Copperrein's Summer 2021 Outdoor Soil Grow

Wow NZ always wanted to go there. I hear y'all have covid under control
Hey TG, Yes here in NZ we are virtually Covid free, while we have been in lockdown for 1 week that is finishing tomorrow. But compared to what we see on the news in other countries it has been very normal, with every few months a case being found and then a mini lockdown and back to normal. I am quite happy with the way the Govt has approached it. I presume it will become like the flu that will always be around. Take care and get a journal going when you start your grow!

The babies are doing well, even LSD is trying her best to make a comeback. Wedding Cake is the most energetic of the bunch:

DSC_0750.jpg
DSC_0752.jpg

DSC_0757.jpg

That cheap blurple got tossed last night. The plug started getting a little hotter than I like. I swapped it out for two white LED bars while I wait for my tent girls to finish (planned to harvest this week but prolly not gonna happen).

DSC_0828.jpg

DSC_0825.jpg
DSC_0826.jpg

DSC_0829.jpg

Even little LSD is looking better :tommy:

Hey TG, Yes here in NZ we are virtually Covid free, while we have been in lockdown for 1 week that is finishing tomorrow. But compared to what we see on the news in other countries it has been very normal, with every few months a case being found and then a mini lockdown and back to normal. I am quite happy with the way the Govt has approached it. I presume it will become like the flu that will always be around. Take care and get a journal going when you start your grow!
Will do man! Ya I wish here in the states our politicians werent so ignorant and greedy. Keeps getting worse here.

Looking at Rudeboi now...I see a definite ring pattern to the deficiency...wonder if that's mirroring something below? Rudeboi is the wettest and I have high EC water soooo....maybe a pH issue caused by wet conditions and high EC leading to hydrolysis?

Not super concerned just yet and I'm getting pretty good at saving the root systems of plants I messed up :D so yeah. Just so long as it isn't some damn bug.

Yep, it will be around, possibly forever. The pandemic of 1918 still pops up in small areas of the world. The Black Plague or Bubonic pandemic of 1345 AD -1355 AD still shows up in a few people.

I've got butterflies!

12 plants in homemade soil. Soil will be made as soon as the snow leaves my various compost and poop piles.

Starting with 25/25/50 last year's soil, peat, and my own normal compost (all vegetable matter with a little horse poo smattered about the mix)

From there I'll be adding chicken shit, bat shit, and horse shit. I have plenty of all three provided free by nature. Why not use it? Also gypsum and rabbit feed pellets at this point.

Then azo, myco, and humics.

Oh, and perlite until it looks right.

Last year I did SubCool's (RIP) super soil and got some really nice plants:

It worked well but the whole recipe requires a bunch of things, many of which are difficult to get here. I'm also not paying $30 for 5lb baggie of rare dodo bird doodie. If I see deficiencies I'll address such issues in time with supplemental nutrients.

They'll be in 20 or 25 gallon grow bags out under the fleeting Michigan sun. Rain water when available and well water when needed. I guess I should clarify our well...it's tapped into a limestone aquifer as opposed to a normal groundwater well. This bumps up my alkalinity a bit, but HEY....I've got two happy plants living in it right now in hydro so I'm not super concerned.

I've only been seriously smoking cannabis since 2018 so I know very little about 'what I like'. Because of this I am going for variety this year. I've grown only two of the strains before: GG4 and Gelat.OG. Gelat.OG is currently my main medicine but I'm looking for more energetic and creative strains for my rec weed.

So my plants:

Gelat.OG X2
GG4
Alien Rock Candy
Rudeboi OG
Wedding Cake
(sooo excited for this one...looks to be a gorgeous strain!)
Critical Purple Kush
Sour Diesel
(another new one I'm so giddy for)
LSD
HulkBerry
(this, too)
Triple Cheese
And the grandest lady of all: White Widow

I'll be popping the beans as soon as I figure out where the man hid all my party cups :<

SO EXCITE imma vom
I love your set up and I look forward to joining in and watching your grow magic.

:)

The outdoor girls are still trucking along. A little leaf waviness which I assume is due to hard water. Happens everytime. I think the plants get used to it. Imma need to solve my water problem if I want to run more difficult strains.

Also the cat sat on a clone.

IMG_20210317_071556_858.jpg

The outdoor girls are still trucking along. A little leaf waviness which I assume is due to hard water. Happens everytime. I think the plants get used to it. Imma need to solve my water problem if I want to run more difficult strains.
Hey Copper, I think I have had some of that leaf issue too, I used to refer to it as krinkled leaves, but I think pretty much always as the plants mature they've come right so I have never bothered further about it. If it is hard water, that's interesting. You have some good looking strains that I am keen to watch progress!

Hey Copper, I think I have had some of that leaf issue too, I used to refer to it as krinkled leaves, but I think pretty much always as the plants mature they've come right so I have never bothered further about it. If it is hard water, that's interesting. You have some good looking strains that I am keen to watch progress!
Thank you! I've only done popular strains so I'm guessing they're all hardier than some of the sativas and cool spindly willowy primordial-looking plants I see people growing on here, thus easier. I'm interested to see if I can't get something close to pure sativa to grow outside here in Michigan but my well water might cause too many issues.

Eh, I have a hundred cannabis-related ideas and projects bubbling about in my head thanks to all you plant nerds...which ones to do first, tho?
:cheer:

We finally got a little rain the other night and were able to start prepping for the summer grow. Nothing super impressive but hey... Have a photo of two weirdos playing with fire

IMG_20210317_135341_856.jpg

And the result:

IMG_20210317_194023_311.jpg

I maaaay put a plant in the soil back there just to see if shit will grow. All my non-herbs get planted around the cabin area so I know hardy stuff like yarrow and poke will grow. There's a huge barn just to the South which will give shade in the morning which makes me hesitant. It gets incredibly wet here the closer we get to harvest.

Nice little cabin, reminds me of mid-Michigan hunting camps of long ago.
Thank you! It's actually a Boy Scout cabin from the old Northwoods Scout reservation! It's the one my man was living in when he got his order of the arrow. They closed Northwoods down and sold it so I bought it.

Edit: bought the cabin... Not the camp :p

Outdoor girls are happy. Kinda want to feed them some GF because I have self control issues and always tinker with shit even when I shouldn't. Tell me not to, oh larger hive mind :oops:

(Edit: they're already in FFOF)

IMG_20210319_063345_368.jpg

IMG_20210319_063501_528.jpg

IMG_20210319_063333_958.jpg

Last plant is not part of the outdoor girls but she winked at me so I included her

Ah, chickens. Do you let them free range? Our daughter has 4 or 5 different breeds of layers. This year she is planning on scraping several inches off the top of the hen run and mixing it in with her compost pile to mellow out.
Yep...I let them spend most of the day free. I've got three good roosters and three good dogs helping to keep the...mentally slower....hens safe. It's nice having a selection of poop to choose from :D

Oh, speaking of poop: I went up to our big barn to scavenge bat poo and I think our population has finally succumb to white nose disease :< No bats and no bat poop. I hope I'm wrong.

Back
Top Bottom