Doc Bud's High Brix Q&A With Pictures

FWIW
I have PM on my zucchini every year.

Looked on line and someone suggested 1tsp baking soda, 1tsp canola oil and a bit of dish soap.

I sprayed the plants and 90% gone after the first application. I hope for 100% with another spray or two

FWIW
I have PM on my zucchini every year.

Looked on line and someone suggested 1tsp baking soda, 1tsp canola oil and a bit of dish soap.

I sprayed the plants and 90% gone after the first application. I hope for 100% with another spray or two

How much water did you use with that mix?

How much water did you use with that mix?

I use something similar, but with peanut oil. To keep the monkeys away. One gallon for the above amounts for me. No, really, I use that and it works. Haven't seen a monkey in years...:clown:

I use something similar, but with peanut oil. To keep the monkeys away. One gallon for the above amounts for me. No, really, I use that and it works. Haven't seen a monkey in years...:clown:

"Monkey-be-gone" foliars. I think it has market potential!

Well, here's some behind the scenes info on me:

I came within an inch of losing my warehouse space this last month, which would have meant taking a break from growing. I put in a offer to buy the place, but an all-cash buyer stepped in with a fat offer and grabbed it.....under the condition that I remain on the lease!

I don't even know the guy....yet....but based on 4 years of never missed/never late payments and the fact that all my neighbors rallied around and convinced the guy that he had to keep me on the premises I now have a new lease and plans for a small expansion!

Up until yesterday morning, I was pretty sure I was going to have to shutdown at the end of July. Now, I'm good to go!

Whew!

karma, Doc, karma....

karma, Doc, karma....

Bullet dodged!

As wise person told me a few years ago regarding the cannabis industry:

"Never, ever make enemies in this business."

It was great advice! I'm not one to make enemies in the first place, but in my particular situation I went out of my way to accomodate and respect all my neighbors. Because I don't take up a lot of parking places and allow my neighbors to park in front of my rollup door if necessary (heavy line diesel mechanic) and always say hello, and the like....because I haven't had a negative interaction with anyone there for 4 years I was blown away by the support I got.

5 businesses ranging from diesel mechanic, plumber, electrician, cabinet makers and musical practice space all made a point to get in the realtor's and buyer's face telling them that they want MY business to stay etc.

Professional, kind, cheerful, consistent, honest.....these are the characteristics of the modern cannabis professional. We are now welcome alongside every other business entity.

Oh....my neighbors also like the produce, but wait till they taste the celebratory BBQ I'm planning for them all.

It's a new day! Headed to the garden in a few.

Doc and other HBers,

Having a problem with some new plants. Two strains, both showing yellowing (and dying) bottom leaves. They were started in small dixie cups . Plants are approx. 20 days from seed. My guess was they were either root bound or have a nitrogen deficiency.

I transplanted (roots circling, but not a mass that I would consider root bound) into 1 gal pots and fed with 4 ml of Transplant and 2 ml of Tea in one gallon, divided evenly among the four.

Attached are photos of each strain. Did I get this right, or?? Thanks in advance for any advice you might have.

IMG_020850.jpg
IMG_020939.jpg

Mike- Did you have drain holes in the bottom of your dixie cups?

Mike- Did you have drain holes in the bottom of your dixie cups?
Yes, I did. Sides and bottom. Standard practice. Typically, I watch for roots to peek out of the holes, which tells me it's time to transplant, but they weren't real obvious this time.

I did use a different cup this time - more"waxy" as opposed to "cardboardee". Maybe that had something to do with it.

Yes, I did. Sides and bottom. Standard practice. Typically, I watch for roots to peek out of the holes, which tells me it's time to transplant, but they weren't real obvious this time.

I did use a different cup this time - more"waxy" as opposed to "cardboardee". Maybe that had something to do with it.

Good deal. I asked because they had a bit of that over-watered look.
I agree with duggan - I bet they get very happy very quickly in their new homes.

... and with 47 years of experience, you just might teach us (me) a thing or two. :high-five:

Correction: Adds up to 43 years after all. So Sorry folks.:Namaste:

:circle-of-love:

Back
Top Bottom