First Grow - Casey Jones - DWC - SCROG - Ice Probe Thermoelectric Chiller

Wow! They sure did shoot up.

Not too late to bend those tall ones over and tie them down. Just make a big curve and tie a node or so behind the tip with a longer piece if wire so the tip is a couple inches above the screen. Any node below the tip will turn up and become small colas. The tip will still get big.

Could even just lean them over and tie so they are at a 45 degree or less angle to get the height down some. At least get the canopy closer to level that way.

Damn plants should do what they're told. :)

L8r

@OldMedUser After a day contemplating it I decided to lean them over. I think technically I super-cropped the tallest tops, just kinda gently twisted and pinched and layed them down in the desired direction. Should even out my canopy a bit.

@justice Heading over to Sub and follow along.

Day 9 Flower
20150815_025428.jpg
20150815_025421.jpg

Res is being changed today. Reduced Conni from 15ml/Gal to 12.5ml/gal, removed bud ignitor from lineup, same dose (7.5ml/gal) big bud, bud candy, bud factor x, rhino skin, b52, 3.75ml/gal sense cal mag xtra and 1.5ml/gal DM gold zone.

The HPS bulb i was using was purchased used. New EYE Hortilux enhanced spectrum super HPS 400w grow lamp arrived and will be installed at lights on. This grow deserves a fresh bulb, after all the time and money invested I feel it would've been foolish to finish with sub-PAR bulb. I hope she likes it.

20150819_172139.jpg

She had all night to recover from her 2nd round of super cropping. I don't think i will be doing that again. Keeping my fingers crossed that it will be enough to keep canopy even the rest of the grow. She is growing so fast, 2+ inch/day, I'm begging her to STOP STRETCHING.

Anyone one have an advice on natural, non carcinogenic PGR's to halt stretch?

Excellent choice of bulb my man! I got one myself last fall for my magnetic ballast. $99 tho and the SolarMax I got from the same store a year before was only $69. Both are running now in my current grow.

Hortilux makes good stuff. I have a 14 yo 400W conversion bulb to get MH type light from an HPS ballast. It's got a few thousand hours on it at least and I still use it and it vegs plants just great.

To help limit stretch run your veg lighting during the stretch. I use the conversion bulb and one of the flowering ones together and don't get lots of stretch. When doing a ScroG stretch is welcome so I'll run both hps lights to get more.

L8r

its genetics man certain plants just love to stretch especially in dwc
ive had em come out of veg about 12 inches or less and end up touching the lights while in bloom stretching
my sour diesel is gonna be there soon I am super cropping but its stretching like a mad woman :rofl:

Yeah Cronichh, def genetics. I was aware it was gonna do a 2-3x stretch that is why she was LST'd really low. I know now that I can shorten my veg period a few weeks and train it to stretch under the screen.

Day 16 Flower

Resin production has begun...
20150820_200622.jpg

Super cropped tops are coming back up. Fingers still crossed hoping she will even out.
20150820_200555.jpg
20150819_193022.jpg

I can see the sugar sparkling in there! Mine are frosting up too. Smelling nice with 3 different strains at once.

Hate to hit and run but need to get up earlier for an appt and still have to go mix up a batch of nutes and feed my potted girls.

L8r

Nice pics Dab! :) That is one big lady! Sir Mix-A-Lot would be proud my friend. :)

Thanks for the kind words Bama. Baby got Buds

That girl is reaching for the stars!

L8r

At this point I'm throwing in the towel in my battle to try to stop her. Yesterday I bent 3 of the tops down again a few hours before bedtime. One of those tops has been super cropped 3 times and has the 3 strong elbows to show for it.

My canopy is very dense. Seriously considering defol on day 21. I have been slowly systematically taking off older leaves that already had well developed growth at the node. There just isn't much room for the plant to breath in places.

Will a defol on tallest tops slow down there vertical growth?

Back
Top Bottom