Getting Freaky With Mars Hydro And The FC3000

That's an interesting point that you make!.. Please Elaborate for Us that aren't as knowledgeable. Sorry not trying to hijack, just curious, that's all??
Hopefully Regrowth will regard me here.

The basic principles here are

Heat and hot air rises (cooler on bottom) & Insulation.

The colder temps will be lowest at the bottom. And the fan tips, the outer edges least insulated.

The outside temp will push the inside temp lower, when temps are falling externally.

The outside air mass controls the fluction of the inner, until they reach equilibrium. Insulation is the only way to slow the process.

Leaves gathered together can insulate each other. Exposed tips, especially on the lower outers are most at risk.

So the most resistant to temp flucuations is upper middle.

Its wordy, but as simple as I can explain. Hopefully the below pic shows my explaination.

Arrows run from from warmer to cooler, indicating how the air mass behaves when temps are dropping, the direction of cooling. The point of the arrows is the coldest points.

IMG_20220903_171819.jpg

There is your answer.
Promix has is hydroponic.
Same as coco it should be fed at 5.8 ph.
Feed, water, feed water, every day in promix.
Do you use calmag?
I'm running coco in the greenhouse without a ph pen
It's not perfect but can be done, nutrient line helps.
Remo have been fantastic.
If your water fluctuates from the tap you can get issues as it swings.
Unfortunately the best thing to do if your running promix is to set the ph before feeding.
But I'm getting away with it so far so what do I know? :rofl:
Hope your enjoying your weekend my friend. :ciao:

Stay safe
Bill284 :cool:
I appreciate it, Bill, but I'd rather not pH if I don't have to.

Promix is buffered and it will adjust the nutrient pH into the ideal range on it's own.
The only time pH could be an issue is if the Promix is past it's expiry date.
MC is marketed with a similar claim about pH stability. I believe it settles into a acceptable range on it's own as well.
Issues do arise when you let it sit around for a few days though like you mentioned.

I feel like I wasted money on the pen and the up / down bottles that never get used. It's money that could've been better spent elsewhere when I was starting out. Because haven't used it in a while, I would need to purchase solution to recalibrate, and worse yet storage solution. It just seems like money pit. Usually what some people would chalk up as being pH issues can also be considered nutrient lockout from mineral buildup. Regardless if it's actually a pH issue, that's usually corrected with a flush or decent runoff.

The soil holds a lot of water. I do water the one plant daily because it's root bound from only being in a 2 gallon. But the others are every 2nd or 3rd day. It's like once a week when you first transplant. I think the confusion of watering every day stems from the fact that Promix HP is also available in a coco format. The feed / water / feed... is interesting but I'm not sure if alternating is recommended. Every time I've given plain water I end up with deficiencies showing up and because it's not an every day thing I can't correct the issue fast enough.

The issue a few weeks ago that I thought was a calmag ask, was probably a toxicity from letting the one plant sit in the run off. I usually dump the driptrays right after watering but didn't that time. I haven't been feeding calmag this grow. The no calmag thing might actually be why I haven't been hit so hard with mid flower issues like I usually get. Shed mentioned earlier MC actually has a lot of calcium on it's own. But I'm drawing water from the lake and it's pretty high in mineral content as well. I'm sorry if this comes off as critical or smart. I appreciate the advice regardless and I have no issue with being corrected if I'm wrong. If so have at it. Hope all is well.

Promix is buffered and it will adjust the nutrient pH into the ideal range on it's own.
The only time pH could be an issue is if the Promix is past it's expiry date.
MC is marketed with a similar claim about pH stability. I believe it settles into a acceptable range on it's own as well.
Issues do arise when you let it sit around for a few days though like you mentioned.

I feel like I wasted money on the pen and the up / down bottles that never get used. It's money that could've been better spent elsewhere when I was starting out. Because haven't used it in a while, I would need to purchase solution to recalibrate, and worse yet storage solution. It just seems like money pit. Usually what some people would chalk up as being pH issues can also be considered nutrient lockout from mineral buildup. Regardless if it's actually a pH issue, that's usually corrected with a flush or decent runoff.

The soil holds a lot of water. I do water the one plant daily because it's root bound from only being in a 2 gallon. But the others are every 2nd or 3rd day. It's like once a week when you first transplant. I think the confusion of watering every day stems from the fact that Promix HP is also available in a coco format. The feed / water / feed... is interesting but I'm not sure if alternating is recommended. Every time I've given plain water I end up with deficiencies showing up and because it's not an every day thing I can't correct the issue fast enough.

The issue a few weeks ago that I thought was a calmag ask, was probably a toxicity from letting the one plant sit in the run off. I usually dump the driptrays right after watering but didn't that time. I haven't been feeding calmag this grow. The no calmag thing might actually be why I haven't been hit so hard with mid flower issues like I usually get. Shed mentioned earlier MC actually has a lot of calcium on it's own. But I'm drawing water from the lake and it's pretty high in mineral content as well. I'm sorry if this comes off as critical or smart. I appreciate the advice regardless and I have no issue with being corrected if I'm wrong. If so have at it. Hope all is well.
I agree, I'm running coco and I don't even own a ph pen anymore.
I see minor issues pop up, I know that could be ph related.
But if I can get a harvest without ph'ing I'm going try. :yahoo:
5 years every drop was ph'ed, gets to be a lot of work after a while.
And even then I'm feeding soil and coco, which ph would I choose. 5.8 or 6.3?
I'm just going oh natural as far as I can and see if I make it.
Good luck Amigo I get it.:thumb: ( not critical or smart ) I'm just trying to help.
I'm wrong all the time don't worry.
Enjoy your holiday Monday my friend. :ciao:

Stay safe

ProMix is not hydro so there is no need (indeed, no use) to pH your nutes. It's like soil in that it is a buffered medium with its own pH, unlike coco, hempy, or DWC.
I think the confusion of watering every day stems from the fact that Promix HP is also available in a coco format. The feed / water / feed... is interesting but I'm not sure if alternating is recommended.
MC is feed feed feed so it seems to depend on the nute manufacturer rather than the media.

Summary:

The MAC1 x Freakshow #1 has some burnt tips.
I'll take it as an indicator to back down a bit on the nutrients.
I've lowered the MC from 1.59g/L to 1.54g/L and I may go a bit lower still.
She also has a bit of tacoing going on but I caught it in time.
I raised the light a bit but I'd blame warm weather we had.
Our nights are getting cold; She appear to be changing colors a bit.

Both MAC1s seem to have quite a while to go.
That might mean having to look at the trichomes before the pistils turn.
Lots of frost on those fan leaves on the MAC1 x Freakshow #2.
And speaking of fans... I appreciate you guys.
And speaking of fans... I'm starting to wonder if the purple tips might've had something to do with my fans.
The leaves that were effected seem to be right near them.

Any thoughts on defoliation?
The two MAC1 plants could really benefit from some extra air flow.
And it would help show off their spears.
I've heard a few people mention that you don't really need the fan leaves for the last few weeks.
But I'm afraid to do it.

The Original Skunk x Freakshow is a bit closer.
The terpenes really lean on the sweet side. She's not really that skunky.
I'm guessing maybe 10 days left?

Thanks guys. I'm impressed with the frost.
I need to thank the good genetics from my buddy and of course @Mars Hydro.
Hey, I'm not sure where they've been.
They haven't been around for almost a month now.

So I stepped on a drip tray full of water earlier. It was like stepping on a rake;
Water all over myself! It was pretty funny to be honest but sucked to clean up.

I'm still unsure about the defoliation.
Just need to build up some courage first I guess because it scares me a bit.
Hope you guys are doing well.

Thanks mate I am doing well, but your girls are doing better!

The shape, colours, flowers all look so good. Im loving the irregularities. I wanna say they look like Saw or Halloween horror style, but as they are ladies I guess is its more bloody burlesque with full gothic twist.

I have no idea if I can get anything similar or the same shipped out, but I'd love to try them. Never mind what they smelt or smoked like, just sold on the look.

Im not a practitioner of regular defols so right with on you on the trepidation to remove foliage.

Theres a few reasons that make sense to me as to why others do it, so I dont think theres a right or wrong answer.

Well sorry there is and thats stripping basically all of them a couple weeks out. Which just confirms why some people grow and arent fit to be surgeons.

I started a list a while back with some oddities that I came across.
There were a few others that didn't make the list because I'm not sure where to get them (triple cotyledons...).
If I missed any, please share. I love this kind of stuff and it's always good to know what's out there.

ABC
  • ABC (pure) - Humbolt CSI
  • Subterfuge #1
  • Auto Bastard
  • Drunken Bastard - 7eastgenetics
  • American Bastard - Terpyz
Dr Grinspoon - @Barney's Farm

Ducksfoot
  • Frisian Duck - Zamnesia
  • Lanceolate and SWAG - Terpyz
Freakshow
  • Supafreak - Humboldt Seed Company
  • Freakshow - ' or 7eastgenetics

I can't vouch for the validity or reputation of the strains or breeders above and hopefully I'm not stepping on any toes.
Obviously, when buying seeds support our sponsors when you can.
Personally, I would stay away from the ones I crossed out.
Some redditors were breeding variegation on purpose among other things.

I have no idea if I can get anything similar or the same shipped out, but I'd love to try them. Never mind what they smelt or smoked like, just sold on the look.

Hey, DV, I'm glad you're doing well.
If you're ever looking for MAC1, it appears that our sponsor @CaliSeedStore has got you covered.
As far as oddities go, I'm not sure if or which of our sponsors carry the Freakshow seeds.
If you can find those or the Supafreak, they'll yield something interesting for you, I can guarantee it.
In my case, I didn't end up with a full on mutation like the image at the start of the journal but you would for sure.
It's just a matter of the trait not passing well to the offspring when breeding.
I'm still curious if self pollinating the girl with the leaf serrations would help.
If I knew for certain, I would try it. Regardless, I'll try to find out more about some of the other crosses I was given.

Day 61 (1/2)

20220906_191411.jpg

MAC1 x Freakshow (Phenotype #1 | Back Left)

20220905_182724.jpg

20220906_192805.jpg
20220905_182715.jpg
20220906_193155.jpg

MAC1 x Freakshow (Phenotype #2 | Front)

20220906_192644.jpg

20220906_195345.jpg
20220906_193216.jpg
20220906_192554.jpg
Terrific update.
Girls look absolutely wonderful. :yahoo:
Hope your having a good day Mucker. :thumb:

Stay safe

Thanks guys. I'm impressed with the frost.
I need to thank the good genetics from my buddy and of course @Mars Hydro.
Hey, I'm not sure where they've been.
They haven't been around for almost a month now.

So I stepped on a drip tray full of water earlier. It was like stepping on a rake;
Water all over myself! It was pretty funny to be honest but sucked to clean up.

I'm still unsure about the defoliation.
Just need to build up some courage first I guess because it scares me a bit.
Hope you guys are doing well.

Day 61 (2/2)

20220905_184201.jpg

Original Skunk x Freakshow (Back Right)

20220906_192811.jpg
20220905_182652.jpg
20220906_193850.jpg
Geesh Man That is alot of FROSTY, YUMMY looking nuggs!!:yummy: I wish my current ladies had a Coating O Frost like that.. Maybe in a month or so These girls Here might get some trich's! Here's my current outdoor ladies. Yes, I Feed them Dirt. And make them sleep outside!:ganjamon: Have ya ever thought about making some S1 clones of them Fine looking Ladies Of Yours???? Any how here is a mix of my ladies.:Rasta: Hope Your Day Is Well My friend!!

20220907_092310.jpg
20220907_092357.jpg
20220907_092536.jpg
20220907_092750.jpg
20220907_092622.jpg
20220907_092822.jpg

20220907_092432.jpg

Geesh Man That is alot of FROSTY, YUMMY looking nuggs!!:yummy: I wish my current ladies had a Coating O Frost like that.. Maybe in a month or so These girls Here might get some trich's! Here's my current outdoor ladies. Yes, I Feed them Dirt. And make them sleep outside!:ganjamon: Have ya ever thought about making some S1 clones of them Fine looking Ladies Of Yours???? Any how here is a mix of my ladies.:Rasta: Hope Your Day Is Well My friend!!

20220907_092310.jpg
20220907_092357.jpg
20220907_092536.jpg
20220907_092750.jpg
20220907_092622.jpg
20220907_092822.jpg

20220907_092432.jpg
They're all praying to the canna gods and looking wonderful. Beautiful garden, @Zephyrs.
I bet the buds in that third picture are gonna be huge. Keep feeding them love and magic. I hope all is well.

They're all praying to the canna gods and looking wonderful. Beautiful garden, @Zephyrs.
I bet the buds in that third picture are gonna be huge. Keep feeding them love and magic. I hope all is well.
Thanks Buddy :) I just praying that they make it till mid October, LOL!! The 3rd pic is 1 of the GDP ladies. :bongrip::peace:

Day 70 (1/2)

MAC1 x Freakshow
(Phenotype #2 | Front)

The colas are getting big and heavy.
A few are leaning off to the side.
The pistols pistils are still fresh.
There's no end in sight.

20220915_183317.jpg

20220915_183746.jpg
20220915_183738.jpg

MAC1 x Freakshow (Phenotype #1 | Back Left)

Right after last week's update, one of the leaves turned brown.
I asked @Zephyrs and @InTheShed their opinions and the consensus was to look for mold.
They were right, so I had to say goodbye to one of the colas. It could've been a lot worse though. Thanks, guys.
I sampled her but the high was bit racy. The terpenes were a bit bland but it's wrong to judge her at this point.
There's a bit of an orange oil thing going on. Still, I'm hoping the other phenotype is a bit more terpy.

Here's some photos with the brown leaf in question.
If anyone wants to see her insides then I'll do a follow up post. 🫀

20220910_191517.jpg

20220910_154518.jpg
20220910_191827.jpg

♋ Pictures from day 69.

20220915_185741.jpg

20220915_185701.jpg
20220915_185656.jpg

Back
Top Bottom