Emmie's Berry D'licious 2019 True Living Organic: No AACT, SCROG, COB, SuperSoil Production Grow & Seed Run

Thanks. The key is the temporary use and ending when signs go away. My autos had a bit of mag need and the 10 drops seem to have done it but i want to be flexible and safe. I expect "Recharge" delivery today. It's going to be very handy from time to time. Since i don't know when these will want water next it'll be great to have on the spur of the moment.
That's one of the biggest things I like about using Recharge vs making my own AACT. I no longer have that problem of trying to have to anticipate watering day, and then sync a tea to be ready at that exact time.

That's one of the biggest things I like about using Recharge vs making my own AACT. I no longer have that problem of trying to have to anticipate watering day, and then sync a tea to be ready at that exact time.
It's a big deal really. Me not running on all cylinders every day is a biggie. And especially starting them out. The little soil nourishing I've been able to do on these babies so far has put them into hyper grow. I haven't been able to put a pic up today but it's notable. I just got the package and there's a lot of life in that small package. I'm thinking at 1/2 tsp/gal it's even a good value. Edit: Or maybe I'm an excitable guy :yahoo:

Bloom, The Actual Day 19

Sorry about that... I got confused as to my start date when I wrote that last update. Those buds were actually at day 16. Today I wish to show you the actual day 19 buds.
Stretch has definitely stopped, and right where I wanted it to be. I give the strong COB lights total credit for keeping stretch to a minimum. There is plenty of room between the array and the top of the canopy, and nothing is going to have to be moved nor any plants supercropped.
DSCF7329.JPG

It appears that good light is getting about a foot and a half into this thick canopy, and then under the canopy is not getting much light at all. Some of the leaves under here are being pulled back and some were damaged by the off and on again magnesium deficiency. I could just be done with it and give a permanent maintenance dose of calmagphos+, but I am trying to be somewhat of a minimalist this grow, so I am only giving it when I see clear signs of need.
DSCF7328.JPG

The canopy is fairly even, with Red being the one that stretched just a little more than the rest.
DSCF7331.JPG
DSCF7330.JPG

And lastly, here are some pretty bud shots so you can see where we are actually at:
DSCF7327.JPGDSCF7326.JPGDSCF7325.JPGDSCF7324.JPG

Bloom, The Actual Day 19

Sorry about that... I got confused as to my start date when I wrote that last update. Those buds were actually at day 16. Today I wish to show you the actual day 19 buds.
Stretch has definitely stopped, and right where I wanted it to be. I give the strong COB lights total credit for keeping stretch to a minimum. There is plenty of room between the array and the top of the canopy, and nothing is going to have to be moved nor no plants supercropped.
DSCF7329.JPG

It appears that good light is getting about a foot and a half into this thick canopy, and then under the canopy is not getting much light at all. Some of the leaves under here are being pulled back and some were damaged by the off and on again magnesium deficiency. I could just be done with it and give a permanent maintenance dose of calmagphos+, but I am trying to be somewhat of a minimalist this grow, so I am only giving it when I see clear signs of need.
DSCF7328.JPG

The canopy is fairly even, with Red being the one that stretched just a little more than the rest.
DSCF7331.JPG
DSCF7330.JPG

And lastly, here are some pretty bud shots so you can see where we are actually at:
DSCF7327.JPGDSCF7326.JPGDSCF7325.JPGDSCF7324.JPG

:jawdropper:

You wound up with a SOG without the ScrOG :)

Very healthy looking buds and trichome coverage ...

This is really opening my eyes to ... "organic grows versus inorganic grows" ... which really confused me when I first started a few months ago.

I am beginning to believe more and more that the liquid inorganic nutrients are great for coco and ProMix ... and the super soil, Recharge, Mega Crop and Bokashi Pro-Gro are great for soil. You start with a healthy soil ... and you keep it healthy ... naturally.

You wound up with a SOG without the ScrOG :)

Very healthy looking buds and trichome coverage ...

This is really opening my eyes to ... "organic grows versus inorganic grows" ... which really confused me when I first started a few months ago.

I am beginning to believe more and more that the liquid inorganic nutrients are great for coco and ProMix ... and the super soil, Recharge, Mega Crop and Bokashi Pro-Gro are great for soil. You start with a healthy soil ... and you keep it healthy ... naturally.

Mega Crop is performing quite well in coco/perlite. I've added a bit of cal/mag as they were showing a deficiency. It's much easier than the General Hydroponic's Flora Trio and Supplements I was using before.

ProMix is the base used in Doc Bud's High Brix Blend.

Mega Crop is performing quite well in coco/perlite. I've added a bit of cal/mag as they were showing a deficiency. It's much easier than the General Hydroponic's Flora Trio and Supplements I was using before.

I too have had great success using promix with inorganic and organic. My 1/2 TLO soil 1/2 promix worked great on my trial run with autos anyways.

Thanks @Old Salt ... that's good to know ...

I've just flipped two tents to 12-12 and will be finishing up some liquid FF bloom nutes and supplements ... and at that point I will start using the Mega Crop ...

Do you use supplements like Recharge or Voodoo Juice in your coco/perlite ...

I'm actually looking forward to the liquid nutrients running out ... I feel a bit duped now that I see everything in one easy package at a much cheaper price.

Do you use supplements like Recharge or Voodoo Juice in your coco/perlite ...
No, I've stayed with only the Flora Trio, Armor Si, CaliMAGic, Rapid Start, Floralicious, and KoolBloom. My current grow started with Mega Crop. I won't switch nutrient lines in the middle of a grow.

Hey Em,

I just finished jarring my first harvest from under my DIY 8 COB array.

With a King X6 Dimmable 1800W COB LED Grow Light, my best harvest from the same 2'X 4' tent was 180gm. This light draws 315w from the wall, and has a published coverage of 5' X 5.5'. I got the dimmable version as I thought it might be too much for my tent. It was turned up to the maximum from the middle of veg to harvest.

For the grow I just jarred, the plants went from seedling to the flip under a Mars Hydro TSL-2000. They went from the flip to harvest under my DIY 8 COB array. This array was set to draw 315w from the wall. The harvest was...

440 gms or 15.7 oz

I just had to shout that out. I think you will see similar results from your light as well.

Hey Em,

With a King X6 Dimmable 1800W COB LED Grow Light, my best harvest from the same 2'X 4' tent was 180gm. This light draws 315w from the wall, and has a published coverage of 5' X 5.5'. I got the dimmable version as I thought it might be too much for my tent. It was turned up to the maximum from the middle of veg to harvest.

For the grow I just jarred, the plants went from seedling to the flip under a Mars Hydro TSL-2000. They went from the flip to harvest under my DIY 8 COB array. This array was set to draw 315w from the wall. The harvest was...

440 gms or 15.7 oz

I just had to shout that out. I think you will see similar results from your light as well.
wow... I can only hope my lights do something as outstanding as your 240% increase!

Hey Em,

440 gms or 15.7 oz

That's quite an improvement!

I have my first coco SOG going right now in a 2'x4' tent so I'm hoping to see good results like that in a few months.

Hi @Smoker9090 and welcome to the forum! :welcome:

I will stop in at your thread and make some comments in a few minutes, after I get my update done here and I am sure we can get you sorted out. As I looked in I noted that you were not yet decided on the method that you wanted to choose, and you had some thoughts of going the hydro direction.
Let me confirm that if you go that route, it is indeed expensive. Not only is it expensive to get started because you not only have to buy the equipment and the nutes, but you will also need some good test meters, minimum a good pH meter and a PPM meter. Then you have a huge learning curve, not just learning how to use these new meters but also how to mix and test your water and know when something has gotten out of whack.
Going with a good soil can save you a whole lot of hasell, and it can be "dirt cheap." I mixed up my soil a number of years ago, and spent a little over $100 to get all the components together, and I have been reusing it over and over all of these years. My cost of operation has gone way way down. Not only do I not have to buy more soil, but I have also gotten away from having to buy commercial nutrients. I also do not need any complicated meters or measuring equipment. Then, here is the best part...
Hydro demands you to be there every day constantly monitoring your fluids. If you have pumps and timers and all this stuff going to make it all work, a power outage can be disastrous. You become a slave to your grow.
I just went away for the weekend after watering my plants on Friday. I just checked on my plants to take pictures for my update, and really I did not even need to open the tent tonight... they won't need attention until tomorrow afternoon when it is time to water. A soil grow provides a buffer that allows you to have a life, and it also makes things much more automatic as far as the plant is concerned. I find soil, especially a living mineralized soil like I am running, to be the absolute best, cheapest and easiest way to grow pot that there is.
I just wanted you to hear these thoughts, so that you can weigh them, while you look at my grow journal, as you consider all the hydro advice you are getting on your own thread. I have offered my advice to you here, but on your thread I will concentrate on what your plants in your current grow need.

Bloom, Day 21
Hi everyone! I hope you all have had as fun of a weekend as I did!

I have come back to the house to a bunch of very beautiful plants at the beginning of the 4th week. I can note no troubles and everyone seems to be growing the buds with abandon. It is really starting to smell fruity when I open the tent... this batch is going to be very fragrant.

Tonight I will let the pictures tell the story, and I will start off with one of our pollinated buds so you can see what is happening there.

DSCF7338.JPG

Then some canopy and bud shots. Please note that on this message I have employed the color balance feature of my camera so you can see the actual colors.

DSCF7334.JPG
DSCF7332.JPG

DSCF7333.JPGDSCF7337.JPGDSCF7336.JPGDSCF7335.JPG

Back
Top Bottom