Diesel Twice, Strawberry Diesel, Blue Widow And Mimosa Orange Punch

I was airing them out for the cure. The lighting is wack, I’ll have to figure out better lighting to get better pictures with more true color tone

Idk if portrait mode adds a filter or something.

Just a quick update.

I harvested last week and trimmed this week.

I trashed a lot of the plants because:
A. I was really over it trimming them 😂
B. Some of the plant’s structures were un-desirable i.e. loose, airy……SEEDY!

That said there were 4 or 5 plants that really outshined the others. 2 of the sour strawberry, 2 of the sour diesel. I got 12 mason jars of decent stuff. Dense, smells good, minimal beanage.

I’ll get more pics later.

IMG_1074.jpeg

IMG_1073.jpeg

IMG_1072.jpeg
WooHoo!

Sour Strawberry was my long time favorite! I am looking forward to your Smoke report! ❤️

Things I learned this grow:

1.Some plants can’t handle too much stress and I coincidentally had them all in the same tent. It was a my bad doing a pretty hearty defol mid flower….or there could be a light leak or it got too hot (never above 88°F) idk. I do think one plant was a true herm?

I’ve done some pretty heavy defols in mid late flower before and never had issues.

2.Silica supplement to isn’t a substitute for staking, trellising or anything like that.

3. It’s probably better just to get over it and destroy undesirable plants. You hate to do it and the seeds are expensive but I think it’s better to cull garbage than to save it. Which leads to 4….

4. You can tell pretty early in flower (2-4 weeks?) the structure of your buds.

5. Bananas and pollen sacks don’t mean everything gets pollinated, I was spared some heart ache.

6. Going straight organic can have an…odor.

7. I got lazy monitoring humidity because if I run my dehumidifier it just creates another problem: heat. Putting AC in my basement isn’t going to fly. Maybe I’ll avoid summer grows but no mold so that’s a plus!

8. IDK what happened, lock out or something, to some of the plants. Looked like they were suffering a cal or mag deficiency. Maybe my water is too hard and caused a salt buildup? It was like 2 or three plants the rest were fine.

9. I will never do more than 7-8 plants again 🙃. Trimming is for the birds.

I suffered a bit….but I’m going to do it again!

IMG_1076.gif

Things I learned this grow:

1.Some plants can’t handle too much stress and I coincidentally had them all in the same tent. It was a my bad doing a pretty hearty defol mid flower….or there could be a light leak or it got too hot (never above 88°F) idk. I do think one plant was a true herm?

I’ve done some pretty heavy defols in mid late flower before and never had issues.

2.Silica supplement to isn’t a substitute for staking, trellising or anything like that.

3. It’s probably better just to get over it and destroy undesirable plants. You hate to do it and the seeds are expensive but I think it’s better to cull garbage than to save it. Which leads to 4….

4. You can tell pretty early in flower (2-4 weeks?) the structure of your buds.

5. Bananas and pollen sacks don’t mean everything gets pollinated, I was spared some heart ache.

6. Going straight organic can have an…odor.

7. I got lazy monitoring humidity because if I run my dehumidifier it just creates another problem: heat. Putting AC in my basement isn’t going to fly. Maybe I’ll avoid summer grows but no mold so that’s a plus!

8. IDK what happened, lock out or something, to some of the plants. Looked like they were suffering a cal or mag deficiency. Maybe my water is too hard and caused a salt buildup? It was like 2 or three plants the rest were fine.

9. I will never do more than 7-8 plants again 🙃. Trimming is for the birds.

I suffered a bit….but I’m going to do it again!

IMG_1076.gif
WooHoo!

I Believe you are being too hard on yourself and this grow! You didn't ask for Opinions, so I am a little apprehensive about offering unsolicited advice, so I will limit my post.

Firstly, we don't grow leaves, ALL your Budz look PERFECT! ❤️

I Don't Believe the Defoliation was the cause of the nanners. If you were at 88 deg F, that could very well be the cause. I would have probably defoliated Alot more because the ONLY thing that was off was Overwatering signs, probably due to the Humidity caused by so much leaf transpiration in the heat. There, I said it!

The N was not lacking, lol, but I did not see any signs of toxicity.

Since you avoided mold and mildew, I would rate the results 10 out of 10!

Great Grow! ❤️

WooHoo!

I Believe you are being too hard on yourself and this grow! You didn't ask for Opinions, so I am a little apprehensive about offering unsolicited advice, so I will limit my post.

Firstly, we don't grow leaves, ALL your Budz look PERFECT! ❤️

I Don't Believe the Defoliation was the cause of the nanners. If you were at 88 deg F, that could very well be the cause. I would have probably defoliated Alot more because the ONLY thing that was off was Overwatering signs, probably due to the Humidity caused by so much leaf transpiration in the heat. There, I said it!

The N was not lacking, lol, but I did not see any signs of toxicity.

Since you avoided mold and mildew, I would rate the results 10 out of 10!

Great Grow! ❤️
I knew I was nitro heavy going to flower but I’m height limited. I really couldn’t wait another couple weeks to flip knowing at that point the added growth plus the stretch would definitely go into the light. I had to super crop a bunch of buds that were maybe 6 inches from the light…and that was a late/mid flower foible too.

The one crispy looking blue widow I pulled a while back definitely had nitro toxicity which just caused downstream problems.

I also crammed the tent inadvertently. I thought I bought a pkg. of 3 gallon pots but they were 5 gallons. So everything was 5 gals instead of 3s….except for the mimosa that was in a 7….

….which leads to the watering/ humidity. I don’t think I over watered (I may have?) I got a bit lazy and only watered once a week for a good bit and would only water when they started to droop and stink. It’s one of my working theories of the mysterious calcium or magnesium deficiencies in a few of the plants….

…but watering 11 thirsty plants crammed into a 5x5 tent is going to get quite steamy regardless and what really doesn’t help is that the static or ambient humidity outdoors was 80% and about 74% inside my house. I live near the Great Lakes so it gets pretty gross 🥵.

So there was some trade offs. Run the dehumidifier get hot and have a skirmish between the sinking cooler air from the AC battling with the hot air rising from the dehumidifier 😂

I was never consistent in either so really it was a miscalculated risk of getting the worst of 2 worlds: stressed plants vs. mold. To be honest I’ve only gotten 2 isolated cases of bud rot and those were only on mainlined plants with yuuuge buds.

Criticism and advice always welcome btw.

I knew I was nitro heavy going to flower but I’m height limited. I really couldn’t wait another couple weeks to flip knowing at that point the added growth plus the stretch would definitely go into the light. I had to super crop a bunch of buds that were maybe 6 inches from the light…and that was a late/mid flower foible too.

The one crispy looking blue widow I pulled a while back definitely had nitro toxicity which just caused downstream problems.

I also crammed the tent inadvertently. I thought I bought a pkg. of 3 gallon pots but they were 5 gallons. So everything was 5 gals instead of 3s….except for the mimosa that was in a 7….

….which leads to the watering/ humidity. I don’t think I over watered (I may have?) I got a bit lazy and only watered once a week for a good bit and would only water when they started to droop and stink. It’s one of my working theories of the mysterious calcium or magnesium deficiencies in a few of the plants….

…but watering 11 thirsty plants crammed into a 5x5 tent is going to get quite steamy regardless and what really doesn’t help is that the static or ambient humidity outdoors was 80% and about 74% inside my house. I live near the Great Lakes so it gets pretty gross 🥵.

So there was some trade offs. Run the dehumidifier get hot and have a skirmish between the sinking cooler air from the AC battling with the hot air rising from the dehumidifier 😂

I was never consistent in either so really it was a miscalculated risk of getting the worst of 2 worlds: stressed plants vs. mold. To be honest I’ve only gotten 2 isolated cases of bud rot and those were only on mainlined plants with yuuuge buds.

Criticism and advice always welcome btw.
WooHoo!

I offer NO criticism in this grow whatsoever! ❤️ I feel you did a superb job start to finish!

My comment about Overwatering was not about feeding, just about the plants ability to move water in the humidity, which can cause the appearance of calcium and other deficiencies. I defoliate rather heavily after the 12/12 stretch to bring down humidity and increase airflow, I lost a whole room to powder mildew on my last grow. Trying to manage a decent size room with 12 plants that were bouncing off the ceiling was too much for me to control by myself! Lesson learned!

I lost my Sour Strawberry, well actually all my genetics in that Powder Mildew fiasco, and ended up shutting down my basement grow. After that I moved and have been smoking thru All the saved up bud for a few years now. Just supplementing my Stash with Outdoor Summer grows. But, I am planning to setup a small tent in my New place to play around.

When you start another journal, post a link in this one, or tag me, so I can enjoy the Whole journey!

I think you did a Great job! ❤️

WooHoo!

I offer NO criticism in this grow whatsoever! ❤️ I feel you did a superb job start to finish!

My comment about Overwatering was not about feeding, just about the plants ability to move water in the humidity, which can cause the appearance of calcium and other deficiencies. I defoliate rather heavily after the 12/12 stretch to bring down humidity and increase airflow, I lost a whole room to powder mildew on my last grow. Trying to manage a decent size room with 12 plants that were bouncing off the ceiling was too much for me to control by myself! Lesson learned!

I lost my Sour Strawberry, well actually all my genetics in that Powder Mildew fiasco, and ended up shutting down my basement grow. After that I moved and have been smoking thru All the saved up bud for a few years now. Just supplementing my Stash with Outdoor Summer grows. But, I am planning to setup a small tent in my New place to play around.

When you start another journal, post a link in this one, or tag me, so I can enjoy the Whole journey!

I think you did a Great job! ❤️
I know that feel. A bunch of bad things happen in a grow and just cascades into a nightmare and you get discouraged.

Back
Top Bottom