Gov's PlatinumLED Adventure With DocBud's High Brix Kit

Will be watching if ya don't mind gov.

Sure man. Only rule here is be nice. :) :welcome:

I'm putting together an update for tomorrow, but have been up to my ears in alligators last few days, and with only 11 hours to get in there it's been tough to do anything more than tend to their occasional needs. In fact they were drooping more today than I thought they should and then realized it's been a couple days since I drenched them last. So, I bubbled 2 gallons of water with 10ML transplant and watered them all just as lights were going out today. I gave them a good energy drench 3 days ago. They'll be standing and happy in the morning and it'll be 10 days since flip. I have to remember they're building up the energy to make flowers and will drink more since I don't want it getting as dry as it did in the veg cycle.

I'll try to have some pics tomorrow. :cool:

Hey, Hey! I have an update for today!

The high brix plants are doing really well. The big plants are taking about a gallon every other day, and I'll put a pint in each of the small ones then too. They all got a good watering yesterday and I've been doing the 1/4 strength transplant with each watering too. 2 of the clones are getting a colloidal silver treatment daily and after 1 week of that, aren't showing signs yet.

The hempy 8bk is doing well too and gets her final full feeding tomorrow before starting a week-long flush (3 waterings) that should culminate in her harvest. She's got loads of cloudy trichs, but no amber yet. According to the breeder, mid-week should put her at term so the timing looks good right now.

Anyway, I tried to group the pictures for some semblance of order...

temp_rh_1_10_15.JPG

group_shot_1_10_15.JPG

sunrise_1_10_15.JPG

nursery_1_10_15.JPG

BDhb_top_1_10_15.jpg

BDhb_top3_1_10_15.JPG

BDhb_top2_1_10_15.jpg

8bkhb1_1_10_15.JPG

BD_CS_1_10_15.JPG

8bk_CS_1_10_15.JPG

8bkHempy_big_girl_1_10_15.jpg

8bkHempy_branch1_1_10_15.jpg

8bkHempy_branch2_1_10_15.jpg

8bkHempy_branch3_1_10_15.jpg

8bkHempy_bud5_1_10_15.jpg

8bkHempy_bud1_1_10_15.jpg

hash_tip1_1_10_15.jpg

hash_tip2_1_10_15.jpg

8bkHempy_bud_field_1_10_15.jpg

8bkHempy_bud6_1_10_15.jpg

I had a pile of pics...Sorry if any get posted twice. :cool:

Govt, looking awesome! Some leaves appear to have what a couple of my plants have... Venus fly trappy leaves..actually the serrations with mine. :) Doc recommended a dose of Epsom salt.. I gave those showing the light Mg deficiency a teaspoon of epsom salt in 1/2 gal H20 one time so far. They seem to be responding already. Thank you, Doc!

Govt, looking awesome! Some leaves appear to have what a couple of my plants have... Venus fly trappy leaves..actually the serrations with mine. :) Doc recommended a dose of Epsom salt.. I gave those showing the light Mg deficiency a teaspoon of epsom salt in 1/2 gal H20 one time so far. They seem to be responding already. Thank you, Doc!

Thx Zig. Not sure if the def you're referring to is on the big flowering plant, but remember that one is in a hempy bucket. It gets salty nutes and has been getting its fair share of CaliMagic. She's 2 days from starting her flush too so I'm not worried at all of any deficiency there at this point. Even under full regimen her fans are starting to fade slightly, so she's ready to flush.

If you mean on the high brix plants, then you may be right. But this is my first round, and with 8ball kush being a known salt-lover, the high brix 8bk is exhibiting such different growth traits I want to let her go "by the directions" this round. I've also plucked a few leaves from her as after one dose of de-stress they got slight burn. I let them go, but they looked bad so they were out.

Gov -
are you going full cycle under 3 P300's?

Hi and welcome. To answer your question, no. They were all vegged under a single P300 for most of their veg lives. I moved the two big ones into this 4x4 tray for about 2 weeks under 2x P300's, and they are now under 4x P300's. I'm not using my cabinet right now and will give it a good cleaning this next week to prep it for the seeders shortly after provided the CS spray does its job.

:peace::cool:

Looking good, Gov. :)

I agree it looks like medium Ca-Mg deficiency. Immobile nutes, cause yr leaves bleak and dry their tips specifically at the top. Isn't sth specific for LED growth? I think I stumbled upon this problem somewhere.

gov how many plants would u veg under 1 p600 and how close would u have the light

That totally depends on how long you want to veg. For me, I prefer to veg for 8-10 weeks so I'd veg 4-6 under it most likely, and place them in a rectangle under the P600.

:cool:

SO close with the 8BK-she hulk, Im eager to see the differences between your first go around, and this one with platinum!
Excellent work man, lovely garden.

SO close with the 8BK-she hulk, Im eager to see the differences between your first go around, and this one with platinum!
Excellent work man, lovely garden.

Thanks Jinn. I'm interested to see too. There ARE a few differences, but also enough similarities to make an anecdotal determination on relative performance.

It's looking good there gov it seems like your light collection has grown in the past month or two

:cool:

Back
Top Bottom