First Grow: Outdoor Autoflower Blueberry & AK-47 In Pots With Dr. Earth Soil

ditto leaving the leaves. Get a loupe or glass to look at how much crap is on the leaf before you go doing something to it.

I guess your tips are probably 80% A and 20% C.

apps at a party only at dinnertime is a sin.

I also think your suffering a bit from too much pot. On another website with info on growing there is an excellent write up on plants that are put in too much pot have less growth. I would not pot down at this point but consider it going forward. With Autos it's even trickier if you don't know what you have height wise in your strain.

Just seems like your alone here, but I check in Every Day. Had a stroke a while back and this is now my hobby! ..
Jeez I hope you're recovering well. Glad to have you along for the ride!

ditto leaving the leaves. Get a loupe or glass to look at how much crap is on the leaf before you go doing something to it.

I guess your tips are probably 80% A and 20% C.

apps at a party only at dinnertime is a sin.

I also think your suffering a bit from too much pot. On another website with info on growing there is an excellent write up on plants that are put in too much pot have less growth. I would not pot down at this point but consider it going forward. With Autos it's even trickier if you don't know what you have height wise in your strain.

After reading a lot of trimming opinions there seems to be great disagreement on trimming fan leaves or buds. I think I'll just leave everything else alone until I have a few more grows under my belt.

The party was a 1pm start but no one ever shows up until 2 and we don't usually clear out until 8 when the fireworks start! Also, there was a crock pot of globby chicken for the tacos, but it nearly turned my stomach when I lifted the lid. Next time I'm bringing my own food and a portable barbecue. I'll be the toast of someone else's party!

When you said I'm suffering from too much pot I read that completely wrong! I'll have to find that site and read up on it. I did expect the Blueberry to get taller, but how can a pot be too big when you could plant in the ground and give it unlimited root space? Have to google write up.

Thanks for your concerns man, it has been a while since the stroke,but I am getting a handle on that part, somethings never come back and other things do, I've been very fortunate. I have a wife that has taken up the reins and I grow my hobby. Maybe I'll just experiment trimming on one plant and see what happens? I live in New Zealand and legislation is about to go in our favour! Can't really wait. I'd send pictures to this but I can't remember my password and I've tried a dozen time to change it? No luck tho. Thanks for your time " lntheshed"
Cheers,
Baker

Dude it looks like what's happening to your leaves is a root zone issue and not environmental. What is the ph of the run off ? And what exactly is the ec?
GFP

My watering/nutes are always in the 6.2-6.4 range with a digital meter and the only time I tested the runoff (a few weeks back) it was the same as the incoming. I haven't run distilled water through to test the runoff because that would mean skipping a dose of nutes and I didn't want to do that considering that these plants haven't needed water often enough to make it worthwhile.

The soil always shows 7.0 with a 2-prong tester but those are never that accurate. I have no idea what the electrical conductivity of my soil is as I thought that was less important for soil.

Do the leaves look in bad enough shape to buy an EC meter?

Ok all, Thursday update!

Let's start with the previously runty AK-47, now at 21" and hopefully still growing a bit.

It got a little bent last night by the dreaded falling CFL (seems like everyone has that story!)
Day 48:
20170706_081440.jpg

Top flower:
20170706_081459.jpg

Lower branching:
20170706_081519.jpg

Sticking with the GrowBig for now.

And finally, Blueberry 1 on day 58. Feeding with Open Sesame for every watering.

20170706_081943.jpg

Lower buds:
20170706_082050.jpg

Top cola:
20170706_081954.jpg

When I look at this I don't see where the "bud" is. It just looks like a lot of sugar leaves and pistols. Can anyone tell me what I'm missing? Is it just hiding under the leaves?

Top cola close up:
20170706_082030.jpg

Pistols are starting to show more orange on the top, less so on the lower buds. I'm guessing that means that I'll be harvesting from the top down as they ripen.

which breeder did you get the blueberry seeds from?GFP

First post, first page!

Greetings! After all the research I've done (and a lot of it on this site), I thought I'd create a grow journal as I've gotten much info out of others' experiences.

I'm currently growing two autoflower strains from 420:
Blueberry (advertised specs: 15/85 indica dominant, ~14%THC, ~32" tall, 55 days)
AK-47 (advertised specs: 50/50 sativa/indica, ~20%THC, ~25" tall, 56 days)

that's the seedbank ? I meant the breeders. I've had blueberry from Dutch passion for years and it yields tight nugs and high yield .there are many versions of blueberry that don't yield well ..and yield airy loose weed.alrhoigh it will exhibit the blue Hugh the other versions are light feeders and finicky ...not the one I have from Dutch passion it's not finicky and it feeds heavy...you have to check with the seedbank to see which breeder they sold you. GFP

that's the seedbank ? I meant the breeders. I've had blueberry from Dutch passion for years and it yields tight nugs and high yield .there are many versions of blueberry that don't yield well ..and yield airy loose weed.alrhoigh it will exhibit the blue Hugh the other versions are light feeders and finicky ...not the one I have from Dutch passion it's not finicky and it feeds heavy...you have to check with the seedbank to see which breeder they sold you. GFP

Oh, I have no idea. 420 doesn't mention seedbanks in their descriptions for their strains. I'll see if they respond to an email and post back when/if they do.

Back
Top Bottom