Celt’s 2020 Grows

My girls have weathered the frost like the champs they are :) an hour after that last post, the frost had melted off even off the girls who were still not seeing the sun :)

Here‘s how they look now, the plant on the left was the one showing the “frosty” bud.

D2FEED7D-EC5D-4531-9F60-85895269184B.jpeg

The garden girls also looking good, the pumpkin, not so much and time to harvest them. Those leaves won’t recover and the pumpkins are now done growing.

2B389D5E-D451-46F5-B989-82F6B1FAD050.jpeg

Glad I didn’t trust the weatherman, our 6C became 0...covered the plants the best I could but there are branches not covered. When the temps come up, I will take their covers off and see how they respond.
You would think it was late October here, not late September. Hopefully this will be the last of the frigid temps for at least a month :)

Well it appears Teddy’s eye has dispersed and the first of its cloud is now here in my area. Predicted winds have now scaled back with gust only hitting the 60kph (37 mph), nothing more than an average storm round here, damn I get 40 and 50kph gusts here on a nice day :rofl:

I will still put the bucket girls in the garage for the next couple days, they blow over easily on a good day, and due to the forecast rain making the bud much heavier, I will wrap the 3 girls who are not in cages with burlap to help support that extra weight in the wind.

Some awesome clear Blue Dream QWISO. About 6oz of bud that wasn’t trimmed due to being seedy, washed with 1/2 gallon ISO and about 40% of the wash went into this, the other 60% went into a 2nd jar that I use for edibles.

C3968864-06E7-46F0-9131-FB819ABCB87C.jpeg

No weight yet, not that I care, I am fussy about the oil I intend to smoke, I want 0% chlorophyll :)

Tried some around 8 this morning, hits ya like a kick in the ass, energizing mind and body but with a pain melting side effect. Hits hard, fast and fairly long lasting, few hours with the first hour being intense. It was the tightest I have been wound since last Xmas:) and I got a lot done outside with the girls in record time for me :)

Speaking of the girls, the little, (OK not so little after having carried them) bucket girls were put in the old garage for the next couple days, and 2 of the big girls, that weren’t in cages, got a burlap shawl around them to help support them for the next couple days.

The wind for here (my area of the province) has been downgraded to about 60kph gusts (less than 40mph) which is just a normal fall storm for us. My major concern isn’t so much the wind, sure my girls can handle that without batting an eye, but coupled with heavy rain making the bud wet and super heavy, it could cause major damage to unsupported girls.

Some girls just gotta have their girdle on before going out ;)

Hey man, we're getting the storm now but it's just a bunch of rain and not much for wind as I expected. I heard NS is supposed to take the landfall and break the winds before it hits us.

Well it appears Teddy’s eye has dispersed and the first of its cloud is now here in my area. Predicted winds have now scaled back with gust only hitting the 60kph (37 mph), nothing more than an average storm round here, damn I get 40 and 50kph gusts here on a nice day :rofl:

I will still put the bucket girls in the garage for the next couple days, they blow over easily on a good day, and due to the forecast rain making the bud much heavier, I will wrap the 3 girls who are not in cages with burlap to help support that extra weight in the wind.
The luxury of growing outdoors in NS...
Stay safe Celt, and I'm sure you'll keep those beautiful ladies safe.

:headbanger::rollit:

When you mentioned the plants blowing over I had to go check mine. Not only are they still upright, there's not even a gust of wind to move the trees. But Sussex is almost an hour inland once it hits this side of the bay. We miss a lot of storms like that.

Hi Celt, your girls are looking hardy and lush. :yummy: I used to think the desert might not have some of the things people look for when choosing a place to live but as far as growing outdoors goes it is hard to beat. No rot or mold to worry about, just extreme heat. I'll send some warm, dry weather your way. It supposed to be over 100F by weeks end. Stay stoned and stay stoneder.:passitleft:

Back
Top Bottom