Getting Freaky With Mars Hydro And The FC3000

Thanks, @Zephyrs. Hope you and the ladies are doing well. 🌳
Welcome Gromie!! Oh and I just fed my 8 pack out back a couple hours ago. They are happy as a clam in sand on a High tide!! :)

Day 52 (1/2)

20220828_163834.jpg

MAC1 x Freakshow (Phenotype #1 | Back Left)

20220828_170130.jpg

20220828_165954.jpg
20220828_170422.jpg
20220828_165924.jpg

MAC1 x Freakshow (Phenotype #2 | Front)

20220828_164433.jpg

20220828_164028.jpg
20220828_164444.jpg
20220828_164906.jpg
20220828_164812.jpg
Girls look absolutely wonderful today. :yahoo:
Hope you are doing well my friend.

Stay safe
Bill284 :cool:

Thanks, Tra. The voice of an angel, I'm sure. ;) ❤️

Hope you're doing well too, my friend.

About the different shades... Here's two similar photos.
Even though my plants looks more like the photo on the right, most photos end up looking like the photo on the left.
My phone does an auto color correction thing but I'm not sure how to make it a default.
One method I found for getting the greener pictures is to point the camera at the LED light before taking a picture.

🤷‍♂️

lighting.png
In these cases I believe the camera is providing something more accurate to the plant’s experience.

I have the same issue. My KB 1100w bar lights are 3200kelvin Color temp., a very read heavy, flower tailored quality of light.

This is done with 660nm and 710nm lights that the human eye does not register a great deal of, so we feel it’s “incorrect”. This is in my case, but your fix of pointing at the light tells me it likely your case too.

I buried the lead here, but, PLEASE DONT DO THAT AGAIN it will destroy the photo sensor on your camera. It’ll start showing banding, or colour-cast photos improperly, lots of possibles but if not already it will perm. wreck your cam.

Instead use a colour filter to return colour to what you see or prefer. Phone cam app should have many preloaded but a new app could help if you don’t see exactly what you want at first.

I want to grow plants like that so badly. I hope my first of my new show’s setup can get me close, lot to ask I know. Just gorgeous. Come check out my SIPs thread ReG, love to have your guidance. Look for “current” in my sig. Again, just beautiful pics and plants.

@LKABudMan, I remember we talked about this before, so maybe it's still relevant.
When I packaged a QP in grove bags a few months ago and it molded on me I was pretty disappointed.
Of course, that time it was my fault for bagging too early. Live and learn...
So the other bags were carefully burped and monitored for 3 or more weeks to bring the rH to a reasonable level.
I'm away from home most of the summer so I was hoping to rely on the 'no burping needed' claim.
IMO, it's a load of crap. I got the chance to look at the other bags and although they aren't ruined,
there's a few buds in them with spotting. It's a bit of a let down and maybe a precautionary tale.
Like I said, not ruined but for some people even a little mold is a deal breaker.
I think they're still a step up from burping a dozen jars and I'm not saying not to use them.
But next summer I'll be asking someone to burp my stash while I'm gone.

Girls look absolutely wonderful today. :yahoo:
Hope you are doing well my friend.

Stay safe

Thanks, Bill, I'll let the ladies know you were checking them out. :thumb:

In these cases I believe the camera is providing something more accurate to the plant’s experience.

I have the same issue. My KB 1100w bar lights are 3200kelvin Color temp., a very read heavy, flower tailored quality of light.

This is done with 660nm and 710nm lights that the human eye does not register a great deal of, so we feel it’s “incorrect”. This is in my case, but your fix of pointing at the light tells me it likely your case too.

I buried the lead here, but, PLEASE DONT DO THAT AGAIN it will destroy the photo sensor on your camera. It’ll start showing banding, or colour-cast photos improperly, lots of possibles but if not already it will perm. wreck your cam.

Instead use a colour filter to return colour to what you see or prefer. Phone cam app should have many preloaded but a new app could help if you don’t see exactly what you want at first.

I want to grow plants like that so badly. I hope my first of my new show’s setup can get me close, lot to ask I know. Just gorgeous. Come check out my SIPs thread ReG, love to have your guidance. Look for “current” in my sig. Again, just beautiful pics and plants.

I was checking out your build journal the other day and really enjoyed it.
You made me laugh a few times and you're a good writer.
It looks like you have all the gear. Good to know you're up and running now.
And thanks for the camera tips. I guess I should mess around with the settings instead.
Old phone camera... It does the job fairly well considering.

Thank you. My current journal is only a couple pages so far, an easy scroll w/ pics and you're all caught up... should that interest you.

I'm burying this lead too, weird, anyway... a strange tip that I've recently confirmed and long suspected... for my phone cams, both Samsung 8plus and apple 11, those 'redder' more accurate but less appealing colour casts are very useful for spotting deficiencies faster. More accurately, the types of discoloration caused by, for one, deficiencies/toxicities are more obvious in these photos. You get one to two days' advance notice. Weird, I know, and a bit chancy, but just observe for a few grows and see if there's anything there for you to use. Best to you and yours.

Oh man, does this ReservoirDog ever shut up? We'll find out I guess. But you have to check this out. Canadian fella, automated curing 5 gall bucket using airpump, 5 gal, tubing and a couple of one-ways and a timer. Never burp again and do 1/2 -1lb at a time. No joke. gonna link but also describe Cannabis Auto Curing System DIY (Bucket Cure tek) - GrowDoctor Guides

growdoctorguides dot com under DIY guides. I done many of his DIY, maybe even most. Great stuff, great guy, there to help and a really positive person for the industry north of the 49.

@LKABudMan, I remember we talked about this before, so maybe it's still relevant.
When I packaged a QP in grove bags a few months ago and it molded on me I was pretty disappointed.
Of course, that time it was my fault for bagging too early. Live and learn...
So the other bags were carefully burped and monitored for 3 or more weeks to bring the rH to a reasonable level.
I'm away from home most of the summer so I was hoping to rely on the 'no burping needed' claim.
IMO, it's a load of crap. I got the chance to look at the other bags and although they aren't ruined,
there's a few buds in them with spotting. It's a bit of a let down and maybe a precautionary tale.
Like I said, not ruined but for some people even a little mold is a deal breaker.
I think they're still a step up from burping a dozen jars and I'm not saying not to use them.
But next summer I'll be asking someone to burp my stash while I'm gone.
The "no burping claim" IS the problem and is misleading...

If you dig a little deeper you will find out you are Not supposed to seal your buds in the bags UNTIL you have dried to your desired rh, 58 or 62% and they will continue to cure.....

At that point, it doesn't matter how you store them as long as it is air/light/tight, no further burping is required !

Cheers

I've dried in totes before, it's something I would recommend and will probably go back to doing.
But if you're going to dry your weed to the point that it doesn't need to be burped anymore then grove bags have little purpose. Just use turkey bags or whatever else. I'm pretty sure they were around 58 when they got bagged though.

Sorry to hear about the Issues wi your clones and said situation. That's just another reason to NEVER TRUST other peeps wi your plants, clones, seeds, plant-sitting especially! I trust No One when it comes to my ladies....

As you stated before, that it's all good to do. And I Just Wanna Try And Brighten Your Day A Bit, my buddy @Regrowth! Get outside and play next summer Homie:Rasta::passitleft:

20220830_093436.jpg
20220830_093605.jpg
20220830_093611.jpg
20220830_093623.jpg
20220830_093506.jpg

Beautiful ladies, @Zephyrs. They're a perfect shade of green.
Nothing can compete with mother nature and colas the size of... colas. :laughtwo:
Hopefully I can give the outdoor thing another try next summer.

Beautiful ladies, @Zephyrs. They're a perfect shade of green.
Nothing can compete with mother nature and colas the size of... colas. :laughtwo:
Hopefully I can give the outdoor thing another try next summer.
Thanks Buddy!! :D I seem to have better luck with my girls under the Natural Grow light, outside! I still struggle with my indoor during the winter and early spring.

Either way you're ladies are On Par for a great Harvest! I'd be Damn Proud of them if I was you.. :ganjamon::D

The Original Skunk x Freakshow

20220901_130807.jpg

A leaf bud mutation and some bonus cat hair.

20220901_125354.jpg

MAC1 x Freakshow (#2)

20220901_131008.jpg

Spikey and some bonus cat hair...

20220901_130914.jpg
Wow Frosty AF!! Awesome work!! I just Love that second picture of a tiny budlet at the beginning of that Big Fan leaf! And It's literally Dripping with trichomes! :yummy: That's doesn't happen often, and is a unique genetic quirk as well!! Beautiful plants Buddy :thumb:

The Original Skunk x Freakshow

20220901_130807.jpg

A leaf bud mutation and some bonus cat hair.

20220901_125354.jpg

MAC1 x Freakshow (#2)

20220901_131008.jpg

Spikey and some bonus cat hair...

20220901_130914.jpg
My eyes must be going, I can't see any cat hair! Just gorgeous freeken buds.:bravo:
It's not enough to grow regular buds you grow them from your leaves as well. :rofl:
Amazing garden my friend, hope you are well. :ciao:

Stay safe

Wow Frosty AF!! Awesome work!! I just Love that second picture of a tiny budlet at the beginning of that Big Fan leaf! And It's literally Dripping with trichomes! :yummy: That's doesn't happen often, and is a unique genetic quirk as well!! Beautiful plants Buddy :thumb:
It's a first for me. I wonder if the mutation comes from the Original Skunk, or if it's from the Freakshow genetics.

Pic 3. I dare not name it for fear the Gods will descend and impart their wrath.....

Beautiful pics, beautiful plants mate. Good show.
Thanks DV. I was told we're allowed to mention it now. (Seriously. But now you're probably wondering if I'm trolling lol)
Your ladies sprouted. :yahoo: 🌱 🌱

My eyes must be going, I can't see any cat hair! Just gorgeous freeken buds.:bravo:
It's not enough to grow regular buds you grow them from your leaves as well. :rofl:
Amazing garden my friend, hope you are well. :ciao:

Stay safe
That cat hair seems to photobomb all my pictures lol.
My cat snuck through the intake hole one time... I caught her in the tent working on her tan.

Is this a toxicity? We did have a few cold nights this week (~7C) but is it odd to only see purpling of the tips?
I mixed a bucket of MC at max strength and didn't end up using it for 2 days... could be that too lol.
I think the orange speckle looking issue is from a while back. But any tips on the purple tips?

20220902_174930.jpg

20220902_173947.jpg
20220902_180026.jpg
20220902_175049.jpg

Back
Top Bottom