Grand Daddy Black Grows A Stack

Good work GDB any useable flower is a win in my book. So what's in your playbook to combat those spider mites going forward? :cool:
I own that same book, @raziel819!

Regarding the mites, prevention is the key. I think using SNS 209 as part of my drench feed could have worked to prevent them from taking hold. But I had some other tiny white bugs (lots of them) that were ever-present in the soil. They didn't give a hoot about SNS 209 so I stopped using it in order to attack the little gnat-like bugs with other deterrents. I probably should have continued its use throughout the grow.

If the mites are established when a plant has started flowering, you're up the proverbial "shit's creek." Your ability to combat them is compromised because so many of the "weapons" cannot be sprayed on buds.

And so, to answer your question, I'll be ordering a bigger jug of SNS 209. :Rasta:

Nice harvest, GDB!
Those floppy buds will smoke just fine...
I wonder if there's something inherent in the strain that makes it more resistant to mites.
There could be- I grew a Chemdog outside last year that never had so much as an aphid on it, yet the 2 CBD plants next to it had aphids, caterpillars, thrips, and powdery mildew.
Different strain than yours, but same kind of thing- the bugs didn't like something about it, so they left it alone.

Nice harvest, GDB!
Those floppy buds will smoke just fine...

There could be- I grew a Chemdog outside last year that never had so much as an aphid on it, yet the 2 CBD plants next to it had aphids, caterpillars, thrips, and powdery mildew.
Different strain than yours, but same kind of thing- the bugs didn't like something about it, so they left it alone.
Chemdog is going on my go-to list too. :Rasta:

Hello growers.

I took down the last of the Fast bunch today! The Critical Poison was the last one standing. Since she was not ravaged by the mites she could get an obit pic instead of being cut and dumped directly into the wash.
Fast Critical Poison 10-21-21 END obit.jpg

I think I took her a little early. She had mostly cloudy trichs but no amber that I could find. (But I let my Fast Bubblegums get really amber laden so maybe this will be what I mix her with for my blunt cocktails!)
Snap_048.jpg

I'll find out soon enough.
Fast Critical Poison 10-21-21 END bud.JPG

She was no big yielder but I got a nice bowl of buds. They're a light green variety, which is okay with me. :ganjamon:
Fast Critical Poison 10-21-21 END bud bowl.jpg

In other news, the Godfather OG clones will be coming down tomorrow. These are some of the fattest, hardest buds I've had my mitts on and I'm getting nervous, wanting to end things before something goes wrong. :Rasta:

GOG clones 10-21-21 .jpg

I hope she'll be okay.
Snap_046.jpg

Once I get those down tomorrow its just the Freebie + 1 Grow left (and the clone).

I'll give a more detailed update soon. For now I'll just say they're doing okay. Well, except for the Fast Banana. She's got issues that I've yet to sort out. (More later.)

Freebie + 1 Grow 10-21-21 Day44.jpg

That's is all I have.

As always, thank you for your interest.

Peace.

Nice on the takedown of that Critical Poison and that Godfather OG, you got it now. She’s a beauty for sure.
:rollit:
Thanks, Nev.

Taking down small plants is kind of relaxing because I know it won't take forever! :Rasta:

Nice bowl o buds from today's harvest,
And some seriously chonky colas on tomorrow's ...nice work, GDB !:bravo:

:Rasta: Wow, those godfather og buds are thic!! Well done and congrats on all these harvests GDB. Tiiimber!
Thanks, HH.

So good to hear from you! I hope you're well rested and ready to start another show.
Nice bowl o buds from today's harvest,
Thanks, MrC. I was considering washing them in grape juice to see if they'd turn purple.
And mixing and matching ripenesseseseseses seems like an excellent idea!
Thanks, Shed.

You know it's damn hard to pronounce that word in it's unstruck form. Try it! :Rasta:

Congrats on the harvests, GDB! Love the light green nugs and the lovely colas on the Godfather OG.

Congrats on the harvests, GDB! Love the light green nugs and the lovely colas on the Godfather OG.
Thanks @HashGirl.

The light green brings back memories. Growing up we mostly had Mexican brown for many years. Then this stuff called "Hawaiian" showed up and it was light green, with NO SEEDS and got us totally lit!

I guess that was the first female plant I ever smoked.

We used to always leave a few seeds in the Mexican just so they would pop while being smoked. It made our dumb asses laugh! :Rasta:

Hello growers.

Many thanks to any of you who noticed my numbskull mistake be remained mute. And to those who didn't notice, well, I guess you stay just as high as I do!

A few days back, after taking down my Chiquita Banana clone I said this:
This leaves one plant remaining in the Fast Grow, the Bruce Banner. (The Critical Poison was absolutely savaged by spider mites so I tossed it.)
So what I said yesterday is obviously not possible:
I took down the last of the Fast bunch today! The Critical Poison
My bad. It was the Bruce Banner that I took down.

I need some of that memory aid they advertise on TV. Damnit, what's the name of it? :laughtwo:

Hello growers.

Many thanks to any of you who noticed my numbskull mistake be remained mute. And to those who didn't notice, well, I guess you stay just as high as I do!

A few days back, after taking down my Chiquita Banana clone I said this:

So what I said yesterday is obviously not possible:

My bad. It was the Bruce Banner that I took down.

I need some of that memory aid they advertise on TV. Damnit, what's the name of it? :laughtwo:
If that memory stuff works let me know . This is the second time this week I had to feed the peach and plum trees while mixing nutrients .

Prevagen...I think... :hmmmm:
Growing up we mostly had Mexican brown for many years
Ha! The first time I got a "lid" of green weed,( I was 17) I thought I'd been screwed and got catnip or something...
The "what is this shit?" mystery was cleared up as soon as I smoked a little...:lot-o-toke:

It was at least 4 times as strong as the brown stuff I was used to....

We used to always leave a few seeds in the Mexican just so they would pop while being smoked.
And you and all your friends would walk around with pin hole burns in your shirts from the popping seeds in the joint being passed around. I remember it well. You never new when one would go off.:laugh:

It was at least 4 times as strong as the brown stuff I was used to....
In about 72 I was 19 and went to a garden party with a couple older people and the live music was playing had some drinks then about dusk a couple older guys pulled out a joint to share with a small group. I looked at it with great anticipation but shit how cheap. I don’t think you could have rolled a smaller pinner. Thing was tiny and it made about 2 passes around the 4 of us and I was drawing hard on it because I wanted that buzz. While still pulling hard on that second hit it took hold of me good and the girls had to kinda keep me standing. It was probably another year before I had any of that good sinsemilla again. Good memories of that first quality smoke.

Back
Top Bottom