Doc Bud: All Organic OG Kush SCROG

Im so excited I just ordered SLH. Can't wait to grow it!!

I've grown it, just did a round of it in the greenhouse. For me, it's an "OK" strain. Not the best Sativa dominant hybrid out there....very strong. Bold smell.....just a bit on the unrefined side as far as effect.

However, people just love it, so it's probably my physiology that doesn't react to it with the same level of excitement that others do. To me, the Jack Herer is in a similar class and is much better over all.....same with Blue Dream.

Here's one thing I can tell you about the SLH:

It stretches....oh my, it stretches!!!! Keep the day/night temps very close to eachother during stretch and get some bright light on those plants!

DocBud said:
I've grown it, just did a round of it in the greenhouse. For me, it's an "OK" strain. Not the best Sativa dominant hybrid out there....very strong. Bold smell.....just a bit on the unrefined side as far as effect.

However, people just love it, so it's probably my physiology that doesn't react to it with the same level of excitement that others do. To me, the Jack Herer is in a similar class and is much better over all.....same with Blue Dream.

Here's one thing I can tell you about the SLH:

It stretches....oh my, it stretches!!!! Keep the day/night temps very close to eachother during stretch and get some bright light on those plants!

Thank you so much for the info!! I'll keep her directly under my 1000w hps :) I'm smoking smoke blue dream right now it's quite nice. SLH is more for my girl I'm all about the indicas for pain

Thank you so much for the info!! I'll keep her directly under my 1000w hps :) I'm smoking smoke blue dream right now it's quite nice. SLH is more for my girl I'm all about the indicas for pain

RE pain: Yep, I hear ya on the Indica. However, there are two exceptions I've noticed:

1.)Space Jill, from TGA. This is a very upbeat, wideawake strain that had amazing pain relief as well
2.)Flo, by DJ Short. Like eating a handful of Advil without any side effects. Also, a great lucid feeling.

Of course, the Columbian beats them both....but good luck finding some.

DocBud said:
RE pain: Yep, I hear ya on the Indica. However, there are two exceptions I've noticed:

1.)Space Jill, from TGA. This is a very upbeat, wideawake strain that had amazing pain relief as well
2.)Flo, by DJ Short. Like eating a handful of Advil without any side effects. Also, a great lucid feeling.

Of course, the Columbian beats them both....but good luck finding some.

Space Jill is very very good to me. Haven't grown it but buy it every time I see it at the shop! I'm growing and have grown DJ Shorts Grape Krush! My last grow had lots of problems but the buds came out nice in the end. Can't wait to see how it turns out this time with no problems.

I'll have to check out Flo!! But I think fifteen strains should keep me pretty busy for awhile haha

So Doc! The Blue Dream is my wife's favorite, with all the shops closing in my city cant seem to find a bud or a cut of it. Have you heard of any seed banks selling Blue Dream? Besides the Jack are there any other strains that are comprable that you would recommend?

Must be awesome to not have to mix nutes once a week? Im going to use remainder of my GO line and switch to the super soil. Some tea and alittle of that good snowstorm ultra stuff you use and thats it. Im not even going to ph. Just see what happens.

I have a foam layer on top of my current tea batch. Any Ideas?

Thanks for responding to my endless questions, really awesome thing your doing.

Peace

So Doc! The Blue Dream is my wife's favorite, with all the shops closing in my city cant seem to find a bud or a cut of it. Have you heard of any seed banks selling Blue Dream? Besides the Jack are there any other strains that are comprable that you would recommend?

Must be awesome to not have to mix nutes once a week? Im going to use remainder of my GO line and switch to the super soil. Some tea and alittle of that good snowstorm ultra stuff you use and thats it. Im not even going to ph. Just see what happens.

Peace

RE the Foam on the Tea: Are you aerating the mix? If so, if this is a foam like bubbles it's a good sign, the microbes are happy.

On the other hand if it smells foul and looks more like pond scum....your tea has gone anaerobic and must be thrown out.

RE pH: If you use 3 or more gallon pots---I use 7's---you don't need to pH. Don't even give it a second thought. I am absolutely mystified as to why soil growers even give it a thought. I think all the pH down is far worse for the plants than just letting the soil and the microherd deal with the pH.

I suppose if you grow in dirt and use the full Advanced Nutrients line pH might be important....but in proper organic soil it's just silly to worry. I never do......and my plants do OK.

Strains: If she likes Blue Dream she'd probably like Skunk, OG Kush, Strawberry Cough, Chocolope, Space Jill, Third Dimension, and Pre98 Bubba.....of course, once she tried the Colombian Gold.....the others become mundane.

onegramperwat said:

Peace

Foam is good!! It means the proteins are working in your tea. I just wrote up a guide to brewing tea you should. Check it out it's in my sig. Hope it helps :)

my favorite thing about the SLH is it yields rather well for a sativa dom, It does definitely smoke like a hybrid, so don't expect something really really sativa, but at the same time, it doesn't keep you down, really motivates you to get up and do something. The buds get really thick and if you let them go 10-11 weeks, they really harden up and get very dense. The smell is probably the best part, smells really unique. Like Doc said, it will stretch and stretch and stretch some more.

Now that I think about it, I do have one bad thing to say about the strain. I don't know if it's me, but every round I've had from it, around week 8 the bud weight really pulls on the branches and if you dont support them, they will bend right over. I've never had a branch snap, they stay fairly flexible and just bend over from the weight. I have them stacked pretty close together and just intertwine the branches for extra support. They stretch so much that the node spacing is fairly spread out, so it doesn't hinder air flow..

It would make a great SCROG strain I think

my favorite thing about the SLH is it yields rather well for a sativa dom, It does definitely smoke like a hybrid, so don't expect something really really sativa, but at the same time, it doesn't keep you down, really motivates you to get up and do something. The buds get really thick and if you let them go 10-11 weeks, they really harden up and get very dense. The smell is probably the best part, smells really unique. Like Doc said, it will stretch and stretch and stretch some more.

Now that I think about it, I do have one bad thing to say about the strain. I don't know if it's me, but every round I've had from it, around week 8 the bud weight really pulls on the branches and if you dont support them, they will bend right over. I've never had a branch snap, they stay fairly flexible and just bend over from the weight. I have them stacked pretty close together and just intertwine the branches for extra support. They stretch so much that the node spacing is fairly spread out, so it doesn't hinder air flow..

Thanks so much for the info on SLH!! I just set up my screen for this grow so I'll be using it for my next grow as well. Also I'm setting up a veg area to start the seeds right away when the arrive!!

The way I deal with strains like SLH, that stretch like crazy, is to top in veg between second and third node, when there are five nodes.

This will give you 4 nice colas, and if you flip a week or two after the top, the overall height of the plants will be less.

SLH is a good candidate for 12/12 from seed, which is mainly what I do. The plant will still veg for about 45 days if started on 12 hour cycle, so you can still top, etc.

I do pretty much the same thing. SLH responds great to topping. I top mine multiple times in veg, and end up with 6-8 nice sized colas when I'm done. Like you said, it's the best way to get the most out of these stretching strains.

She also responds very well to super cropping. If you do it early into flower in multiple places, it helps lessen the sagging branches quite a bit, and you can also get the lights closer

DocBud said:
You could get exactly 1 clone.....when you top. However, I don't recommend it, because you're going to stress the clone by changing photoperiod.

12.12 grows are all about seeds. If you want cuttings, do a traditional veg/bloom type grow.

Right on. Thanks looks like ill be going traditional :) seeds are about to ship across seas so excited

you can also take cuttings from a plant in 12/12 and it will be fine only if you have an area for vegging (or just any space with more than 12hrs of light).

I've taken clones off SLH, OG kush, Cheese, and AK all while in flower right after the stretch period. They root, and then take a couple of weeks to revert back to veg. If you're running reg seeds and don't want to clone unless you're sure its female, it's a great way to do it

Doc,

I don't know how I missed this journal. I thought you might have disappeared again. No signature this time?

I just finished another grow with what I have learned from you and other 420magers and I seem to be getting better with each grow. The Cream Carmel turned out the best of the bunch this round.

Next grow Kannabia Orginal Berry and Dinafem Diesel already 3 and 2 weeks in flowering room respectively, in OC+ etc.

And just added two 4th gen WW clones yesterday. One with the usual OC+ etc, and the other I will use Dynagro Bloom for a comparison.

Watering schedule is about every 6 days right now, except for the smaller pots, which need water about every 3 days. Soon, I'll have to up that frequency, as some of the plants are entering the "hard drinking" phase.

I brewed a tea for the last feeding:

worm tea, 50/50 bloom vs. grow bat guano, molasses, epsom salt, humic acid. This brewed for 48 hours, with two airstones.

The final pruning was done as well. Bud sites, good leaf turgor.....away we go!

OH.....here's the hydro OG
IMG_21151.JPG

IMG_21163.JPG

The organic OG:
IMG_21173.JPG

And some shots of the other side of the room:
IMG_21181.JPG

IMG_21193.JPG

IMG_21201.JPG

IMG_21213.JPG

IMG_21222.JPG

IMG_21234.JPG

IMG_21245.JPG

Side note: I've now grown 8 strains with the supersoil. Here's my observations.......

1.)Exceeds expectations with TGA strains, Jack Herer, and Lemon Paki.
2.)Acceptable results with Cheese
3.)Too hot for many of the exotic strains I'm growing.

If you want to use Subcool's super soil and you're growing a TGA strain, just do exactly what it says in the recipe and you'll be very happy with the results.

If you're growing a light feeder, definitely modify the recipe....start by using half the amount of blood meal and see what happens. Another option is to use half blood meal/half alfalfa meal.

Another note: I stopped using Roots Organic soil because it was infested with fungus gnats. Well, their organic worm castings are also a gnat factory! Aurora's products should be used outdoors......indoors you're gonna have gnats. They're not that hard to deal with.....but I still don't like 'em.

Doc ty for the heads up on the Roots.

I was thinking about buying a bag of this for the next grow. And was about to ask if you have heard of it or knew anyone that used it.
HTG Supply - Roots Organic Soilless Cocofiber 1.5 Cubic Feet , but since you mentioned bugs, I'll think I'll shy away.

Other question I have is about your toking. What is your main method for consumption. Joints, pipe, vape?

I smoke about a 1/2 joint a day and maybe a bowl or two at night. However, my partner is a HEAVY consumer and goes through boxes of Zigzag's like I go through single packs. He's thinking of investing in a vaporizer.

Any advice an a decent priced one or even a good cheap carry around one? I made a cheap one out of a soldering iron like I saw on YouTube and it worked good, but was not something he wanted sitting around his house. Looked more like something one of the local crack heads would like to fire up, lol.

Doc ty for the heads up on the Roots.

I was thinking about buying a bag of this for the next grow. And was about to ask if you have heard of it or knew anyone that used it.
HTG Supply - Roots Organic Soilless Cocofiber 1.5 Cubic Feet , but since you mentioned bugs, I'll think I'll shy away.

Other question I have is about your toking. What is your main method for consumption. Joints, pipe, vape?

I smoke about a 1/2 joint a day and maybe a bowl or two at night. However, my partner is a HEAVY consumer and goes through boxes of Zigzag's like I go through single packs. He's thinking of investing in a vaporizer.

Any advice an a decent priced one or even a good cheap carry around one? I made a cheap one out of a soldering iron like I saw on YouTube and it worked good, but was not something he wanted sitting around his house. Looked more like something one of the local crack heads would like to fire up, lol.

I don't understand coco and I don't know anything about the Roots coco product. Sorry about that.....

RE consumption of medicine:

For me it depends on the setting, but I have an EZ-Vape, a medium sized bong, a bubbler and I do roll joints as well.

I try to vaporize as much as possible, but I don't always feel like waiting, putting it away.....and it sure doesn't work well in the hot tub. :smokin:

The vape is the healthiest method, for sure, and if I was a heavy user, I'd try to only vape.

However, you'll notice that the high is just a bit different when you vape....not a negative....just different. Some strains vape better than others.....you just have to experiment.

My favorite method is probably the least healthy and most wasteful: joints.

I love joints! The smoke smells good, no clean up, easy to carry, easy to get rid of.....I just love 'em. There is nothing better than a couple of grams of Columbian Gold in a nice organic hemp paper. :peace:

Back
Top Bottom