CoffeeShopSeeds Sponsored Grow: Emmie’s Huge 1 Month Interval Constant Harvest

Soon the challenge will be to keep the plants restrained to this room. I will do what I can to train them into little 1/2 tub shrubs, but you know how that goes. If I have to, I will move them to the bigger room but for now I am hoping they will be reasonable. The SIP in the other room, DYNOMYCO grow has me a little worried.
Nice "problem" to have, eh?

I have decided which seeds I am going to run next. I also have a new photo box that I wanted to play with this evening before I really put it to work tomorrow. After a little bit of cussing and three medium strong girls tugging this way and that, we finally got it zipped into shape. This evening, I snapped the first test picture in the light box.

DSCF1653.JPG

Already I see things I need to improve... tomorrow I tackle a steep learning curve.

The SIP in the other room, DYNOMYCO grow has me a little worried.
But you could just flip to flower earlier, right? I understand you likely have a packed sched with little room for deviation in this instance. Too bad you're a gardener then! lol. No, I realize you can get really good at sched'ing grows and plant stages and it's a major skill.

I trained my plants using @Carcass carhooks, which really kept them flat, they are less than 12 inches high as we reduce the photoperiod and begin transition. I trained them away from each other to help overcome the density issue with two plants in these totes.

I will not be able to scrog these as I need the equip for my grape harvest that's happening right now. Im juicing and freezing hundreds of pounds that I'll make wine and jelly with. Still eating last year's jelly.

I'm even selling grapes on my streetside kiosk I had all summer to sell succulents, perennials, free books (good ones) and collected knick knacks.

I flipped into flower yesterday, and will begin removing hooks as the stretch progresses and I get some idea what I'm dealing with. I have 5 feet from my soil top (on 3-4 inch high dollies) to a safe distance from the light when set at maximum height. I did a major defol a week ago, then aggressively reset my carhooks and now a week later we're off into flower after a 5 week veg. They arent Xmas tree impressive, but they have a huge number of bud sites that are all at the same height.
20220926_193058.jpg
I took a 2-year professional photography associate degree years ago and have used those light tents extensively. I like them. Fully mature plants in front of an 18% grey is so understated, so classy and effective. Stinker did a nice job with his Pink Runtz Autos recently with a grey fabric background. Gonna be a big improvement factor for your efforts here, exciting.

If you're having any issues with a shoot and have no one local I may be able to help you clear it. I ended up in photojournalism (I went to uni for journalism) and some fine art in the end, but also did a lot of product shooting. Esp for our family jewellery business Honica.com Shooting Jewellery was so involved and demanding, I felt like I could either collapse in a psychic break, or create magnificent images, at any given point in the whole jewellery timeline. Fun though. Taught me a great deal. I hope you'll enjoy the setup, because then we will.

20220916_114316.jpg

20220926_192947.jpg

Wednesday has arrived!
I am waiting for the FedEx driver.

Cmok6dXXYAEH1bU.jpg
Hi Em!
I see your cat it related to the cats I used to have (haha.)
I hope you get your shipment soon!
And thanks for sharing your research!

(You and RD are wayyyy over my head here, but I am trying to glean kibbles and bits as we go! Thanks for posting all your good work! I am learning a lot!)

Hello friends! Today is Friday, and I owe you a surprise! The FedEx lady arrived with my package this afternoon and I promptly started opening it.

I will be starting a grow journal yet tonight featuring this new product in for an official 420 Magazine Review. The item has been mounted in Veg Room #2, for now the permanent home of my 6 clone run in SIP containers. Now being featured in this grow, is this monster of a light, the Cultiuana CT-720 Full Spectrum LED Grow Light!

This bad boy draws 720 Watts and produces 2016 umol/s of light and unbeatable 2.8 umol/j efficiency, it is dimmable and an actual 42.5x45 inches after unfolding. It will easily cover a 5'x5' area in veg and a 4'x4' area in bloom.

I don't like how I have it hung, and I am not even sure I like it mounted on that side of the room, but for now it is in place and working well. The knob says it is at 60% and at the top of the canopy I am measuring 49k LUX.

DSCF1695.JPG
DSCF1694.JPG
DSCF1693.JPG
DSCF1687.JPG
DSCF1686.JPG
DSCF1685.JPG

Hello friends! Today is Friday, and I owe you a surprise! The FedEx lady arrived with my package this afternoon and I promptly started opening it.

I will be starting a grow journal yet tonight featuring this new product in for an official 420 Magazine Review. The item has been mounted in Veg Room #2, for now the permanent home of my 6 clone run in SIP containers. Now being featured in this grow, is this monster of a light, the Cultiuana CT-720 Full Spectrum LED Grow Light!

This bad boy draws 720 Watts and produces 2016 umol/s of light and unbeatable 2.8 umol/j efficiency, it is dimmable and an actual 42.5x45 inches after unfolding. It will easily cover a 5'x5' area in veg and a 4'x4' area in bloom.

I don't like how I have it hung, and I am not even sure I like it mounted on that side of the room, but for now it is in place and working well. The knob says it is at 60% and at the top of the canopy I am measuring 49k LUX.

DSCF1695.JPG
DSCF1694.JPG
DSCF1693.JPG
DSCF1687.JPG
DSCF1686.JPG
DSCF1685.JPG
abcfe52a8aed466c55946d424b5e3334653c1be1.gif

8413eb0f5a09d5c439fe80cd3f9e4e21f93094c5.gif

Congratulations, new sponsor Cultiuana, on your Emilya!

That is some future tech right there, Homeslice! Dat thang will beam you up while it's beamin' down, Sistah!
Spacey.gif

I feel a grow-off sneakin up someday.... that is, I mean, if you'd spot an innocent lil' noob 300W.

How exciting. Well, I'm gonna get my money's worth then and grill you to into bio-char with ?'s about your lights, brush up!

In the Bloom Room, we have my purple kush. They are going nuts too, but I have to note that the far red lights have kept stretch down to a bare minimum on this run, and these have ended up being some relatively short plants. I am still worried about them being able to tip over the buckets someday, but short is going to help a lot. At the right angles, you can already start to see some of the purple leaf coloring starting to come in, but as of yet it is still very subtle. We are at day 13 of bloom on a 6-7 week bloom plant, meaning that we are already about 1/3 of the way through bloom!

Purple kush 13 day bud closeup.JPG
purple kush 13 days.JPG
13 day buds purple kush SIP3.JPG
13 day buds purple kush SIP2.JPG
13 day buds purple kush SIP.JPG

DSCF1695.JPG
DSCF1694.JPG
DSCF1693.JPG
DSCF1687.JPG
DSCF1686.JPG
DSCF1685.JPG
That's an awesome looking light

In the Bloom Room, we have my purple kush. They are going nuts too, but I have to note that the far red lights have kept stretch down to a bare minimum on this run, and these have ended up being some relatively short plants. I am still worried about them being able to tip over the buckets someday, but short is going to help a lot. At the right angles, you can already start to see some of the purple leaf coloring starting to come in, but as of yet it is still very subtle. We are at day 13 of bloom on a 6-7 week bloom plant, meaning that we are already about 1/3 of the way through bloom!

Purple kush 13 day bud closeup.JPG
purple kush 13 days.JPG
13 day buds purple kush SIP3.JPG
13 day buds purple kush SIP2.JPG
13 day buds purple kush SIP.JPG
Purple kush 13 day bud closeup - superb plant, superb photograph ♥️

They're looking good, Em.

I have to note that the far red lights have kept stretch down to a bare minimum on this run, and these have ended up being some relatively short plants.
I just wanted to bump this thought, just so no one misses it. So far, EVERY run I have made using these Far Red Trigger Lights, has resulted in short plants. This is a 6' 6" grow room, so any tall plants would have no choice but to be supercropped if they decided to grow too tall and before the trigger lights, this was all too frequent. In every case the trigger lights have kept stretch below 100%, and most of the time total stretch ends up being about 60% of the final veg height. This is a game changer.

Shortening the eventual height of my plants is of paramount importance, not to mention that it results in a better grow with a more even canopy and the light down closer to the plants. I don't know how many runs it has been since I first installed my 30w Deep and Far Red light bar, but EVERY ONE OF THEM has shown this 10 minutes of red light before the big lights come on, to be working as postulated... it greatly reduces stretch.

At what point do we get to call this proven science? Do we have to wait for Dr. Bugbee and Apogee to find my work (and presumably others), copy what they find and claim it to be their own in another blockbuster YouTube series, or can we at least give notice and maybe a little appreciation to a couple of years of research into this matter by a reasonably competent amateur attic gardener? Does anyone mind if I finally just declare this effect to be a given and well proven to be effective? It's already got a name, so henceforth, I will call it the Trigger Effect. It works.

Unfortunately, not enough people know about this yet. AgroMax was making a really cool regular socket flood lamp, that put out 720nm. Not enough people bought it and it has been discontinued. This is disappointing, but there are still a few LED strips available if you look hard enough, and someone could probably do well putting a deep red COB light together. It doesn't take a lot of wattage... but it has to be deep red. Let me know if you find a source for one of these... I am looking far and wide and need to find a solution quickly.

DSCF1695.JPG
DSCF1694.JPG
DSCF1693.JPG
DSCF1687.JPG
DSCF1686.JPG
DSCF1685.JPG
Hi Emmers! I assume you have already cunningly resourcefully exhausted the sponsors and the big river rafts and such??
Well, since it is you who are asking, have you considered a search on AliExpress, if only as a last resort? They normally take 2-3 weeks for AliExpress Standard Shipping. Some of them offer faster services if needed. Just a thought, as many of the factories are there, and they can custom make whatever you want, and ship it pronto. If not helpful, please just delete.
Got to run! We are moving soon, and there are deadlines, and packing! I am glad I read this, though!
I assume one normally needs these indoors.
Would these be of any use outdoors, to limit stretch in sativas? Or would they be (probably) a total waste of resources?

Hi Emmers! I assume you have already cunningly resourcefully exhausted the sponsors and the big river rafts and such??
Well, since it is you who are asking, have you considered a search on AliExpress, if only as a last resort? They normally take 2-3 weeks for AliExpress Standard Shipping. Some of them offer faster services if needed. Just a thought, as many of the factories are there, and they can custom make whatever you want, and ship it pronto. If not helpful, please just delete.
Got to run! We are moving soon, and there are deadlines, and packing! I am glad I read this, though!
I assume one normally needs these indoors.
Would these be of any use outdoors, to limit stretch in sativas? Or would they be (probably) a total waste of resources?
I have done a global search for deep red 720nm and sadly Ali did not come up. This is new tech, and some that has not caught on yet. Hopefully soon someone will market this correctly.

Outside you don't need this, you have the sun! Down low on the horizon every morning before the sun sneaks up over the horizon, the plants can get a few minutes of deep red. If they can see it, they have no more need to overly stretch.

Have a good move!

I just wanted to bump this thought, just so no one misses it. So far, EVERY run I have made using these Far Red Trigger Lights, has resulted in short plants. This is a 6' 6" grow room, so any tall plants would have no choice but to be supercropped if they decided to grow too tall and before the trigger lights, this was all too frequent. In every case the trigger lights have kept stretch below 100%, and most of the time total stretch ends up being about 60% of the final veg height. This is a game changer.

Shortening the eventual height of my plants is of paramount importance, not to mention that it results in a better grow with a more even canopy and the light down closer to the plants. I don't know how many runs it has been since I first installed my 30w Deep and Far Red light bar, but EVERY ONE OF THEM has shown this 10 minutes of red light before the big lights come on, to be working as postulated... it greatly reduces stretch.

At what point do we get to call this proven science? Do we have to wait for Dr. Bugbee and Apogee to find my work (and presumably others), copy what they find and claim it to be their own in another blockbuster YouTube series, or can we at least give notice and maybe a little appreciation to a couple of years of research into this matter by a reasonably competent amateur attic gardener? Does anyone mind if I finally just declare this effect to be a given and well proven to be effective? It's already got a name, so henceforth, I will call it the Trigger Effect. It works.

Unfortunately, not enough people know about this yet. AgroMax was making a really cool regular socket flood lamp, that put out 720nm. Not enough people bought it and it has been discontinued. This is disappointing, but there are still a few LED strips available if you look hard enough, and someone could probably do well putting a deep red COB light together. It doesn't take a lot of wattage... but it has to be deep red. Let me know if you find a source for one of these... I am looking far and wide and need to find a solution quickly.

I believe all your theories, Em, proven and unproven. You know how to grow. That's why I follow you. And, also because you're not afraid to explore new things. And, that you don't mind explaining why you do what you do. And, let's just face it, you're pretty great. :love:

But, I did want to say that in your new role as Product Reviewer, could you not reach out to some of the light sponsors about developing a red light in their lineups? You have the proof that it works. @VIVOSUN comes to mind with their new Vivosun Smart Grow System. It seems to me like this red light could be incorporated into their system. You have the proof it works. Just an idea.

I believe all your theories, Em, proven and unproven. You know how to grow. That's why I follow you. And, also because you're not afraid to explore new things. And, that you don't mind explaining why you do what you do. And, let's just face it, you're pretty great. :love:

But, I did want to say that in your new role as Product Reviewer, could you not reach out to some of the light sponsors about developing a red light in their lineups? You have the proof that it works. @VIVOSUN comes to mind with their new Vivosun Smart Grow System. It seems to me like this red light could be incorporated into their system. You have the proof it works. Just an idea.
What she said.

Back
Top Bottom