Copperrein's Summer 2021 Outdoor Soil Grow

John just went 'Oooo...a cast iron wagon jack' from across the room :D

Fuck, that's gorge :green_heart: This is the rosin press to-be?
Yeah!! It's going to be made with brass guides, brass and mahogany plates with the heating elements inset into the wood and the brass plates laminating them. Just rummaging around in the workshop for all the materials. Watch this space

Yeah!! It's going to be made with brass guides, brass and mahogany plates with the heating elements inset into the wood and the brass plates laminating them. Just rummaging around in the workshop for all the materials. Watch this space
God yes! Google 'filework knife'. Put that in yer pipe and smoke it! Ah, this is gonna be so cool!

God yes! Google 'filework knife'. Put that in yer pipe and smoke it! Ah, this is gonna be so cool!
Awesome, those pattern's are funky. This is where I will be picking your brains. I was thinking about some funky inlay for the wood. I will get it working first. Then turn it into a work of art. It might be a complete failure and burst itself apart on the first attempt.

I learned how to roll a 'backwoods' today :cheer:

Got my outdoor soil cooking. This will get mixed in with last year's soil eventually. Right now it's cooking. I'll turn it in a few weeks and recover. It's made of: chicken poop, peat, sphagnum, humus, compost, gypsum, dolomitic lime, feathers, straw, alfalfa pellets, humic acid, azomite, and mycos.

Special thanks to @Pat Puffer , @GoogleGenie , and @NuttyProfessor for answering all my nooby questions and having journals that have really opened my eyes to soil and fertilizers.

IMG_20210320_131045_821.jpg

IMG_20210320_154009_957.jpg

IMG_20210320_154429_691.jpg

IMG_20210320_160935_429.jpg

The chicken poop had been in 55 gallon drums open to the elements. Straw and pine, too. Rain and snow turned the straw and pine into an organic filter through which the poop percolated. At the bottom was some incredibly hot, super ammonia stuff. I left that in the bottom for refinement for fireworks perhaps. Everything above it went in the soil.

Aaaaand now I'm bored again. If only I had some more grow room... ;)
:green_heart:

The weather has been amaaaazing here so I've been outside as much as possible. My idea of letting all the poop my chickens make in a year sit and get funky in barrels provided for some super hot fertilizer this week. I bed my coop with pine/poplar shavings most of the year, but had to toss a bale of straw in this winter since temps dropped well below zero and winds, as always, were nearly non-stop.

That mix of shavings and straw ended up becoming a natural filter for all the poop! I had 'grades' of poop: the top stuff I used for top dressing since most of it was bedding. The middle was about 50/50 poo to bedding by volume. The bottom...I was going to set the stuff in the bottom aside for pyro stuff since it made my eyes water BUT then I read brassicas do better in high N soils. Explosive bottom poo will be feeding (and hopefully protecting) all my cauliflower, broccoli, and brussels sprouts.

In addition to outdoor gardening, I have some super exciting news: @GrowTina of BESTVA accepted me as one of their sponsored light growers! I was going to wait until I got my other sponsors on board to start reporting on this light in a new journal BUT...I put it in place of my T5s I use for sprouting and >.> I really like it. I've already seen a huge jump in plant 'beefiness' (if that's a word). The light looks warmer than my other LED full spectrum light....it feels more like actual sun. Not blowing smoke up anyone's pant legs here...so far I'm really happy with it.

Before

After

Outdoor ladies are doing well. I'm wondering if it's time to up-pot. I've been prepping the outside garden for my 12 plants which means dumping all the old grow bags. In the process of that I found some of last year's root balls:

They look kinda....ick. It looks like I messed them up by keeping them in their first container too long? And then transplanting into too large a container with dry pockets.

Anyhoo...I'd like to avoid that this year:

Right now they're in quart containers (1/4 gallon. 1 gallon = 3.8L-ish) and I'm planning on moving them into 1 gallon containers.

Makes sense? Am I over thinking it?

I think I'm going to love Sour Diesel and Hulkberry the most just from what I've read....also really looking forward to the less fruit thing triple cheese should have going on.

I'll be keeping all of the little cups in the toaster oven because the kitten has apparently acquired meth from one of the neighbors and is currently out to put momma into a spell of the vapours.

So got a shit seed from the bank which must not be named. I'll send them a CS chat later about it. It's just one seed but at ~$10 a pop I feel like QC should be a little better.

The Nirvana seeds look really good....I kinda hate the packaging. It's difficult to get X amount of seeds out without ALL of them coming out.

Barney's and RQS so far look the best and have the best packaging. ALL OF YOU BREEDERS NEED TO GIVE US STICKERS...plz. Nothing huge but a peel away integral to y'all's existing packaging would be cool as shit.

See everyone in a couple days when the girls start popping!

:green_heart: :cheer: :tommy: :green_heart: :yummy:
Man you got your work cut out! You should do some of that sour d inside and keep a mother. I been vegging some stuff all winter for outside. It gunna be nuts, I got a blue dream I put out when it was about a week into flowering and it got to cold and a lot of flowers died. Well I pulled em of and now cuz the light change she will re-veg into a monster!

@BooWho2 Know how I said I wasn't gonna grow more plants this year?

My leftovers from making hash say otherwise

IMG_20210326_185845_683.jpg

Forgot to tag @NuttyProfessor. He's doing a canna-balism journal where he feeds plants to plants. :cheer:
Ha ha! Weed growing in weed! Man, I wonder what ph would be best? Lol

The bigger outdoor ladies are so very happy... Even the Alien Rock Candy and Rudeboi OG. HulkBerry is a sexy damn plant, as is White Widow. White Widow has the tiniest internodal spacing and the biggest leaves.

All the coffee cup plants are seeds from last year. They will be 'dumped' out behind the boyscout cabin. If they grow cool... Coffee table weed for friends and family.

Finally I can announce my next indoor grow seed sponsor: Homegrown is sending me a selection of their 'Cultivars with Character'! I'm absolutely floating with giddy happiness.

I need to figure out how I'll be growing. Going from my first hydro back to soil is kinda...stressless. it's going to be a busy summer for us tho so do I really want to over complicate my life more? Probably. I also have to remember I can push tent plants harder and faster... Especially in veg. Things to think about.

As I prep stuff for soil I keep returning to what I've learned here, especially from @GoogleGenie and @NuttyProfessor . Banana peels and oxalic acid are so much more to me now

I'm going to go outside and lay in the sun now. Gotta get my outdoor time in before humidity is 80% and the mosquitos claim the land.

Outdoor girls are almost all recovered from staying in their starting containers a little too long and then transplanting. My screw-up with the little CBD bonsai has led to IV feedings :D

I mixed a cc of terpinator with two drops of rapid rooter in a jam glass (4oz? I think?) of distilled. Inspiration for this was all the dead deer I find in the woods around here each spring. Before the last of the flesh is gone there are often little plants already moving in, sprouting between ribs...moss on skulls. Concise and beautiful.

Outdoor girls are almost all recovered from staying in their starting containers a little too long and then transplanting. My screw-up with the little CBD bonsai has led to IV feedings :D

I mixed a cc of terpinator with two drops of rapid rooter in a jam glass (4oz? I think?) of distilled. Inspiration for this was all the dead deer I find in the woods around here each spring. Before the last of the flesh is gone there are often little plants already moving in, sprouting between ribs...moss on skulls. Concise and beautiful.
That skull grow is effin awesome. I want one.
We don't get anything as cool as that Laying around. Odd dead sheep, floating in the river , full of Magots or the odd dead pigeon on the roof..:laugh: Can you buy human skulls?

Back
Top Bottom