First Grow: Single Outdoor Pot, 2023

One more rot spot today, but otherwise we're looking alright imo. I think the previous outbreak was mostly caused by keeping her in a stagnant, humid room for a full day without power, and it's slowing down now (it was still a better option than the tropical storm outside...I think). I realized I can check the dew point and bring her in before we hit it every night, so I got a bit of a routine going with bringing her indoors, with actually managed humidity (52%~) and a fan for circulation. It means I have to keep the lights down in my house though 😄

Today I trimmed some of the inside fan leaves which were touching/overlapping buds so the airflow should be a bit better. I know I should have done that in veg, but eh, trying to keep it to a minimum at least. I keep thinking about that caterpillar I saw, so I'm thinking of doing a good spray of BT today to be safe. I'll start up with the citric acid spray on the weekend when it arrives. I'm also planning to go get the rest of the supplies for my drying box and build it. Then move some test nugs in there!

Made it through another week! I've been doing a citric acid spray every other day, and I haven't seen any signs of rot for a couple of days now. (A pump sprayer was a very good investment for this task.) You'll have to excuse the white specks all over these photos, it's sawdust from some work that's being done on my house...I'm sure it'll come out in the wash.

pic76.jpg

pic78.jpg

pic77.jpg

pic79.jpg

pic80.jpg

The purple is increasing! It's a weird pattern in some spots, but still seems healthy as far as I can tell.

I'm not sure how much longer to let her run. Maybe still a couple of weeks in the best case scenario? (It seems like that's usually the answer when anyone asks on here, lol)

The purple colouration is lovely, but it's really made it harder to spot potential areas of rot >_< Today I had the experience of cutting open a few nugs which I thought were salvageable, but that ended up having white fuzz inside. So I think it's definitely time to harvest, tomorrow if not today, depending how soon I can get ready. I should have just done it earlier this weekend like I thought about, but laziness overtook me...

pic81.jpg

pic82.jpg

pic83.jpg

These pics are from 2 days ago. No close-ups atm, but the trichomes are definitely starting to change over as well - even with the naked eye I can see a golden cast to some of the flowers.

Though I had wanted to chop and hang the whole plant together, now it's looking like a better idea to cut most, if not all branches off and thoroughly inspect them inside. I still want to mostly dry trim if I can, but I will cut off any fan leaves with dead/dry spots so nothing can feed on them. I hope I don't mess this up...

Hope all is well in your world.

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom