Rasta:

Busy Christmas day! Good thing you're in good shape :).

Sorry to hear about the mites GDB, but good thing you spotted them early and got them sprayed before they do too much damage.

Nice job on the upcans, and be careful not to overwater. Going from a solo cup to 5 gallons can leave you with a very wet pot for a very long time. And I'm glad to hear about the sprouts...gotta get out of that no-germ funk!
Busy but wonderful, Shed!

What kind of damage do they do, general?

Sap sucking and leaf destruction is their M.O. Stay ahead of them!
The leaf destruction I have seen. The sap sucking sounds worse! :Rasta:

geeeeeez, five pages later and I finally found your final resting place!:rofl:

Merry Christmas GDB, I hope you and the mrs have an excellent evening... hopefully she can put up with you :laugh: :laugh: Your plants look freakin stellar as always bud.(even with the mites)

Then the next morning we would feel crappy because the bottle would have been emptied. With no gifts to wrap this year, we skipped the Bailey's. So this year I feel great for a Christmas morning! :Rasta:
Let's hope that's not the start of a new tradition.
(@Mr. Sauga, these are not "acne". But they don't look exactly like your spots.)
Thanks GDB, and sorry about the mite issue. Mine protrude from the surface, or at least the pics showed that, where yours is surface damage into the leaf.

You can also check out Sierra Natural Science for their mite solution. It mite be worth looking at.

geeeeeez, five pages later and I finally found your final resting place!:rofl:

Merry Christmas GDB, I hope you and the mrs have an excellent evening... hopefully she can put up with you :laugh: :laugh: Your plants look freakin stellar as always bud.(even with the mites)
Thanks, Chef. Sorry you lost me. I'll talk to my media guy about that. :laughtwo:

Have a wonderful Christmas and stay safe. :Rasta:

Let's hope that's not the start of a new tradition.

Thanks GDB, and sorry about the mite issue. Mine protrude from the surface, or at least the pics showed that, where yours is surface damage into the leaf.

You can also check out Sierra Natural Science for their mite solution. It mite be worth looking at.
I told the Mrs. that we could get a bottle for New Year's Eve. Hell, I'm gonna be so happy to say goodbye to this year that I may get 2 bottles!

I did get the SNS spider mite spray but was persuaded not to use it because it's oil-based and the plants were already making buds.

I did get the SNS spider mite spray but was persuaded not to use it because it's oil-based and the plants were already making buds.
Interesting. They have a rep here @Sierra Natural Science that you could talk with. This is from their site:

217 SPIDER MITE CONTROL RTU – PEST CONTROL​

Benefits of using our Spider Mite Control
  • Kills all mites and their eggs, ending the life cycle
  • EPA Exempt FIFRA 25(b)
  • Can be used up to Harvest (0-Day REI)
  • Safe around children & pets when used as directed
  • Safe for use with beneficial bugs
How our Spider Mite Control works
  • Spider mites destroy plant cells by sucking out their contents and 217 unique formula works by providing a barrier which is harmless to the plant, but fatal to the mites. 217 kills the spider mites eggs and kills the life cycle by coating the eggs with an oily shield that blocks respiration to the egg; therefore no hatching will occur, they will just dry out.
  • 217 is made up of 100% pure rosemary botanical extracts highly water soluble. We process raw certified organic botanicals and herbs in-house, ensuring oils and terpenes have a consistent potency across all of our products. The botanical extracts are all food grade GRAS (generally recognized as safe) materials, that are fully biodegradable, and not toxic to animals. It is exempt from EPA registration under minimum risk pesticide exempted under FIFRA section 25(b). It can be used on a wide variety of plants, fruits, and vegetables.
Types of pests our Spider Mite Control can kill
  • 217 kills spider mites, broad mites, russet mites and their eggs.
Where to use our Spider Mite Control
  • Home & Gardens
  • Hydroponics
  • Greenhouse
Mixing Compatibility
  • Mix 217 with 244
How to use our Spider Mite Control
  • Foliar Spray: Spray directly onto insects and infected areas until thoroughly covered. Complete coverage of all plant tissue is necessary for control. Make sure to spray under the leaves where spider mites hide and lay their eggs. Do not use under direct sunlight or grow lamps.

Interesting. They have a rep here @Sierra Natural Science that you could talk with. This is from their site:

217 SPIDER MITE CONTROL RTU – PEST CONTROL​

Benefits of using our Spider Mite Control
  • Kills all mites and their eggs, ending the life cycle
  • EPA Exempt FIFRA 25(b)
  • Can be used up to Harvest (0-Day REI)
  • Safe around children & pets when used as directed
  • Safe for use with beneficial bugs
How our Spider Mite Control works
  • Spider mites destroy plant cells by sucking out their contents and 217 unique formula works by providing a barrier which is harmless to the plant, but fatal to the mites. 217 kills the spider mites eggs and kills the life cycle by coating the eggs with an oily shield that blocks respiration to the egg; therefore no hatching will occur, they will just dry out.
  • 217 is made up of 100% pure rosemary botanical extracts highly water soluble. We process raw certified organic botanicals and herbs in-house, ensuring oils and terpenes have a consistent potency across all of our products. The botanical extracts are all food grade GRAS (generally recognized as safe) materials, that are fully biodegradable, and not toxic to animals. It is exempt from EPA registration under minimum risk pesticide exempted under FIFRA section 25(b). It can be used on a wide variety of plants, fruits, and vegetables.
Types of pests our Spider Mite Control can kill
  • 217 kills spider mites, broad mites, russet mites and their eggs.
Where to use our Spider Mite Control
  • Home & Gardens
  • Hydroponics
  • Greenhouse
Mixing Compatibility
  • Mix 217 with 244
How to use our Spider Mite Control
  • Foliar Spray: Spray directly onto insects and infected areas until thoroughly covered. Complete coverage of all plant tissue is necessary for control. Make sure to spray under the leaves where spider mites hide and lay their eggs. Do not use under direct sunlight or grow lamps.
Hmm.

:nomo:

BTW, REI refers to Restricted Entry Interval and refers to the time immediately after a pesticide application when a person or worker can safely re-enter the premises.
You can be around this stuff after it's applied; 0-day REI.

Active Ingredients……………………………….2.00%
Rosemary………………………………2.00%

Other Ingredients………………………………..98.00%
Water, Polyglyceryl Oleate, Lactic Acid
Total………………………………………………….100.00%

When they say that it means it's not harmful if ingested, and can wash off.
Yup I get that, but from my understanding this was developed by a guy that grew weed so I'm guessing there must be something to it not harming the buds.

I'm convinced that the damage to the pistils inhibits bud development but I have no proof.
I have no proof either way, and if I had mites I would do a review on their product. I've haven't heard not to use it in flower until now, so someone will have to try for science, right GDB?

Back
Top Bottom