Casey Jones #2

I think I've seen plants change their speed of growth, after a large temperature change.

Yeah I also believe that some nutrient intake is slowed after the temperatures go below certain degree (too cold) but there is also the adaptability of the plant in general like Ruderalis type of Cannabis can grow in Russia for example.

:passitleft: High b... I am seeing the same thing with my new babies and I am having almost the same exact temps..... My nephew has moved in and the grow room is the spare bedroom so he has been sleeping with the plants and I didn't know until a couple of days ago but he has been cracking the window in there and turning the ceiling fan on high at night because he likes it really cold when he sleeps and puts on about 3 blankets... KIDS! I explained it! They should be much happier at night now and hopefully not tooo stunted but mine look almost exactly like yours so maybe it is the swing in temps being so extreme.... In the past mine have always run about 75 during the day and about 68 at night... I had a couple of the temps gauge in the high 50's..:thedoubletake: Hope you had a Merry Christmas.....:circle-of-love:

I'm at a loss. I think running them 6" away in the beginning and stunting them made them not enjoy the light as much as they should. I think I'm going to place them as far as possible from the light (about 20") and hope I can start closer with the next batch.

I just ordered a lux meter.

I appreciate everyones support. keeps me growing. I like the hobby as well to be honest, almost more than I do smoking. if I had a 2x4 t5 I'd be running right now for sure lol.

a lux meter tells you how much light a source emits. a par meter tells you how much of that light is useful to plants. supposedly almost all the light that a led grow light emits is usable by plants.

I made a chart using black dog led's site which may be helpful to a bunch of us (especially myself lol):

-----------veg-----bloom
135 watts 16" and 11"
240 watts 19" and 13"
340 watts 22" and 16"
595 watts 30" and 20"
750 watts 36" and 24"

no problem. I hope it works cause I just set them as low as they can go and the bigger one stands 18" away, the tiny one a bit farther. don't quote me, but I think I noticed pistils on my tiny plant tonight. fml.

If you had it to do over again.........

Received my tracking number for my tent AND my seeds last night, yay me! Since you and I have the same light, and since I'm going to do a 12-12 also, I have a question....
If you had to do it over again, what height would you have started with your led from seedling?
I know the temperature may have been an issue, but where do you think I should start?

start 18" away from the canopy to be safe. I might have to sell my led light and a get a t5 fixture. I have 25" from the light to the floor to work with. after subtracting the height of my containers (5 inches) I have about 20" to work with. to keep the plants 12" away from my light I only have 8" of vertical growing space. to keep them 10" away I have 10" of vertical growing space. to keep them 8" away I have 12" of vertical growing space.

think of it as this: you and your plants where use to your old environment setup, now that you made changes in the setup you have to readapt along with your girls to the new lights. Once you get the setup that fits your girls, they will most def grow nice and healthy.

Back
Top Bottom