Doc Bud's High Brix Q&A With Pictures

Those are good points as well bud. A good example of how what works for one will not work for another. I have never run a monocrop though I can see the appeal. I have always liked growing as many strains as I can at once to see what i can find. I am always looking for a better specimen than what I am already running.
Sounds like me

Those are good points as well bud. A good example of how what works for one will not work for another. I have never run a monocrop though I can see the appeal. I have always liked growing as many strains as I can at once to see what i can find. I am always looking for a better specimen than what I am already running.

Right on! :high-five:

That small veg cab limits my options, but it is EXACTLY what I had planned.

The two big advantages to running a single strain is that: 1) they should all finish about the same height (which is not important to me, currently, but good for SOG, SCROG, or other height limitations); and 2) they should all finish about the same time.

That second point is important to me since I'm going to be taking clones a few weeks before the plants in the flower tent finish so I can limit the time the clones spend in that small veg cabinet. If one of the strains takes an extra 30 days to finish, the waiting clones, again, will outgrow the cab.

I'll likely run multiple strains on the first round, just to get another harvest in ASAP. From there, it will be only one or two strains at-a-time, assuming I have two strains that finish about the same time.

Right on! :high-five:

That small veg cab limits my options, but it is EXACTLY what I had planned.

The two big advantages to running a single strain is that: 1) they should all finish about the same height (which is not important to me, currently, but good for SOG, SCROG, or other height limitations); and 2) they should all finish about the same time.

That second point is important to me since I'm going to be taking clones a few weeks before the plants in the flower tent finish so I can limit the time the clones spend in that small veg cabinet. If one of the strains takes an extra 30 days to finish, the waiting clones, again, will outgrow the cab.

I'll likely run multiple strains on the first round, just to get another harvest in ASAP. From there, it will be only one or two strains at-a-time, assuming I have two strains that finish about the same time.

I get it Krip! When our situation demands certain actions, we make tradeoffs. Each of us do this one way or the other.

The clones will be fine in High Brix.

Starting to see some abnormalities (rust spots) on the fan leaves of my plants and looking for recommendations on remedies. Temps were running a little hot @91 but I solved that problem yesterday, so dunno if it's from heat or what. Feed schedule so far has been GE, trans and just did plain water before I notice spots.

Starting to see some abnormalities (rust spots) on the fan leaves of my plants and looking for recommendations on remedies. Temps were running a little hot @91 but I solved that problem yesterday, so dunno if it's from heat or what. Feed schedule so far has been GE, trans and just did plain water before I notice spots.
Looks like you may be just starting to run outa juice... you probably wanted to start with a Transplant Drench, then ro... I like doing a couple TP drenches before I start with the GE... Give em a chance to really get some roots. I also noticed if I let them get too dry they would get those spots and lose a few lower fans. When you due to feed next? How many grows you have with the kit?

Looks like you may be just starting to run outa juice... you probably wanted to start with a Transplant Drench, then ro... I like doing a couple TP drenches before I start with the GE... Give em a chance to really get some roots. I also noticed if I let them get too dry they would get those spots and lose a few lower fans. When you due to feed next? How many grows you have with the kit?
This is my first kit grow, so learning as I go. This is only day 33 so wouldn't think the soil is running out of juice yet? Next feed will prob be in 4 days, think I should hit them with destress to perk back up?

Hey KB! I suspect you are watering/feeding to often. You really need to let them dry out good. After planting, the first water should be around 21 days, then another 10 days or so and you've got 3 water/feeds in that amount of time. They'll be fine. Make sure the pots are light before you feed. How many ml of drench and how much tea and water? I'd do a TD next. Like daj said trans helps with a healthy root mass which is what is important now. I have a girl that has been in a 1 for far to long and she had those same rust spots, will transplant her soon.

Yep, Ween has more experience than me so go with what he says.
With the soil losing energy... I usually ran into that problem when I let them get too dry or when I wasn’t giving enough of the drenches. All I know if I manage to keep those spots away by making sure the pots are dry, but not too dry. You want them close to the weight of a 1gallon pot full of hb soil from the bin. If you make one 1gal up like this it’ll help you judge if you’re dry enough. Then make sure your drenching heavy enough to keep that soil grooving. No worries, you’ll get this down in no time!

Hey Daj! I may be more experienced with the kit but you got a handle on it quicker than I did! I'm really just throwing out some thoughts and hoping Doc or one of the vets will stop by with something more concrete. Either way, KBs plants are looking good and are gonna be just fine! Need more pics of groot buddy!

Hey Daj! I may be more experienced with the kit but you got a handle on it quicker than I did! I'm really just throwing out some thoughts and hoping Doc or one of the vets will stop by with something more concrete. Either way, KBs plants are looking good and are gonna be just fine! Need more pics of groot buddy!
Hey there Ween! Yes sir KBs plants are looking great. I think if he just adjusts the drenches and the tea as well as being a bit easier on the Brix... in conjunction with getting that environment stabilized, he will be golden! He’s off to a great start, this system has a pretty good learning curve for some. But seems we all get there in the end!
Yea ol Groot... cannjardlt wait smoke her up! I’ll get some pics up soon my man, and an update for her feedings. Almost time for another one!

I went back and read your journal and the amounts look ok except 2ml of tea with the ge was high and 5oz/5ml of brix is a lot for those little plants, did you use it all? I would use 2/2. You don't want to overdo the brix. Again, they'll be fine!
I didn't use all the brix, wasted more product than I used lol. Foliars are new to me will get the hang of it, eventually. The pots have been very light when I dunk, I contemplated taking a peek at the roots before this recent dunk but didn't. Plants look good just wanted to get ahead of any issues. Will plan on trans next feed, thanks bud.

I didn't use all the brix, wasted more product than I used lol. Foliars are new to me will get the hang of it, eventually. The pots have been very light when I dunk, I contemplated taking a peek at the roots before this recent dunk but didn't. Plants look good just wanted to get ahead of any issues. Will plan on trans next feed, thanks bud.
I get those and the lower leaves tends to yellow and fall off on me as well. I tend to wait until they wilt though early in veg. I probably should start watering a bit earlier. I normally go 4-5 weeks before their first full watering.

High and happy fourth.
I haven't posted in this thread in a long ass time.

Running landrace strains in Doc's kit is highly recommended.;)
Here are a couple of Dr Ziggys Zamaldelica+ regs at day 46 of veg in 5 gallon tallboi.
Zam 1

Zam 2

Ace Panama x purple pck at veg 46:

Ace Bubba Kush x NepJam

:surf:

Back
Top Bottom