Deformed or Mutated Leaves

Absolutley light leaks affect flower but typically a light leak wouldn’t cause reveg… What I mean is hopefully your tent provides a dark enough environment so the real issue is does the plant get 12 hours of uninterrupted darkness… in other words it would have to be one heck of a light leak to trigger reveg and hopefully you were aware of this and the tent provides proper light blocking conditions

One can force flower by pushing the light schedule but there’s also considerations for a plant being sexually mature. Once a young plant reaches staggered nodes it is considered the start of sexual maturity but mid reveg isn’t really sexually mature… single bladed fans and 3 bladed fans are symptoms of photoperiod stress.

Of course I could be wrong here so that’s why I asked for more input from the pros.

Please feel free to try whatever suits your situation but with the knowledge that the safe way to ensure the plant doesn’t go tits up is to allow her to finish reveg cycle before flipping again…

I’m happy to learn more or be proven wrong here seriously it’s no big thing either way- it’s how we learn more so please keep us posted on your girls here

it's a gnarly reveg and looks to have a pest as well judging by the whorled leaves. the single to three blade smooth leaves are the reveg sign, the whorled twisted ones is a reaction to a pest, probably picked up outdoor and then exploded when inside.

would have to see the whole plant but assume it's gonna need a repot/up pot, and a root trim at the very least if you wanna make it to flower in a container. if it's going into the ground then just plant it. a reveg goes crazy and needs loads of root room.

besides that you need to get the light schedule straightened out and decide if you are gonna flower or not.

Thanks very much all! Your responses are incredibly helpful. See full plant photos attached.

I'm inclined to plant these in our garden (in excellent soil and appropriately fed) so they have plenty of space to get huge above and below ground. And then just prune as needed and let them flower on their own as the summer starts to wind down and nights get increasingly longer. Our night length here (dark sky area) is currently 7.5 hrs and of course getting incrementally longer each night. If you think I should give the plants another week or two under 18-6 lights before planting outside, let me know. New growth on these plants look slightly more normal (no whorled leaves but still fewer lobes - too small to tell how many yet).

BTW, I thought I saw whorled leaves as reveg indicators in a few of the photos on this site talking about the accidental reveg issue (same link I provided in earlier post). So I assumed pests weren't part of my issue. Plant and leaves otherwise look very healthy.

Thanks again very much to all of you!

PXL_20240630_214833788.jpg

PXL_20240630_214855631.jpg

I'm inclined to plant these in our garden (in excellent soil and appropriately fed) so they have plenty of space to get huge above and below ground. And then just prune as needed and let them flower on their own

just plant and don't worry about the light schedule then. the plant will reveg and then flower naturally with the season.

BTW, I thought I saw whorled leaves as reveg indicators in a few of the photos on this site talking about the accidental reveg issue (same link I provided in earlier post). So I assumed pests weren't part of my issue.

pxl_20240625_144347076-jpg.3614780

the whorled leaves in the center of this pic is often a pest response. you will see it on plants that haven't gone through reveg that have gotten a pest.

Thank you bluter! Re pests, they must be microscopic since I see nothing on the leaves with a pretty powerful lens. I imagine there's a part of this forum where pests and how to address pest issues are discussed. I'll look for that and take it from there. Thanks again!

Thank you bluter! Re pests, they must be microscopic since I see nothing on the leaves with a pretty powerful lens.

there'd be a larger issue showing if it was something serious.
i don't want to contemplate what it could be.

Back
Top Bottom